Glasgow V Leinster Rainbow Cup Friday 4th June 2015

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

Post Reply
User avatar
Serb
Graduate
Posts: 569
Joined: March 27th, 2012, 3:27 pm

Re: Glasgow V Leinster Rainbow Cup Friday 4th June 2015

Post by Serb »

I think Glasgow are just the most disciplined team of all time tbh.
Atlas
Learner
Posts: 85
Joined: August 22nd, 2011, 11:11 am

Re: Glasgow V Leinster Rainbow Cup Friday 4th June 2015

Post by Atlas »

Anyone know the penalty count? It seems to be of the charts
User avatar
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner
Posts: 23236
Joined: January 24th, 2006, 3:32 pm
Location: None of your damn business
Contact:

Re: Glasgow V Leinster Rainbow Cup Friday 4th June 2015

Post by Dave Cahill »

the spoofer wrote: June 4th, 2021, 9:58 pm
Dave Cahill wrote: June 4th, 2021, 9:54 pm God we've been dreadful tonight
Impossible to play with this person reffing.
Was it the ref that pushed andrew porter so that he blocked the glasgow player, or the ref that forced Moloney to long arm the transfer at the lineout? No. The ref's performance - poor and all as it is - is neither here nor there when we're dumber than sand
I have Bumbleflex
alanair
Enlightened
Posts: 841
Joined: February 19th, 2009, 4:54 pm

Re: Glasgow V Leinster Rainbow Cup Friday 4th June 2015

Post by alanair »

the spoofer wrote: June 4th, 2021, 9:58 pm
Dave Cahill wrote: June 4th, 2021, 9:54 pm God we've been dreadful tonight
Impossible to play with this person reffing.
The guy is a joke
User avatar
Serb
Graduate
Posts: 569
Joined: March 27th, 2012, 3:27 pm

Re: Glasgow V Leinster Rainbow Cup Friday 4th June 2015

Post by Serb »

Atlas wrote:Anyone know the penalty count? It seems to be of the charts
16 to 4 by my count.
User avatar
Dexter
Seán Cronin
Posts: 3226
Joined: April 10th, 2010, 11:36 am

Re: Glasgow V Leinster Rainbow Cup Friday 4th June 2015

Post by Dexter »

Dave Cahill wrote: June 4th, 2021, 10:00 pm
the spoofer wrote: June 4th, 2021, 9:58 pm
Dave Cahill wrote: June 4th, 2021, 9:54 pm God we've been dreadful tonight
Impossible to play with this person reffing.
Was it the ref that pushed andrew porter so that he blocked the glasgow player, or the ref that forced Moloney to long arm the transfer at the lineout? No. The ref's performance - poor and all as it is - is neither here nor there when we're dumber than sand
People are frustrated with the woeful officiating. That's the point.
Dont Panic!
User avatar
limecat
Lazy totalitarian
Posts: 5381
Joined: February 17th, 2005, 10:25 pm
Location: a strangely isolated place
Contact:

Re: Glasgow V Leinster Rainbow Cup Friday 4th June 2015

Post by limecat »

Serb wrote: June 4th, 2021, 10:02 pm
Atlas wrote:Anyone know the penalty count? It seems to be of the charts
16 to 4 by my count.
15 - 5 according to ultimate rugby stats
Keep up to date on our facebook page or follow us on twitter.

Image
User avatar
Serb
Graduate
Posts: 569
Joined: March 27th, 2012, 3:27 pm

Re: Glasgow V Leinster Rainbow Cup Friday 4th June 2015

Post by Serb »

Jimmy O’Brien has received the ball three times so far and dropped it every time as far as I can tell.
User avatar
Laighin Break
Mullet
Posts: 1255
Joined: May 3rd, 2012, 9:35 am
Location: Scandinavia

Re: Glasgow V Leinster Rainbow Cup Friday 4th June 2015

Post by Laighin Break »

VdF a real standout from an otherwise abject performance.
R Kelleher and Keenan also put in decent shifts
Last edited by Laighin Break on June 4th, 2021, 10:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.
wixfjord
Shane Jennings
Posts: 6995
Joined: April 13th, 2009, 1:00 pm

Re: Glasgow V Leinster Rainbow Cup Friday 4th June 2015

Post by wixfjord »

This is a really, really poor performance. Lineout gone to shite, forwards struggling and we're constantly playing on back foot.

We've had quite a few of these this season too.

Let's not let a ridiculous reffing performance cloud that.
User avatar
LeRouxIsPHat
Cian Healy
Posts: 13682
Joined: January 22nd, 2009, 7:49 pm

Re: Glasgow V Leinster Rainbow Cup Friday 4th June 2015

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

High tackle to make Ringrose drop that surely??
User avatar
Dexter
Seán Cronin
Posts: 3226
Joined: April 10th, 2010, 11:36 am

Re: Glasgow V Leinster Rainbow Cup Friday 4th June 2015

Post by Dexter »

wixfjord wrote: June 4th, 2021, 10:08 pm This is a really, really poor performance. Lineout gone to shite, forwards struggling and we're constantly playing on back foot.

