Heineken Cup 2021/22

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

Dexter
Shane Horgan

Re: Heineken Cup 2021/22

Post by Dexter »

The Monaco Grand Prix is also on the same weekend. That's only down the road form Marseilles, relatively.
Dont Panic!
fourthirtythree
Leo Cullen

Post by fourthirtythree »

cormac wrote: May 17th, 2022, 2:11 pm
cormac wrote: May 17th, 2022, 10:59 am Killester Travel charging €895 for a day-trip to the final!!
JWT undercutting Killester by offering the same day trip for €894.
You'd be sick if you'd just bought it, sick.
D4surfer
Mullet

Post by D4surfer »

2022 EPCR European Player of the Year shortlist 

Grégory ALLDRITT (Stade Rochelais)
Caelan DORIS (Leinster Rugby)
Antoine DUPONT (Stade Toulousain)
James LOWE (Leinster Rugby)
Josh VAN DER FLIER (Leinster Rugby)

https://www.epcrugby.com/2022/05/17/sta ... shortlist/
Laighin Break
Mullet

Post by Laighin Break »

You can vote for Player of the Year here
They made an error setting up the page as it's multi select rather thang single select, so I voted for Josh, James and Caelan. I wonder if they all actually got a vote from my entry

https://imgur.com/a/1BlmbtM
Last edited by Laighin Break on May 17th, 2022, 4:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
desperado
Mullet

Post by desperado »

D4surfer wrote: May 17th, 2022, 11:25 am
cormac wrote: May 17th, 2022, 10:59 am Killester Travel charging €895 for a day-trip to the final!!
I booked it as there was no real alternative that didn't include trips around the globe.

Don't tell my wife.
Same here got fed up trying different combos. So I looked at the KT option; but you can get the same flights from Aer Lingus for 780 approx.; and via eDreams for 723. All your missing is a bus/metro connection to/from airport and services of a rep?
D4surfer
Mullet

Post by D4surfer »

desperado wrote: May 17th, 2022, 4:02 pm
D4surfer wrote: May 17th, 2022, 11:25 am
I booked it as there was no real alternative that didn't include trips around the globe.

Don't tell my wife.
Same here got fed up trying different combos. So I looked at the KT option; but you can get the same flights from Aer Lingus for 780 approx.; and via eDreams for 723. All your missing is a bus/metro connection to/from airport and services of a rep?
The Aer Lingus flights are sold out now.
Morf
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Morf »

joooooe wrote: May 17th, 2022, 10:41 amLast year, with two French teams in the final, they moved the final from France to London, with the compensation being that Marseille got it this year. It's properly idiotic planning by EPCR and the result is that their marquee event won't be a sell-out (or if it is, they will have given away the tickets to disinterested locals). A lot of fans who want to go to the game but cannot afford it financially or in terms of time will just have to sit it out.
Pedant alert:
Disinterested is impartiality, not having an interest in either outcome.
Uninterested is the absence of interest.

Close enough to be interchangeable at times but I get the strong impression that most people using it online or journalists don't actually know there is a difference.[/pedant alert]
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

Morf wrote: May 17th, 2022, 6:48 pm
joooooe wrote: May 17th, 2022, 10:41 amLast year, with two French teams in the final, they moved the final from France to London, with the compensation being that Marseille got it this year. It's properly idiotic planning by EPCR and the result is that their marquee event won't be a sell-out (or if it is, they will have given away the tickets to disinterested locals). A lot of fans who want to go to the game but cannot afford it financially or in terms of time will just have to sit it out.
Pedant alert:

Close enough to be interchangeable at times but I get the strong impression that most people using it online or journalists don't actually know there is a difference.[/pedant alert]
You're grand. Drives me bonkers too, when they get them mixed up.
Morf
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Morf »

riocard911 wrote: May 17th, 2022, 6:51 pm
Pedant alert:

You're grand. Drives me bonkers too, when they get them mixed up.
Wasn't meaning to pick out Jooooooe specifically either!
joooooe
Enlightened

Post by joooooe »

Pedant alert:

I deliberately used "disinterested" rather than "uninterested." In the context of tickets being given away to [ ] locals, I was trying (though clearly failing!) to say that the crowd would be largely made up of non-partisan day trippers. Presumably, they would have an interest in the game (given that they're there) but would not really care much about the outcome.
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

Very pedantic. :twisted:
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
Morf
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Morf »

joooooe wrote: May 17th, 2022, 8:33 pm
Pedant alert:

I deliberately used "disinterested" rather than "uninterested." In the context of tickets being given away to [ ] locals, I was trying (though clearly failing!) to say that the crowd would be largely made up of non-partisan day trippers. Presumably, they would have an interest in the game (given that they're there) but would not really care much about the outcome.
They'll probably support La Rochelle just because they're French which makes them opportunistic but not disinterested.
The stewards or stadium staff are better described as disinterested as they're paid to be there. /moresemanticpedantry
footrush
Rhys Ruddock

Post by footrush »

Morf wrote: May 17th, 2022, 8:40 pm
joooooe wrote: May 17th, 2022, 8:33 pm

Pedant alert:

They'll probably support La Rochelle just because they're French which makes them opportunistic but not disinterested.
The stewards or stadium staff are better described as disinterested as they're paid to be there. /moresemanticpedantry
Last time I was there the stewards were antagonistic and taciturn displaying very little empathy for the spirit of the game and expecting the worst in terms of soccer violence. It was not a pleasant atmosphere at all …..
Flying wedge
Serb
Mullet

Post by Serb »

D4surfer wrote:2022 EPCR European Player of the Year shortlist 

Glad to see they are flexible enough to include players in the final nomination that perform exceptionally well but didn’t make the original long list (i.e. Lowe), but it does beg the question why they bother at all with the long list.
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

