Leinster Rugby announce plans for Rapid Antigen Testing Pilot

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Re: Leinster Rugby announce plans for Rapid Antigen Testing Pilot

Post by Dave Cahill »

D4surfer wrote: April 29th, 2021, 12:13 pm The perfect career in the Civil Service is like a sports league table:

Played: 40 (years’ service)
Won: 0
Lost: 0
Drawn: 40
Scored: 0 (decisions made)
Conceded: 0 (responsible taken)
Points: a promotion on your last day to a grade that you never worked at. A tax free lump sum of 1.5 time the salary for this grade and an index linked pension based on the salary for this grade.
Funny. Utter rubbish, but funny.
I have Bumbleflex
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

D4surfer wrote: April 29th, 2021, 12:13 pm
Dave Cahill wrote: April 29th, 2021, 9:12 am If no one is ever responsible, then there is no risk to avoid - you can't have it both ways lads.

Now, this is just a mad idea, so bear with me and strap yourselves in, could it be, could it be, that the civil service's role is purely to implement the policies and laws developed and enacted by the elected Dail and Government, and we, the voting populace, are actually the risk adverse responsiblity dodgers becaue we're the ones who put them there.

No, that can't be the case, thats entirely untrue, lets dodge that responsib...oh.
The perfect career in the Civil Service is like a sports league table:

Points: a promotion on your last day to a grade that you never worked at. A tax free lump sum of 1.5 time the salary for this grade and an index linked pension based on the salary for this grade.
Non contributary for the most part because at least now they have to pay full PRSI.
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
neiliog93
Shane Horgan

Post by neiliog93 »

Dave Cahill wrote: April 29th, 2021, 12:34 pm
D4surfer wrote: April 29th, 2021, 12:13 pm The perfect career in the Civil Service is like a sports league table:

They don't do promotions like that and even if they did, you need to work at a grade for three years for it to count as your post-retirement pension level. Also, lump sum is 1.5 times the average of your earnings throughout your career, so early career period drags down the final lump sum somewhat. I know I was the one bashing the civil service on here, but it's got to correct bashing! :)
"This is breathless stuff.....it's on again. Contepomi out to Hickie,D'Arcy,Hickie.......................HICKIE FOR THE CORNER! THAT IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Morf
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Morf »

I'll take Yes, Minister/Prime Minister over it any day.
D4surfer
Mullet

Post by D4surfer »

neiliog93 wrote: April 29th, 2021, 8:03 pm

They don't do promotions like that and even if they did, you need to work at a grade for three years for it to count as your post-retirement pension level. Also, lump sum is 1.5 times the average of your earnings throughout your career, so early career period drags down the final lump sum somewhat. I know I was the one bashing the civil service on here, but it's got to correct bashing! :)
For accuracy, what you describe is for those who joined the Civil Service after 1995. I have first hand experience of what I described, that happened in 2011.

Anyway, please can I get to a match in the RDS anytime soon....
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

It' is being indicated that the government isn't going to sign off on any "crowded" games until July.
Back in the "good old days" two combined province teams would occasionally play each other.
Usually it was to celebrate a centenary or some such.
Perhaps a Leinster/Connacht v Munster/Ulster might be something that would be worth considering.
Perhaps, to make it more interesting, a minimum of ten players from each province would have to be included in the 23 player match day squads.
To add a bit of spice perhaps Leo and Andy would select/coach the Munster/Ulster squad with Dan and Johan looking after the L'einster/Connacht combo.
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.