Leinster Squad 21-22

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

Theleinsterlad
Enlightened

Re: Leinster Squad 21-22

Post by Theleinsterlad »

munster#1 wrote: June 17th, 2022, 11:06 am
wixfjord wrote: June 17th, 2022, 9:49 am It's getting less and less subtle M#1...
You have a very strange lack of trust in people and almost a need to be offended.

There is absolutely nothing negative to say about Leinster going to the market to sign players.
All teams do it, and if a team wants to win, it is the team with the best ability to identify weaknesses in their squad a plug them with quality that will come out on top.

If you think that there is anything to feel wound up about Leinster’s policies, then that is a reflection of you and not me.
Thanks for the funny post M#1, I needed a good laugh this morning. Your trolling techniques are improving…Leinster changing their policy 😂🤣
Oldschoolsocks
Shane Horgan

Post by Oldschoolsocks »

Theleinsterlad wrote: June 18th, 2022, 10:08 am
wixfjord wrote: June 17th, 2022, 9:49 am It's getting less and less subtle M#1...
+1
Indeed…
munster#1
Shane Jennings

Post by munster#1 »

Oldschoolsocks wrote: June 18th, 2022, 6:27 pm
Theleinsterlad wrote: June 18th, 2022, 10:08 am
+1
Indeed…
Is it any wonder that there is so little traffic on this forum.

I posted a very positive post about Leinster and even that is seen as trolling or wumming or any other childish insult that might be directed at me.

Can you please expand on how is perceived as me winding someone up?
Just because a post upsets you, that doesn’t mean that it is wrong. People have different views in all aspects of life, this is a key ingredient to an interesting conversation.
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

paddyor wrote: June 17th, 2022, 11:13 pm
elephantman wrote: June 17th, 2022, 10:28 pm Leinster haven’t had a second playmaker in the backs since Isa retired in 2018 and Isa played on the wing a fair bit where it’s more difficult to act as a second playmaker. I think Isa’s best position was 15 but he was brilliant everywhere and ended his Leinster career at 12.

Carbery played the second playmaker role very well when he played at 15 for Leinster. Obviously he left for Munster in 2018.

Ngatai is a brilliant player and gives Leinster that second playmaker that we have lacked for a few years now. He’s a brilliant signing, a type of player that we really need.

Frawley playing more at 12 gives Leinster that second playmaker but to my eyes Frawley looks the heir apparent to Sexton at 10. Harry Byrne may have something to say about that. It’s going to be interesting to see how that situation develops.
Keenan has been a playmaker.
As has Jimmy O'Brien.

But it's not like Lowe stands out on his wing. He moves in and gets involved, including in decision making situations, not just strike running. Always room for 1 more smart ball player.
Degz
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Degz »

About as subtle as a brick to the face.
TMC
Knowledgeable

Post by TMC »

Read George Kruis is retiring after the Barbarians at the weekend. Only 32, which seems on the young side for a lock. Anyone know why? Always liked him as a player and if he is at a lose end.....
A place kicking second row, not been one of those around since Nobody.
John23
Enlightened

Post by John23 »

TMC wrote:Read George Kruis is retiring after the Barbarians at the weekend. Only 32, which seems on the young side for a lock. Anyone know why? Always liked him as a player and if he is at a lose end.....
A place kicking second row, not been one of those around since Nobody.
Peter Brown Scottish second row in the 70's I think used to do a bit of place kicking.

“Somedays you're the pigeon, somedays you're the statue.”
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

John Eales
backrower8
Mullet

Post by backrower8 »

ronk wrote: June 20th, 2022, 12:35 pmJohn Eales
A.K.A. Nobody

Allan Martin for Wales
Oldschoolsocks
Shane Horgan

Post by Oldschoolsocks »

backrower8 wrote: June 20th, 2022, 1:43 pm
ronk wrote: June 20th, 2022, 12:35 pmJohn Eales
A.K.A. Nobody

Because Nobody’s perfect, I always liked that one
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

I think we should acknowledge Nick McCarthy coming out because it's obviously a big deal for him and I'm sure he'll be acutely aware of the reaction to it so it'd be good to show him some support. Huge respect to him for doing it and it's great to hear that he feels happier in himself now :happy clapper:
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

LeRouxIsPHat wrote: June 20th, 2022, 2:51 pm I think we should acknowledge Nick McCarthy coming out because it's obviously a big deal for him and I'm sure he'll be acutely aware of the reaction to it so it'd be good to show him some support. Huge respect to him for doing it and it's great to hear that he feels happier in himself now :happy clapper:
Absolutely - he has the full support and congratulations of chez Cahill
I have Bumbleflex
cormac
Rob Kearney

Post by cormac »

Look out Itchy, he's Irish
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

LeRouxIsPHat wrote: June 20th, 2022, 2:51 pm I think we should acknowledge Nick McCarthy coming out because it's obviously a big deal for him and I'm sure he'll be acutely aware of the reaction to it so it'd be good to show him some support. Huge respect to him for doing it and it's great to hear that he feels happier in himself now :happy clapper:
+1 :clap: :clap: :clap:
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

It affected me so much that I agonised over my future and contemplated walking away from rugby altogether because I just didn’t think I could come out while playing rugby.
God that must've been awful.

Delighted for Nick that he felt comfortable coming out and that the Leinster environment has been so supportive of him and Jack.

Hopefully it makes things easier for future players and brilliant that it's a 'weight off his shoulders' so to speak.
Leinster Rugby is built on ‘brotherhood’ and it’s important that we can be open and honest with each other. We spend so much time together, and I now feel very comfortable in this environment being myself.
I only made a quick announcement. But I just remember the room erupting! They were all delighted for me and it was immediately a weight off my shoulders.
That is so heartwarming to hear!
Last edited by wixfjord on June 20th, 2022, 3:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Theleinsterlad
Enlightened

Post by Theleinsterlad »

Great to hear it’s a big weight off his shoulders. In fairness the brotherhood that seems to be in the Leinster camp at the moment would have shocked me with any other reaction other than to support one of their own.
Avenger
Seán Cronin

Post by Avenger »

Fair play to him as very few professionals have done so.
Also great to hear how positive a reaction he received and hopefully it won't be such a big deal for future generations.
“The only yardstick for success our society has is being a champion. No one remembers anything else.” - JOHN MADDEN
paddyor
Shane Jennings

Post by paddyor »

NMcC: I suppose because it’s not really ‘a thing’. It’s not common for a male athlete to come out in sport, nevermind professional rugby, and it’s probably something that I didn’t want to believe or accept myself either.
No idea where he'd get an idea like that. Certainly not someone in the Irish media.

Congrats Nick
Ruddock's tackle stats consistently too low for me to be taken seriously as a Six Nations blindside..... Ruddock's defensive stats don't stack up. - All Blacks Nil, Jan 15th, 2014
England A 8 - 14 Ireland A, 25th Jan 2014
Ruddock(c) 19/2 Tackles
Barry
Enlightened

Post by Barry »

Well done Nick, brave man.

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

RoboProp
Shane Horgan

Post by RoboProp »

Fair play Nick, hopefully he'll be a role model for many to come over the years.

We still have a way to go, it's been announced recently that Billy Vunipola is due to travel to Australia with England, sure, he's a great player but I wouldn't want a homophobe representing my national team.