European Cup Semi-Final: Away to La Rochelle, Sunday 2nd of May 3pm

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

domhnallj
Rhys Ruddock

Re: European Cup Semi-Final: Away to La Rochelle

Post by domhnallj »

awaaf wrote:
Dave Cahill wrote: April 11th, 2021, 5:52 pm Jesus lads, munster really are living rent free in your heads.

I think there should be a nomenclature agreement relating to the four primary figures.

If you want to call it ROG's La Rochelle, you must also refer to us as Lancaster's Leinster
If you call it Cullen's Leinster, then you must also refer to Gibbes' La Rochelle.

You can't mix up heads of state and heads of government!
Look they may well be very good points but I think it's quite clear that all the rules of sledging dictate it's Gibbes' La Rochelle from here out.
RTÉ clearly haven’t gotten the memo. ROG’s LAR has been given a good airing on the six one news.
"That was shiterarse coaches need to look at themselves this is as bad at is.beem with school. Items impeovrnkyb neefedc"

Golf Man sums up the mood of a nation
alanair
Mullet

Post by alanair »

domhnallj wrote: April 11th, 2021, 6:40 pm
awaaf wrote:
Dave Cahill wrote: April 11th, 2021, 5:52 pm Jesus lads, munster really are living rent free in your heads.

I think there should be a nomenclature agreement relating to the four primary figures.

If you want to call it ROG's La Rochelle, you must also refer to us as Lancaster's Leinster
If you call it Cullen's Leinster, then you must also refer to Gibbes' La Rochelle.

Look they may well be very good points but I think it's quite clear that all the rules of sledging dictate it's Gibbes' La Rochelle from here out.
RTÉ clearly haven’t gotten the memo. ROG’s LAR has been given a good airing on the six one news.
Cant wait for the Cahill (Hugh) Podcast 🙃
alanair
Mullet

Post by alanair »

That cant be right - who ever heard of a ROG’sday training session 😜
Blueberry
Mullet

Post by Blueberry »

Leinster v Munster again........well if lose we just played ROG and Munster nous and passion won the day, if we win the unreliable French couldn't play with the right levels of Munster nous and passion and let ROG down.
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

This game has absolutely nothing to do with Munster. In fact LAR are about as different a team to Munster as you get.
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

Botia v Henshaw will be a serious match up!

I think one weakness for LAR is West though. There's a bit of JJ Hanrahan about him.
alanair
Mullet

Post by alanair »

wixfjord wrote: April 11th, 2021, 7:44 pm This game has absolutely nothing to do with Munster. In fact LAR are about as different a team to Munster as you get.
For goodness sake stop talking sense ... of course you’re right .... but ..........
Morf
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Morf »

wixfjord wrote: April 11th, 2021, 7:51 pm Botia v Henshaw will be a serious match up!

I think one weakness for LAR is West though. There's a bit of JJ Hanrahan about him.
TKB was looking somewhat flakey in his decision-making and execution at times too. West had moments in Super Rugby but always looked to struggle to manage games.
Blueberry
Mullet

Post by Blueberry »

wixfjord wrote: April 11th, 2021, 7:44 pm This game has absolutely nothing to do with Munster. In fact LAR are about as different a team to Munster as you get.
Ha ha brilliant, try telling the Irish media that 🤣😄😆
RoboProp
Shane Horgan

Post by RoboProp »

Mea culpa.
Last edited by RoboProp on April 11th, 2021, 8:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RoboProp
Shane Horgan

Post by RoboProp »

We've been the doyens of Irish and European rugby for some time now.

I've said it before that lot down the road stopped being our biggest rival circa 2012. Connacht have beaten us with more regularity and have pipped us in a final more recently than Shelbyville. The media love because it suits their narrative of pashun (POM's angry face sold separately) and all that hooey that generates clicks from the casual fan. Give 'em a thought when we play them, but other than they merit little more mulling over than Ulster, Connacht or Glasgow
Last edited by RoboProp on April 11th, 2021, 8:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RoboProp
Shane Horgan

Post by RoboProp »

Double post
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

Blueberry wrote: April 11th, 2021, 8:44 pm
The Irish media?! Aren’t you one of the numerous who are dragging it into this thread already?
fourthirtythree
Leo Cullen

Post by fourthirtythree »

Gibbes is gone a long time. I know sexton, Toner, and Healy are still playing but I wouldn't think he'd have much insight into the Leinster setup these days.
Last edited by fourthirtythree on April 11th, 2021, 9:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

If podcasts annoy people so much, why do people listen to them? I have never listened to a rugby podcast ever, not a single one (yes, including that one). Mostly because I know they'll annoy me, so why put myself through that. (There are ones I know won't annoy me btw but I don't listen to those either because a) I usually have a stack of albums to catch up on and b) I'd be afraid I'd unintentionally lift something from them - blame Stewart Lee)
I have Bumbleflex
RoboProp
Shane Horgan

Post by RoboProp »

Dave Cahill wrote: April 11th, 2021, 9:34 pm If podcasts annoy people so much, why do people listen to them? I have never listened to a rugby podcast ever, not a single one (yes, including that one). Mostly because I know they'll annoy me, so why put myself through that. (There are ones I know won't annoy me btw but I don't listen to those either because a) I usually have a stack of albums to catch up on and b) I'd be afraid I'd unintentionally lift something from them - blame Stewart Lee)

Did you listen to Stewart Lee on Adam Buxton's podcast? It were decent so it were
MylesNaGapoleen
Rhys Ruddock

Post by MylesNaGapoleen »

RoboProp wrote: April 11th, 2021, 9:45 pm
Dave Cahill wrote: April 11th, 2021, 9:34 pm If podcasts annoy people so much, why do people listen to them? I have never listened to a rugby podcast ever, not a single one (yes, including that one). Mostly because I know they'll annoy me, so why put myself through that. (There are ones I know won't annoy me btw but I don't listen to those either because a) I usually have a stack of albums to catch up on and b) I'd be afraid I'd unintentionally lift something from them - blame Stewart Lee)

Did you listen to Stewart Lee on Adam Buxton's podcast? It were decent so it were
lee's podcast is quality.

for rugby...I like any podcast coming from a country that we just beat in the six nations....for example...the rugby pod (english rugby podcast) was excellent after we hammered England in the 6N! Brian moores podcast is way too amicable for any schaudenfreude these days, even when we batter them.
chrismcc
Bookworm

Post by chrismcc »

Some people like to get annoyed listening to contrary opinions. I know I do occasionally as a guilty pleasure :oops: why else would twitter still be on the go I suppose!
Blueberry
Mullet

Post by Blueberry »

wixfjord wrote: April 11th, 2021, 9:06 pm
Blueberry wrote: April 11th, 2021, 8:44 pm
The Irish media?! Aren’t you one of the numerous who are dragging it into this thread already?
Just having a giggle at the nonsense that will be trotted out by Thornley and the mob but hey ho apologies for having a giggle.

Back to the serious business then !!

J10 or Ross , Luke or JGP, Ryan and Baird in the row ?
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

I hope Leinster can out Munster La Rochelle
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!