Heineken Cup 2021/22

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

D4surfer
Mullet

Re: Heineken Cup 2021/22

Post by D4surfer »

enby wrote: May 16th, 2022, 3:10 pm Their "management" of the time when Racing were down to 13 was truly atrocious. I know we didn't score v 14 either side of HT but at least we put Toulouse under some pressure in that time. La Rochelle on the other hand played like novices and were extremely fortunate that 2 missed kicks prevented them from actually losing the yellow card periods. All very surprising from a team coached by someone as canny as ROG
You can coach skills and tactics but you can't coach intelligence.
paddyor
Shane Jennings

Post by paddyor »

ronk wrote: May 15th, 2022, 7:39 pm
D4surfer wrote: May 15th, 2022, 5:12 pm Great. Another opportunity for the Irish media to make this all about Munster. :D
Prendergast as incoming backs coach for Munster.

Whoever won, it wouldn't have changed much.
Speaking of which, Racing didn't look any great shakes once the strike move broke down. Haven't watched much of them but comms said that was fairly typical for them
Ruddock's tackle stats consistently too low for me to be taken seriously as a Six Nations blindside..... Ruddock's defensive stats don't stack up. - All Blacks Nil, Jan 15th, 2014
England A 8 - 14 Ireland A, 25th Jan 2014
Ruddock(c) 19/2 Tackles
footrush
Rhys Ruddock

Post by footrush »

Last time there were this many spare tickets washing around for a final was probably the Saracens v Claremont game in Murrayfield, remember from our Semi Final v Toulon the stewards in the Velodrome were very heavy handed and more suited to a volatile soccer match hope they have the cop and flexibility to allow us to get together in a group in the ground in order to generate some atmosphere ?.
Flying wedge
Ray Donovan
Knowledgeable

Post by Ray Donovan »

footrush wrote: May 16th, 2022, 9:37 pm Last time there were this many spare tickets washing around for a final was probably the Saracens v Claremont game in Murrayfield, remember from our Semi Final v Toulon the stewards in the Velodrome were very heavy handed and more suited to a volatile soccer match hope they have the cop and flexibility to allow us to get together in a group in the ground in order to generate some atmosphere ?.
I can’t see how in any shape or fashion they shift 67,000 tickets for this game.
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

Ray Donovan wrote: May 16th, 2022, 10:37 pm
footrush wrote: May 16th, 2022, 9:37 pm Last time there were this many spare tickets washing around for a final was probably the Saracens v Claremont game in Murrayfield, remember from our Semi Final v Toulon the stewards in the Velodrome were very heavy handed and more suited to a volatile soccer match hope they have the cop and flexibility to allow us to get together in a group in the ground in order to generate some atmosphere ?.
I can’t see how in any shape or fashion they shift 67,000 tickets for this game.
I'd say there will be a good few at the game. A French team in the Final, and 2 the night before, that could be the bigger game attendance wise.
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
footrush
Rhys Ruddock

Post by footrush »

blockhead wrote: May 16th, 2022, 10:49 pm
I'd say there will be a good few at the game. A French team in the Final, and 2 the night before, that could be the bigger game attendance wise.
Things have certainly not been made easy for those wanting to get to this game remember from the Semi Final that we played there that there were about one thousand of us in a block behind the posts and possibly 10,000;Toulon supporters who had come from just down the road, most of the rest seemed to be a kind of rent a crowd who didn’t seem to know that much about the game, be interesting to see if they start unloading cheap or free tickets to build a crowd ?.
Flying wedge
joooooe
Enlightened

Post by joooooe »

Was thinking the same. Such a shame that some eejit didn't check the football fixtures before deciding on (a) the date; and (b) the venue for the final. I know someone who works for a travel agency that organises sports tours and they aren't doing it for this match because there are no planes available to charter. They are all taken up with charters from UK and Spain (and everywhere else) for the Champions League final, which takes place a few hours later in Paris. Killester Travel is doing a two night trip for just over €1,000.

