Glasgow V Leinster Rainbow Cup Friday 4th June 2015

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Re: Glasgow V Leinster Rainbow Cup Friday 4th June 2015

Post by wixfjord »

Hopefully Ryan gets a summer off and comes back fresh. He's half the player he was.
Dexter
Shane Horgan

Post by Dexter »

Dave Cahill wrote: June 4th, 2021, 10:17 pm If you put all your eggs in one basket, and that basket turns out to have a hole in it, then - either through an act of contortion or perhaps we were balacing the basket on our heads - you end up with egg on your face.
Euro SF and 4th league in a row wasn't too bad though.
Dont Panic!
Blueberry
Mullet

Post by Blueberry »

Utter waste of time.....what an awful advertisement for the game. Stop start, atrocious officiating, endless stupid penalties from both sides, endless niggle and stupid stuff.

Utter shambles.

Role on next season please and a full RDS.
alanair
Mullet

Post by alanair »

Our head was never in this competition .. we showed that in first game … realistically even if we had got 5 poibts tonight it wouldnt have mattered
Blueberry
Mullet

Post by Blueberry »

alanair wrote: June 4th, 2021, 10:21 pm Our head was never in this competition .. we showed that in first game … realistically even if we had got 5 poibts tonight it wouldnt have mattered
Agree we should have just had a 5 game Covid outbreak......and given the lads sometime off......
Dexter
Shane Horgan

Post by Dexter »

Blueberry wrote: June 4th, 2021, 10:21 pm Utter waste of time.....what an awful advertisement for the game. Stop start, atrocious officiating, endless stupid penalties from both sides, endless niggle and stupid stuff.

Utter shambles.

That pretty much sums it up very well. :D
Dont Panic!
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

Dexter wrote: June 4th, 2021, 10:20 pm
Dave Cahill wrote: June 4th, 2021, 10:17 pm If you put all your eggs in one basket, and that basket turns out to have a hole in it, then - either through an act of contortion or perhaps we were balacing the basket on our heads - you end up with egg on your face.
No, agreed, and the record books will show that.

But can you say that - an hour against Exeter aside - Leinster have been at the usual standard we have seen from them and expect from them this year? Regardless of anyone or anything else, do you think Leinster, in and of themselves, had a good year? I don't really think they did.

Now, this season has been a freakshow pretty much from start to finish - we've had a constantly shifting competition structure, postponements, a seemingly endless injury list, all of which has contributed to that. On top of that, considering the strength in depth and level of organisation and budget we have compared to other teams in the Pro1X, all of that is multiplied for them leading to the league being dismally poor this season.
I have Bumbleflex
Ruckedtobits
Rob Kearney

Post by Ruckedtobits »

Very poor discipline and their defence constantly read our mid-field play. One of our poorest second-half performances for a couple of years.

The officiating was on a par with our discipline and performance, but not the cause of it.
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

Blueberry wrote: June 4th, 2021, 10:21 pm Utter waste of time.....what an awful advertisement for the game. Stop start, atrocious officiating, endless stupid penalties from both sides, endless niggle and stupid stuff.

Utter shambles.

And who wants to be watching rugby at 22:15 on a Friday night?
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

LeRouxIsPHat wrote: June 4th, 2021, 10:28 pm

Utter shambles.

Me. And if there was another game on, I'd watch that too. So there.
I have Bumbleflex
Dexter
Shane Horgan

Post by Dexter »

Dave Cahill wrote: June 4th, 2021, 10:28 pm

But can you say that - an hour against Exeter aside - Leinster have been at the usual standard we have seen from them and expect from them this year? Regardless of anyone or anything else, do you think Leinster, in and of themselves, had a good year? I don't really think they did.

Now, this season has been a freakshow pretty much from start to finish - we've had a constantly shifting competition structure, postponements, a seemingly endless injury list, all of which has contributed to that. On top of that, considering the strength in depth and level of organisation and budget we have compared to other teams in the Pro1X, all of that is multiplied for them leading to the league being dismally poor this season.
Yes, I'd totally agree with that. It's obviously been a very weird season, Leinster have had probably the worst injury profile I can remember and didn't have great luck in the HC ko draw. I'm not sure we can judge too much.
What team has really stood out and excelled? I'm not sure.
Dont Panic!
the spoofer
Shane Horgan

Post by the spoofer »

Dave Cahill wrote: June 4th, 2021, 10:29 pm

Utter shambles.

I taped the Bulls game and will watch it now once I’ve calmed down!
the spoofer
Shane Horgan

Post by the spoofer »

The loss of JGP should not be underestimated. He added great zip to our game and our two top 9s really complement each other.
Blueberry
Mullet

Post by Blueberry »

Dave Cahill wrote: June 4th, 2021, 10:28 pm

Disjointed is the one word that springs to mind.......at one level it has been a good season in the record books but I have been uncomfortable watching many of our games this year....almost as if the 'disjointed' word has interfered in much of our play too.