We've had quite a few of these this season too.

Let's not let a ridiculous reffing performance cloud that.
Totally agree. But.. it shouldn't let the officials off the hook for a totally shambolic performance.
Dont Panic!
User avatar
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner
Posts: 23236
Joined: January 24th, 2006, 3:32 pm
Location: None of your damn business
Contact:

Re: Glasgow V Leinster Rainbow Cup Friday 4th June 2015

Post by Dave Cahill »

LeRouxIsPHat wrote: June 4th, 2021, 10:10 pm High tackle to make Ringrose drop that surely??
Did he drop it or was he trying a gidley? I thought it was the latter - couldn't see it clearly though.
I have Bumbleflex
wixfjord
Shane Jennings
Posts: 6995
Joined: April 13th, 2009, 1:00 pm

Re: Glasgow V Leinster Rainbow Cup Friday 4th June 2015

Post by wixfjord »

Dexter wrote: June 4th, 2021, 10:11 pm
wixfjord wrote: June 4th, 2021, 10:08 pm This is a really, really poor performance. Lineout gone to shite, forwards struggling and we're constantly playing on back foot.

We've had quite a few of these this season too.

Let's not let a ridiculous reffing performance cloud that.
Totally agree. But.. it shouldn't let the officials off the hook for a totally shambolic performance.
Ok, but too often we blame the officials and ignore how poor our own performance is.

As Dave said, Frank didn't cause some of the errors that we've seen again and again this year.
User avatar
cormac
Shane Jennings
Posts: 6197
Joined: May 24th, 2006, 2:05 pm

Re: Glasgow V Leinster Rainbow Cup Friday 4th June 2015

Post by cormac »

It's been a poor end to the season
Look out Itchy, he's Irish
User avatar
LeRouxIsPHat
Cian Healy
Posts: 13682
Joined: January 22nd, 2009, 7:49 pm

Re: Glasgow V Leinster Rainbow Cup Friday 4th June 2015

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

Dave Cahill wrote: June 4th, 2021, 10:12 pm
LeRouxIsPHat wrote: June 4th, 2021, 10:10 pm High tackle to make Ringrose drop that surely??
Did he drop it or was he trying a gidley? I thought it was the latter - couldn't see it clearly though.
Not sure but I thought it was clear he lost control because of the high tackle.
wixfjord
Shane Jennings
Posts: 6995
Joined: April 13th, 2009, 1:00 pm

Re: Glasgow V Leinster Rainbow Cup Friday 4th June 2015

Post by wixfjord »

An opportunity to play a lot of fringe guys next weekend now and see how they go.

That was a really poor performance to end a very mixed season in which we flattered to deceive.
User avatar
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner
Posts: 23236
Joined: January 24th, 2006, 3:32 pm
Location: None of your damn business
Contact:

Re: Glasgow V Leinster Rainbow Cup Friday 4th June 2015

Post by Dave Cahill »

If you put all your eggs in one basket, and that basket turns out to have a hole in it, then - either through an act of contortion or perhaps we were balacing the basket on our heads - you end up with egg on your face.
I have Bumbleflex
User avatar
LeRouxIsPHat
Cian Healy
Posts: 13682
Joined: January 22nd, 2009, 7:49 pm

Re: Glasgow V Leinster Rainbow Cup Friday 4th June 2015

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

Thought Ryan and Doris faded badly in the second half.

Lots of good reasons why we’d be off our game but I really think we let the Glasgow antics get to us and that’s a big frustration, we should be better than that.
User avatar
Dexter
Seán Cronin
Posts: 3226
Joined: April 10th, 2010, 11:36 am

Re: Glasgow V Leinster Rainbow Cup Friday 4th June 2015

Post by Dexter »

wixfjord wrote: June 4th, 2021, 10:13 pm
Dexter wrote: June 4th, 2021, 10:11 pm
wixfjord wrote: June 4th, 2021, 10:08 pm This is a really, really poor performance. Lineout gone to shite, forwards struggling and we're constantly playing on back foot.

We've had quite a few of these this season too.

Let's not let a ridiculous reffing performance cloud that.
Totally agree. But.. it shouldn't let the officials off the hook for a totally shambolic performance.
Ok, but too often we blame the officials and ignore how poor our own performance is.

As Dave said, Frank didn't cause some of the errors that we've seen again and again this year.
They didn't, and Leinster were rubbish and didn't deserve a win, but the officials were even worse. It's a constant problem.
At least its happening now rather than in an important tournament. Few players need a break and some freshness for next season.
Dont Panic!
Post Reply