Spectators in RDS ON 11TH June v Dragons?

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

the spoofer
Shane Horgan

Re: Spectators in RDS ON 11TH June v Dragons?

Post by the spoofer »

It was great to be back. The Covid guidelines were considerable but very workable. Staff were incredibly pleasant.

As for the game it was good fun, I had forgotten how hard these lads hit in real life. Doris is different gravy but special mention for Penney too. JGP passing was great but he showed some rust after a long layoff in the tackle area.

It was just lovely to be there and “say goodbye” to Fardy and Bent. Pity there weren’t 18000 there.
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

I really liked how aggressive we were at the lineout. Ryan, Fardy, and Baird all stole ball and that’s something we can still do next season even without Fardy. I know it was a nothing game but against tougher sides it might be worth the gamble of trying to steal more ball even if it means we suffer at times in the maul. Good to see Ryan making a couple of good carries too.

The more I watch the Baird try the better it gets. I can’t picture any other second row in the world doing that and actually I’m not sure there are many other players who could. JGP was brilliant for it as well, the first support line he ran was incredible anticipation of what Baird would do and then then offload was superb.

Doris was pretty phenomenal. Made a couple of errors but his carrying, turnovers, and that try saving tackle were all top class. If he stays injury free I think he’s set for a Heaslip 09/10 season next time.

Keenan also in flying form. Yet again he had great work chalked off because of a knock on in the build up though, so unlucky. Himself and Doris must be next in line for the Lions if there are injuries. Thought Larmour had a really strong game too. He did still overcomplicate things a couple of times but by and large he kept things simple was and very very good. His work rate was huge as well, spent a lot of time in midfield hunting tackles and putting real pressure on the Dragons.

Kelleher, Ryan, Baird, Doris, and Penny all stood out for me in terms of making tackles and then immediately jumping up into another one or hitting a ruck etc. That kind of pressure and aggression is something we really need against the tougher and bodes well that so many can do it.
nc6000
Mullet

Post by nc6000 »

It was great to be back at a match again and a great evening for a match also. I never realized how much the players communicate during a match, I guess you don't hear it when there's a big crowd.

Bit of a downer not being able to easily get a pint beforehand and I though the Gardai standing outside The Bridge watching everything was a bit much.
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

Kelleher's defensive work is absolutely brilliant. He's so powerful in the tackle and uber aggressive.
John23
Enlightened

Post by John23 »

nc6000 wrote:It was great to be back at a match again and a great evening for a match also. I never realized how much the players communicate during a match, I guess you don't hear it when there's a big crowd.

Bit of a downer not being able to easily get a pint beforehand and I though the Gardai standing outside The Bridge watching everything was a bit much.
On the subject of communication, Ross fairly gave the rest of his team mates what for after the concession of the Dragons' try. Could hear him perfectly from the back of South Stand. Potty mouth on him.
“Somedays you're the pigeon, somedays you're the statue.”
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

Mad how Hugo K has just cemented himself as one of the first names on our team sheet this year. He has been so good and really offers an attacking threat from 15. Great athlete too.
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

LeRouxIsPHat wrote: June 12th, 2021, 10:18 am I really liked how aggressive we were at the lineout. Ryan, Fardy, and Baird all stole ball and that’s something we can still do next season even without Fardy. I know it was a nothing game but against tougher sides it might be worth the gamble of trying to steal more ball even if it means we suffer at times in the maul. Good to see Ryan making a couple of good carries too.

Easier when you don't fear their maul or you think they're playing off the top.