Bottom line is assuming we get back to full stadiums next year and a static comp structure like a normal year we can see where we sit.

Not sure but feel our penalty count has been high (not sure if the stats reflect this) and there has been a level of creeping inaccuracy at times...easily explained by the 'disjointed' word again.

Let's hope for normality next year.

In fairness to all the Covid mess must have had an impact and fair play to all for hacking through all the red tape in this regard.
Blueberry
Mullet

Post by Blueberry »

Dave Cahill wrote: June 4th, 2021, 10:29 pm

Utter shambles.

Are you still in lockdown ?? :mrgreen:
roarlad
Learner

Post by roarlad »

Some bizarre referring, at times with Murphy you'd wonder if its incompetence or malice.

He had no handle on the game at all, let all the niggle grow and develop.

Leinster really didn't get any rub of the green today with his decision making.

• Scrum early engagement, very harsh.
  • Penalised leinster for wheeling a scrum (mid first half)
  • Glasgow wheel's a scrum (late second half), re-set scrum given.
  • Clearly forward pass for their try
  • Several deliberate knock-ons
  • Porter pinged for hands on the deck when he had rights to the ball
  • Glasgow off-side
  • Harsh penalty on Porter for obstructing the try when the tackler wasn't getting anywhere near Keenan
  • Leinster players pinged for not rolling away when trapped (Ed Byrne & Kelleher)
  • Glasgow players not rolling away in multiple rucks.
  • Glasgow lazy runners
I could go on, but it was infuriating.
You don't mind refs who play to the rule, as long as they apply it consistently.
He really does hate Leinster... bizarre.
Blueberry
Mullet

Post by Blueberry »

roarlad wrote: June 4th, 2021, 10:41 pm Some bizarre referring, at times with Murphy you'd wonder if its incompetence or malice.

He had no handle on the game at all, let all the niggle grow and develop.

Leinster really didn't get any rub of the green today with his decision making.

• Scrum early engagement, very harsh.
  • Penalised leinster for wheeling a scrum (mid first half)
  • Glasgow wheel's a scrum (late second half), re-set scrum given.
  • Clearly forward pass for their try
  • Several deliberate knock-ons
  • Porter pinged for hands on the deck when he had rights to the ball
  • Glasgow off-side
  • Harsh penalty on Porter for obstructing the try when the tackler wasn't getting anywhere near Keenan
  • Leinster players pinged for not rolling away when trapped (Ed Byrne & Kelleher)
  • Glasgow players not rolling away in multiple rucks.
  • Glasgow lazy runners
I could go on, but it was infuriating.
You don't mind refs who play to the rule, as long as they apply it consistently.
He really does hate Leinster... bizarre.
From having sat through several games with Frank and Leinster there is a fairly common thread. Game usually degenerates into a scrappy mess and while many of the penalties he pings Leinster for are technically correct he appears to be very one eyed and pays greater attention to marginal Leinster infringements and pays less attention to the opposition. Tonight was pretty typical.

I would love to see his stats for average penalties per game against Leinster v Leinster penalty average across all refs and also his average penalties against teams opposing Leinster v his baseline per team penalty average.

My gut says he penalises Leinster more than our typical game average and teams we play against get penalised less than his all team penalty average. Which would clearly prove my instinctive feel for his bias.

Just a gut feel....

I always shudder when I see he is reffing us......
OTT
Rhys Ruddock

Post by OTT »

Pretty crappy game but we could have won with a bp if Keenan’s try’s were not chalked off but it still would have been a crappy game.

My biggest hope for the Rainbow Cup was that we would get to see Ryan and Ringrose and a few others get a bit of a run of games for Leinster for the first time in a few years and build a bit of momentum in low expectation games, sadly they both have looked shadows of themselves maybe as someone else said they just need a break and not games. They are two world class leaders who we need to see back to their best if we are to go after and be successful in Europe next season.

On this match I’m not going to criticise the ref, it’s the worst job in rugby at the minute and all the new sh!t that’s been brought in to improve the game has made it even harder to ref.

Ryan Wilson is at this stage an anathema of all that is wrong with rugby. Lads in every match get yellow and red cards for mistakes because we are trying to improve player behaviour and he goes around the pitch week in week out and tries to injure lads and he receives less punishment for his actions. I’ve heard him on his podcast and he talks like an absolute w&%ker as well, he’s not hard he’s a cheap shot merchant who is being facilitated by officials. Man of the match, good jaysus. Man I hate him. Meh.
"Horrocks went one way, Taylor the other and I was left holding the bloody hyphen!"

~The Late Great Mick English
Boss_cat2
Beginner

Post by Boss_cat2 »

What was wrong with Ryan-s Man of the match performance? And when and where did he deserve red.
the spoofer
Shane Horgan

Post by the spoofer »

Boss_cat2 wrote: June 4th, 2021, 11:17 pm What was wrong with Ryan-s Man of the match performance? And when and where did he deserve red.
Grabbed a player in a choke hold and swung him. Continued to choke him on the ground.