Post by mildlyinterested »

Serb wrote: May 18th, 2022, 4:26 am
D4surfer wrote:2022 EPCR European Player of the Year shortlist 

Glad to see they are flexible enough to include players in the final nomination that perform exceptionally well but didn’t make the original long list (i.e. Lowe), but it does beg the question why they bother at all with the long list.
Social Media engagement
domhnallj
Rhys Ruddock

Post by domhnallj »

Champions cup due for Dublin next year. Hopefully it will involve a defence of the title by Leinster.
"That was shiterarse coaches need to look at themselves this is as bad at is.beem with school. Items impeovrnkyb neefedc"

Golf Man sums up the mood of a nation
neill_m
Rhys Ruddock

Post by neill_m »

domhnallj wrote: May 19th, 2022, 10:01 am Champions cup due for Dublin next year. Hopefully it will involve a defence of the title by Leinster.
The 2023 Finals were originally scheduled to be staged at the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium; however, with the Premier League concluding later than usual due to the 2022 FIFA World Cup taking place in November and December, coupled with the impact of Rugby World Cup 2023 on the EPCR calendar, it was decided to select the Aviva Stadium as next season’s host venue.

McKay added: “We are very happy to continue working with Tottenham Hotspur to stage our Finals there soon. It is a sensational stadium with a burgeoning history of hosting rugby matches.
Last edited by neill_m on May 19th, 2022, 1:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

Post by mildlyinterested »

domhnallj wrote: May 19th, 2022, 10:01 am Champions cup due for Dublin next year. Hopefully it will involve a defence of the title by Leinster.
Allez, in Johnnys final season in blue.
LeinsterLeader
Seán Cronin

Post by LeinsterLeader »

Nine Irish players named on the Champions Cup team of the season
Champions Cup runners-up Leinster dominate the team with eight players selected. Champions La Rochelle have four players included

TUE, 13 SEP, 2022 - 11:59
TJ GALVIN

"Nine Irish players have been named on the 2021/22 Heineken Champions Cup team of the season.

Champions Cup runners-up Leinster dominate the team with eight players selected. Hugo Keenan, Garry Ringrose, James Lowe, and Johnny Sexton are named in the backline.

Rónan Kelleher, Tadhg Furlong, Ross Molony, and Josh van der Flier have been named in the forward pack along with Munster's captain Peter O'Mahony.

Champions La Rochelle have four players included with Raymond Rhule named on the wing having scored four tries in the tournament along with a key try in the final.

Danny Priso is named at loosehead prop, giant second row Will Skelton is named at lock and La Rochelle captain Grégory Alldritt named at number 8.

The team is completed by one player each from Toulouse and Racing 92. Toulouse's French star Antoine Dupont has been named at scrum-half.

Racing 92's French international Gael Fickou has been named at inside centre.
"

2021/22 European Heineken Champions Cup team of the season

15. Hugo Keenan (Leinster Rugby)

14. Raymond Rhule (Stade Rochelais)

13. Garry Ringrose (Leinster Rugby)

12. Gaël Fickou (Racing 92)

11. James Lowe (Leinster Rugby)

10. Johnny Sexton (Leinster Rugby)

9. Antoine Dupont (Stade Toulousain)

1. Dany Priso (Stade Rochelais)

2. Rónan Kelleher (Leinster Rugby)

3. Tadhg Furlong (Leinster Rugby)

4. Will Skelton (Stade Rochelais)

5. Ross Molony (Leinster Rugby)

6. Peter O’Mahony (Munster Rugby)

7. Josh van der Flier (Leinster Rugby)

8. Grégory Alldritt (Stade Rochelais)
Oldschoolsocks
Shane Horgan

Post by Oldschoolsocks »

LeinsterLeader wrote: September 13th, 2022, 3:14 pm Nine Irish players named on the Champions Cup team of the season
Champions Cup runners-up Leinster dominate the team with eight players selected. Champions La Rochelle have four players included

TUE, 13 SEP, 2022 - 11:59
TJ GALVIN

"Nine Irish players have been named on the 2021/22 Heineken Champions Cup team of the season.

Champions Cup runners-up Leinster dominate the team with eight players selected. Hugo Keenan, Garry Ringrose, James Lowe, and Johnny Sexton are named in the backline.

Rónan Kelleher, Tadhg Furlong, Ross Molony, and Josh van der Flier have been named in the forward pack along with Munster's captain Peter O'Mahony.

Champions La Rochelle have four players included with Raymond Rhule named on the wing having scored four tries in the tournament along with a key try in the final.

Danny Priso is named at loosehead prop, giant second row Will Skelton is named at lock and La Rochelle captain Grégory Alldritt named at number 8.

The team is completed by one player each from Toulouse and Racing 92. Toulouse's French star Antoine Dupont has been named at scrum-half.

Racing 92's French international Gael Fickou has been named at inside centre.
"

2021/22 European Heineken Champions Cup team of the season

15. Hugo Keenan (Leinster Rugby)

14. Raymond Rhule (Stade Rochelais)

13. Garry Ringrose (Leinster Rugby)

12. Gaël Fickou (Racing 92)

11. James Lowe (Leinster Rugby)

10. Johnny Sexton (Leinster Rugby)

9. Antoine Dupont (Stade Toulousain)

1. Dany Priso (Stade Rochelais)

2. Rónan Kelleher (Leinster Rugby)

3. Tadhg Furlong (Leinster Rugby)

4. Will Skelton (Stade Rochelais)

5. Ross Molony (Leinster Rugby)

6. Peter O’Mahony (Munster Rugby)

7. Josh van der Flier (Leinster Rugby)

8. Grégory Alldritt (Stade Rochelais)
Maybe they took the photo from POM’s stags into account when awarding the places?