United Rugby Championship

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

IanD
Official Mascot

Re: United Rugby Championship

Post by IanD »

Off topic I know but I just want as many people to see this as possible.

With no Live Welsh matches today BBC 2 Wales is showing the 1999 Wales v England match from Wembley at 14:50.

Commentary from Bill McLaren alone should make this a good watch
Treat life like a dog: If you can't eat it, play with it, or hump it, p1$$ on it and walk away!
Ruckedtobits
Rob Kearney

Post by Ruckedtobits »

It's very clear watching Connacht v Munster that lack of match play is impacting both teams and will probably do for other teams. Connacht have looked the more skilful and adventurous team and Munster pack have been unable to bully Connacht (or the Referee).

The decision by the Officials to YC Healy and Delahunt for an incident immediately after the h-t whistle was a clear indication of intent and maybe the game will now flow more.
Dexter
Shane Horgan

Post by Dexter »

Ruckedtobits wrote: January 1st, 2022, 6:17 pm It's very clear watching Connacht v Munster that lack of match play is impacting both teams and will probably do for other teams. Connacht have looked the more skilful and adventurous team and Munster pack have been unable to bully Connacht (or the Referee).

The decision by the Officials to YC Healy and Delahunt for an incident immediately after the h-t whistle was a clear indication of intent and maybe the game will now flow more.
True, but a lot of games involving Munster descend into mistake riddled borefests anyway.
Dont Panic!
OTT
Rhys Ruddock

Post by OTT »

Busby gives yellows for nothing and yellows for head shots. Good f%~k?
"Horrocks went one way, Taylor the other and I was left holding the bloody hyphen!"

~The Late Great Mick English
IanD
Official Mascot

Post by IanD »

OTT wrote: January 1st, 2022, 6:40 pm Busby gives yellows for nothing and yellows for head shots. Good f%~k?
Are you asking for a Friend?
Treat life like a dog: If you can't eat it, play with it, or hump it, p1$$ on it and walk away!
Ruckedtobits
Rob Kearney

Post by Ruckedtobits »

Excellent win (eventually) for Connacht. Really impressed again by the coaching development of so many of their young players. They've done a great job with Burke, Dowding and Prendergast up front and Fitzgerald, Arnold and Farrell behind the scrum.

Marmion one again looked a class operator and even with Hansen having a poor night by his standards, the Connacht back three looked secure.

Well done Andy Friend. Keep it going.
Xanthippe
Shane Horgan

Post by Xanthippe »

IanD wrote: January 1st, 2022, 7:34 pm
OTT wrote: January 1st, 2022, 6:40 pm Busby gives yellows for nothing and yellows for head shots. Good f%~k?
Are you asking for a Friend?
One of our forwards might be able to answer - historically he seems to ride them more than others :twisted:
#LiveLifeLoveLeinster

#BeSeenBeHeardBeBlueBELIEVE

I'm a Book Mark and damn proud of it. Storm 1:08 forever
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

Post by mildlyinterested »

https://www.leinsterrugby.ie/leinster-r ... scheduled/

Rescheduled Fixtures

Friday, 11 February
Leinster Rugby v Edinburgh Rugby – KO 6pm – RDS Arena (LIVE on RTE, Premier Sports, SuperSport and URC.tv)

Saturday, 12 March
Ulster Rugby v Leinster Rugby – KO 7.35pm – Kingspan Stadium (LIVE on TG4, Premier Sports, SuperSport and URC.tv)

Weekend of 20/21/22 May (details to be confirmed)
Munster Rugby v Leinster Rugby – TBC (LIVE on RTE, Premier Sports, SuperSport and URC.tv)
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

One big upside of all of this movement is we now have plenty of opportunities to play guys lower down the depth chart during the 6N again.

Cardiff away, then four home games from 11th Feb - 5th March, then Ulster & Connacht away before Munster in Aviva.

That's 7/8 games potentially where we'll be likely without most Irish guys, so a great opp for gametime.
paddyor
Shane Jennings

Post by paddyor »

SO they're switching the GLasgow Edinburgh game as well. Makes sens I suppose.
Ruddock's tackle stats consistently too low for me to be taken seriously as a Six Nations blindside..... Ruddock's defensive stats don't stack up. - All Blacks Nil, Jan 15th, 2014
England A 8 - 14 Ireland A, 25th Jan 2014
Ruddock(c) 19/2 Tackles
LeinsterLeader
Seán Cronin

Post by LeinsterLeader »

Could they not just switch it to Cork? I'd say their Cork fans would be delighted to see a match on their Doorstep for a change. Okay so they might lose a few shekels but I would garner some goodwill from the Cork Support I would have thought

https://www.independent.ie/sport/rugby/ ... 81131.html
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

