Moderator: moderators

alanair
Mullet

Re: Glasgow V Leinster Rainbow Cup Friday 4th June 2015

Post by alanair »

Blueberry wrote: June 9th, 2021, 10:31 pm
FLIP wrote: June 9th, 2021, 2:14 pm
Blueberry wrote: June 9th, 2021, 2:10 pm

Perhaps they are thinking about adding in commercial breaks into the game to sell more advertising like American Football.

With Frank 'Staring at me Monitor' Murphy they could easily squeeze in 15-20 ads in a game as he drags it out to near American Football lengths. And here is a message from our sponsors as Frank heads over to the monitor again.......

Frank could be the saviour of the game financially.
I couldn't care less about his love for the monitor. I care more about his obvious bias and incompetence.
They could incorporate that into the TV breaks, text Yes if Frank was right to penalise Leinster yet again and No if Frank was just being biased and incompetent.

At 50c a text this could be another cash cow and the more irate we get as Leinster fans the more money the whole thing will make....

Telling you this has legs...
Poor Frank is misunderstood 😏. I’m not actually sure he is biased , but as a former player he lacks any empathy whatsoever with the players he is refereeing. World Rugby has gone out of its way to try and attract former players to its Refereeing ranks, but unfortunately Frank doesn’t appear to have read the ‘spec’.

Main case in point from this game was his decision to rule out the try because of obstruction by Porter. He does not appear at all to have taken into account that the player that Porter ‘obstructed’ had no chance of making a try saving tackle in any case.
the spoofer
Shane Horgan

Post by the spoofer »

Worse still was the try ruled out for a knock on when the knock on was caused by a Glasgow leg interfering with the ball.
Keith
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Keith »

wixfjord wrote: June 5th, 2021, 12:23 pm
Keith wrote: June 5th, 2021, 11:59 am
Level short of what?
A level short of top Euro and test level I would say.

Which I think is probably a fair reflection of where Ross B is and likely will be.

He's a superb player and give me him over Carbery at 10 any day. But he does lack a little bit of athleticism and a real sharp attacking game.

(I do think he was very good last night btw, this is a wider comment.)
How do you figure he's not up to top euro standard when you see his performances against the likes of Exeter and Montpellier away, Ulster in the QF etc etc. Most clubs in Europe would snap him up in an instance, especially when you see a huge club like Clermont signing Hanrahan.
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

Keith wrote: June 12th, 2021, 2:55 pm
Keith wrote: June 5th, 2021, 11:59 am
Level short of what?

Which I think is probably a fair reflection of where Ross B is and likely will be.

He's a superb player and give me him over Carbery at 10 any day. But he does lack a little bit of athleticism and a real sharp attacking game.

How do you figure he's not up to top euro standard when you see his performances against the likes of Exeter and Montpellier away, Ulster in the QF etc etc. Most clubs in Europe would snap him up in an instance, especially when you see a huge club like Clermont signing Hanrahan.
Euro cup winning level is what I'm referring to.

Clermont haven't won or gotten to a Euro final in years, and their starting 10 is Lopez in any case.
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

Twist wrote: June 8th, 2021, 11:28 am Because Leinster are better than Ealing Trailfinders, I'd assume
Leinster are better than Connacht too but he still moved
Keith
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Keith »

wixfjord wrote: June 12th, 2021, 3:14 pm
Keith wrote: June 12th, 2021, 2:55 pm

Clermont haven't won or gotten to a Euro final in years, and their starting 10 is Lopez in any case.
Byrne is more than good enough to be in a HC winning team, you're being ridiculous. The Clermont thing is just an example. Leinster will be challenging for Europe with Byrne at 10 for years to come, losing to La Rochelle away doesn't change that.
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

Keith wrote: June 13th, 2021, 8:33 pm
Keith wrote: June 12th, 2021, 2:55 pm How do you figure he's not up to top euro standard when you see his performances against the likes of Exeter and Montpellier away, Ulster in the QF etc etc. Most clubs in Europe would snap him up in an instance, especially when you see a huge club like Clermont signing Hanrahan.