Last year, with two French teams in the final, they moved the final from France to London, with the compensation being that Marseille got it this year. It's properly idiotic planning by EPCR and the result is that their marquee event won't be a sell-out (or if it is, they will have given away the tickets to disinterested locals). A lot of fans who want to go to the game but cannot afford it financially or in terms of time will just have to sit it out.

Rant over. I'm insanely jealous of those of you going to Marseille and I will see you there if my numbers come up on Saturday.
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

Heino final and Champs League final on the same saturday night is not a first.
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
cormac
Rob Kearney

Post by cormac »

Killester Travel charging €895 for a day-trip to the final!!
Look out Itchy, he's Irish
D4surfer
Mullet

Post by D4surfer »

cormac wrote: May 17th, 2022, 10:59 am Killester Travel charging €895 for a day-trip to the final!!
I booked it as there was no real alternative that didn't include trips around the globe.

Don't tell my wife.
Avenger
Seán Cronin

Post by Avenger »

D4surfer wrote: May 17th, 2022, 11:25 am
cormac wrote: May 17th, 2022, 10:59 am Killester Travel charging €895 for a day-trip to the final!!
I booked it as there was no real alternative that didn't include trips around the globe.

Don't tell my wife.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
“The only yardstick for success our society has is being a champion. No one remembers anything else.” - JOHN MADDEN
cormac
Rob Kearney

Post by cormac »

Don't tell my wife.
Or your bank manager
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

cormac wrote: May 17th, 2022, 11:40 am

Don't tell my wife.
Or your bank manager
He's probably booked on the same plane - and not telling his wife either!!! :lol:
Serb
Mullet

Heineken Cup 2021/22

Post by Serb »

blockhead wrote:Heino final and Champs League final on the same saturday night is not a first.
But the same day and same country surely is? I know France is a big country but having 100,000+ people all coming to your country for the same weekend trip has got to put pressure on anyones infrastructure, especially when both events involve effectively three neighbouring countries.
D4surfer
Mullet

Post by D4surfer »

riocard911 wrote: May 17th, 2022, 11:44 am
cormac wrote: May 17th, 2022, 11:40 am

Don't tell my wife.
Or your bank manager
He's probably booked on the same plane - and not telling his wife either!!! :lol:
That trip is now sold out. There will be lots of untold wives and bank managers.
coolbawn
Beginner

Post by coolbawn »

11 minutes about Leinster on the BBC Rugby podcast if you can access it:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p0c76pzk
from 11:45 mm:ss to 23:00 mm:ss
SoupyNorman
Bookworm

Post by SoupyNorman »

Serb wrote: May 17th, 2022, 11:52 am
blockhead wrote:Heino final and Champs League final on the same saturday night is not a first.
But the same day and same country surely is? I know France is a big country but having 100,000+ people all coming to your country for the same weekend trip has got to put pressure on anyones infrastructure, especially when both events involve effectively three neighbouring countries.
In fairness, I don't think the EPCR organisers had direct access to Putin's schedule planner when finalised the venue. Champions League final was originally scheduled for Moscow.
outcast eddie
Mullet

Post by outcast eddie »

coolbawn wrote: May 17th, 2022, 12:48 pm 11 minutes about Leinster on the BBC Rugby podcast if you can access it:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p0c76pzk
from 11:45 mm:ss to 23:00 mm:ss
Interesting point about Sexton not being on the B&I Lions tour so had whole off season to develop his on-field coaching role within the squad.
The odds are good but the goods are odd.
wexford bohs
Beginner

Post by wexford bohs »

Serb wrote: May 17th, 2022, 11:52 am
To be fair the champions league final was originally meant to be in Russia this year. It's only due to Putin's insane agenda that the final was been moved to Paris a few months ago
cormac
Rob Kearney

Post by cormac »

JWT undercutting Killester by offering the same day trip for €894.