Graduate

Re: European Cup Semi-Final: Away to La Rochelle, Sunday 2nd of May 3pm

Post by Lock9541 »

Rog will be happy about this
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

Fair play, they're good for the win. We had our kicking game taken away from us.
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan
Dexter
Shane Horgan

Post by Dexter »

I'm never watching rugby again. Stupid sport.
Dont Panic!
Atlas
Bookworm

Post by Atlas »

We've just been beaten up physically and that combined with a poor kicking game have us no platform to work from.
Twist
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Twist »

Simple when you do the right things
Lock9541
Graduate

Post by Lock9541 »

We should get Rog as our head coach
Last edited by Lock9541 on May 2nd, 2021, 4:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Keith
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Keith »

Congrats la Rochelle great team.
Leinsterimp
Bookworm

Post by Leinsterimp »

Toner can’t compete in these high level European games anymore unfortunately, surprised he got a new deal
neiliog93
Shane Horgan

Post by neiliog93 »

It does come down to the same problem that we had with Saracens - bigger, superior athletes. When those kind of guys are well coached, there's very little you can do.
"This is breathless stuff.....it's on again. Contepomi out to Hickie,D'Arcy,Hickie.......................HICKIE FOR THE CORNER! THAT IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

neiliog93 wrote: May 2nd, 2021, 4:53 pm It does come down to the same problem that we had with Saracens - bigger, superior athletes. When those kind of guys are well coached, there's very little you can do.
I actually disagree, today wasn't won by power.

We just didn't fire at all. Too many errors, bad passes and kicks, knock ons and poor clearouts.

Could've easily won that but it was just a really poor performance. None of our big guys fired. Henshaw, Ryan, Kelleher, Ringer all shut down.
bronxbull
Knowledgeable

Post by bronxbull »

Saracens and now La Rochelle have proven to have a level of of physicality that we have struggled with the last few years.
Great result v Exeter where we played perfectly for an hour but we were second best today.
When our pack struggle we are not producing moments of magic in backline to keep us in a game like this against the very best teams.

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

Leinsterimp wrote: May 2nd, 2021, 4:52 pm Toner can’t compete in these high level European games anymore unfortunately, surprised he got a new deal
Are you only allowed to be a Leinster player if you can compete in high level Euro games?

Dev was the least of our worries today. Did his usual shift.

I have to say I'm worried at the prospect of a Ryan/Baird second row as our starting duo against power sides going forward though. Need Jack Dunne to become a real option quiickly.
OTT
Rhys Ruddock

Post by OTT »

Hard luck boys, beaten by a cleverer team today. Looked like we played to their strengths the second half and we looked like the team out on our feet after 60minutes they were deserved winners.

Looking forward to next season chasing another double.
"Horrocks went one way, Taylor the other and I was left holding the bloody hyphen!"

~The Late Great Mick English
Leinsterimp
Bookworm

Post by Leinsterimp »

wixfjord wrote: May 2nd, 2021, 4:57 pm
neiliog93 wrote: May 2nd, 2021, 4:53 pm It does come down to the same problem that we had with Saracens - bigger, superior athletes. When those kind of guys are well coached, there's very little you can do.

We just didn't fire at all. Too many errors, bad passes and kicks, knock ons and poor clearouts.

Could've easily won that but it was just a really poor performance. None of our big guys fired. Henshaw, Ryan, Kelleher, Ringer all shut down.
Thought Kelleher and Ringrose did well, Ryan may have just pushed himself out of Lions selection
joooooe
Enlightened

Post by joooooe »

Uuuugh, that was hard to watch. No arguments. This must be how Munster fans feel after getting beaten by Leinster in the final/semi every year. Reminded me of a lot of Ireland v England games. Bigger, stronger team wins the arm wrestle with one hand and then smashes us in the face with the other.

Congratulations to La Rochelle. Better team today in almost every area. I'll be shouting for them in the final.
Keith
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Keith »

bronxbull wrote: May 2nd, 2021, 4:58 pm Saracens and now La Rochelle have proven to have a level of of physicality that we have struggled with the last few years.
Great result v Exeter where we played perfectly for an hour but we were second best today.
When our pack struggle we are not producing moments of magic in backline to keep us in a game like this against the very best teams.

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk
Our reward for beating Exeter away was to get La Rochelle away. You can't win every game... Just unlucky imo.
Theleinsterlad
Enlightened

Post by Theleinsterlad »

I think you mistaken there, they won the upfront battle in the 1st half and then we tried to go around them and they shut our back line down. We may have won the 1st phase but it then got messy in the 2nd and suddenly we had no support players for the third, very surprised at the display in that sense as normally we are so efficient in that. Think the event got the better of luke as well. Some will use Ross as an excuse again but I don’t think he didn’t much wrong and tackled something mighty. Johnny playing wouldn’t have change that score
Twist
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Twist »

Leinsterimp wrote:

Thought Kelleher and Ringrose did well, Ryan may have just pushed himself out of Lions selection
Good! The fewer Leinster players flogged on that cash-grab the better

Christ, brace yourself for unprecedented levels of Rogtalk in the meeja now
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

The turning point for me was replacing Ruddock with Baird. Baird has many great attributes and will be (and indeed is) a serious player for us. He's not a breakdown guy however - we should have brought Fardy on. Its easy to be wise after the event, after all we were going well at the time, but we conceded so many penalties at the breakdown - which contributed to the 15 points we handed to them from the tee
I have Bumbleflex
Dexter
Shane Horgan

Post by Dexter »

I wouldn't say there's nothing you can do, but what you have to do, you need to do it well. It looked like it wasn't going to be our day after the first 20 mins or so, nothing went right.
Dont Panic!