LeinsterLeader wrote: January 26th, 2022, 4:56 pm Could they not just switch it to Cork? I'd say their Cork fans would be delighted to see a match on their Doorstep for a change. Okay so they might lose a few shekels but I would garner some goodwill from the Cork Support I would have thought

Seems Munster rugby world comes to a halt for ... Ed Sheeran. Nearly as bad as GAA world bending over backwards to accomodate ... Garth Brooks. What I think about these two showbiz figures, I would rather not put into words. At least as Leinster fans we can be proud of the fact, that the one and only Prince himself played in the RDS in 1992. I was there and it was MAGIC!!!!!!!

p.s. And before anyone points it out - I confess: I am a pop musical snob and proud of it.
Oldschoolsocks
Shane Horgan

Post by Oldschoolsocks »

riocard911 wrote: January 26th, 2022, 6:13 pm
LeinsterLeader wrote: January 26th, 2022, 4:56 pm Could they not just switch it to Cork? I'd say their Cork fans would be delighted to see a match on their Doorstep for a change. Okay so they might lose a few shekels but I would garner some goodwill from the Cork Support I would have thought

Seems Munster rugby world comes to a halt for ... Ed Sheeran. Nearly as bad as GAA world bending over backwards to accomodate ... Garth Brooks. What I think about these two showbiz figures, I would rather not put into words. At least as Leinster fans we can be proud of the fact, that the one and only Prince himself played in the RDS in 1992. I was there and it was MAGIC!!!!!!!

p.s. And before anyone points it out - I confess: I am a pop musical snob and proud of it.
the Purple one also played Pairc ui Caoimh in 1990, one of the worst gigs I was ever at...
Keith
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Keith »

You just know it'll be moved to the Aviva :D
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

Oldschoolsocks wrote: January 26th, 2022, 6:17 pm

the Purple one also played Pairc ui Caoimh in 1990, one of the worst gigs I was ever at...
Sorry to hear it. Everyone has an off day, I guess. I saw him four times - three times in Hamburg and once in Dublin - and every one of those concerts was top notch!
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

I called it a dumb move when they announced the gig and it's only looking dumber.
Xanthippe
Shane Horgan

Post by Xanthippe »

mildlyinterested wrote: January 26th, 2022, 2:00 pm https://www.leinsterrugby.ie/leinster-r ... scheduled/

Rescheduled Fixtures

Friday, 11 February
Leinster Rugby v Edinburgh Rugby – KO 6pm – RDS Arena (LIVE on RTE, Premier Sports, SuperSport and URC.tv)

Saturday, 12 March
Ulster Rugby v Leinster Rugby – KO 7.35pm – Kingspan Stadium (LIVE on TG4, Premier Sports, SuperSport and URC.tv)

Weekend of 20/21/22 May (details to be confirmed)
Munster Rugby v Leinster Rugby – TBC (LIVE on RTE, Premier Sports, SuperSport and URC.tv)
Oh ffs!!! 6pm on a Friday evening is the absolutely worst time possible for a game - Both Nic and I work till 6pm
#LiveLifeLoveLeinster

#BeSeenBeHeardBeBlueBELIEVE

I'm a Book Mark and damn proud of it. Storm 1:08 forever
Oldschoolsocks
Shane Horgan

Post by Oldschoolsocks »

riocard911 wrote: January 26th, 2022, 6:22 pm
Oldschoolsocks wrote: January 26th, 2022, 6:17 pm

Sorry to hear it. Everyone has an off day, I guess. I saw him four times - three times in Hamburg and once in Dublin - and every one of those concerts was top notch!
to be fair, my favourite gig ever was A-House in the Mansion House - so Princes stage show was totally lost on me
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

I was there too. Wasn't a great gig. Maybe why I didn't go to the RDS. Slept in the back of my van down by the lee. Pity. It was the only time I saw him. He was great though.

Love it when a thread meanders....
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

Back on Track

Scarlets have signed Vaea Fifita from Wasps for next season. Wow!

"It's disappointing I won't hide from the fact," Wasps coach Lee Blackett told CoventryLive.
"Vaea's been up front straight from the outset with myself, I couldn't have asked any more of him.
"I think when you understand the big picture and you see everything on paper and what he's been offered, I can't blame him. He's got to think about his family and that's the way of the Premiership at the moment, we just couldn't compete with the offer."
Fifita has been one of the English Premiership's most impressive signings this term, with his skill set and speed in the pack impressing observers.
"I can't emphasise that enough, how good he's been," said Blackett. "How he's adapted really well. It's exciting in terms of what we're going to have with him for the rest of the season.
"Unfortunately as you've seen with several clubs, at times you've got to lose players with the way the cap is and everything like that so it is what it is. But look we're excited to see how this season finishes, I'm not going to be too sad cause he's still a Wasps player at the moment so I'm pretty happy with that."
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!