Byrne is more than good enough to be in a HC winning team, you're being ridiculous. The Clermont thing is just an example. Leinster will be challenging for Europe with Byrne at 10 for years to come, losing to La Rochelle away doesn't change that.
Look Ross is a great player, but his lack of athleticism and limited enough attacking game means he's not a top Euro level 10 as it stands and is limited at test level.

It's not a sleight on him. But it's the current reality.

That's not remotely ridiculous.

(You do remember how this little thread started right?! With me defending Ross' performance :lol: )
Keith
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Keith »

wixfjord wrote: June 13th, 2021, 9:18 pm

Look Ross is a great player, but his lack of athleticism and limited enough attacking game means he's not a top Euro level 10 as it stands and is limited at test level.

(You do remember how this little thread started right?! With me defending Ross' performance :lol: )
So if putting in performance after performance in the HC (the highest level of European rugby), including just recently away to defending champions doesn't constitute to being a top level euro 10 than I don't know what does...
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

Keith wrote: June 13th, 2021, 10:06 pm

So if putting in performance after performance in the HC (the highest level of European rugby), including just recently away to defending champions doesn't constitute to being a top level euro 10 than I don't know what does...
Depends what you mean by 'top level Euro 10' doesn't it?

You've clearly got a lot of Ross love and seem to be a bit triggered by this! So I think we should leave a two week old thread there!
Keith
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Keith »

wixfjord wrote: June 13th, 2021, 10:09 pm
Keith wrote: June 13th, 2021, 10:06 pm

Depends what you mean by 'top level Euro 10' doesn't it?

You've clearly got a lot of Ross love and seem to be a bit triggered by this! So I think we should leave a two week old thread there!
"Ross love" " triggered" really?? Yes I suppose we should leave it there.
Degz
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Degz »

Anyone who thinks Ross Byrne is one of the top tens in Europe needs their head checking. One good performance in Exeter does not change that.
joooooe
Enlightened

Post by joooooe »

Why is this thread titled "2015"?
cormac
Rob Kearney

Post by cormac »

KO Time
Look out Itchy, he's Irish
the spoofer
Shane Horgan

Post by the spoofer »

Josh Murphy picked up a 2 week ban. He should have flattened him with a dig and earned his ban.
cormac
Rob Kearney

Post by cormac »

So he's banned for the first game of next season too?
Look out Itchy, he's Irish
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

cormac wrote: June 22nd, 2021, 4:10 pm So he's banned for the first game of next season too?
Perhaps, perhaps not - if they can persuade the beak that he would have been a realistic option for the Summer series, he could sit out his ban there - and frankly, I can't believe that he wouldn't be a realistic option for the Summer Series considering the profile of the squad
I have Bumbleflex
Jonny tight lips
Graduate

Post by Jonny tight lips »

Bans are normally weeks? Didn’t Cronin serve a doping ban during lockdown. Guess this makes more sense, hope it’s applied this way going forward.
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

Jonny tight lips wrote: June 22nd, 2021, 8:45 pm Bans are normally weeks? Didn’t Cronin serve a doping ban during lockdown. Guess this makes more sense, hope it’s applied this way going forward.
They've been applying them to game weeks for some years now in the ProX
I have Bumbleflex
Jonny tight lips
Graduate

Post by Jonny tight lips »

Dave Cahill wrote: June 22nd, 2021, 8:48 pm
Jonny tight lips wrote: June 22nd, 2021, 8:45 pm Bans are normally weeks? Didn’t Cronin serve a doping ban during lockdown. Guess this makes more sense, hope it’s applied this way going forward.
They've been applying them to game weeks for some years now in the ProX
Makes more sense in fairness, you’d think Europe would follow suit.
alanair
Mullet

Post by alanair »

Dave Cahill wrote: June 22nd, 2021, 4:39 pm
cormac wrote: June 22nd, 2021, 4:10 pm So he's banned for the first game of next season too?
Perhaps, perhaps not - if they can persuade the beak that he would have been a realistic option for the Summer series, he could sit out his ban there - and frankly, I can't believe that he wouldn't be a realistic option for the Summer Series considering the profile of the squad
Or banned from the first 2 games of the next ‘Rainbow’ cup :lol: :lol: