European Cup Semi-Final: Away to La Rochelle, Sunday 2nd of May 3pm

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

Dexter
Shane Horgan

Re: European Cup Semi-Final: Away to La Rochelle, Sunday 2nd of May 3pm

Post by Dexter »

BlockB wrote: April 30th, 2021, 5:08 pm https://www.independent.ie/sport/rugby/ ... 74749.html

Leinster will have to quarantine for 5 days upon arriving back from France. Will be allowed to train and fulfil Connacht match whilst under quarantine.
* Sigh....
:roll:
Dont Panic!
fourthirtythree
Leo Cullen

Post by fourthirtythree »

riocard911 wrote: April 30th, 2021, 6:10 pm
Jonny tight lips wrote: April 30th, 2021, 6:08 pm Better give Connacht the 5-0 win?
You mad? Send out whoever stayed home and let them get valuable experience, win, lose or draw!
I couldn't bother me arse watching last week's one, let's face it, wont probably this either. Whoever needs games can play.
BlockB
Bookworm

Post by BlockB »

berliner wrote: April 30th, 2021, 5:48 pm What happened to the proposal to introduce an exemption for high-level sports? I thought Donnelly spoke about it after the win against Exeter?
Yeah seems to be more accommodations rather than a full exemption. Can’t imagine it’ll impact us too much as I doubt we’d be playing many of Sunday’s 23 against Connacht regardless of the result.
limecat
Lazy totalitarian

Post by limecat »

Match Preview

Well Munster really, really enjoyed that! Like ... to an almost embarrassing level.

Down to their 4th/5th choices half-backs, Leinster were woefully out-matched in that most crucial area and frankly there would be something seriously wrong with Munster first choice halfbacks if they weren't. Yes the pack and the outside backs named were of a better level and will be disappointed with their performance but if your halfbacks aren't firing, there's only going to be one winner.

Read more...
Keep up to date on our facebook page or follow us on mastodon.
Blueberry
Mullet

Post by Blueberry »

fourthirtythree wrote: April 30th, 2021, 6:31 pm
riocard911 wrote: April 30th, 2021, 6:10 pm
Jonny tight lips wrote: April 30th, 2021, 6:08 pm Better give Connacht the 5-0 win?
You mad? Send out whoever stayed home and let them get valuable experience, win, lose or draw!
I couldn't bother me arse watching last week's one, let's face it, wont probably this either. Whoever needs games can play.
Can't imagine Leo at al will give a monkeys if we have a HEC final to look forward to. Training exercise for some of the young lads and Connacht can jump all over us.
leinsterforever
Mullet

Post by leinsterforever »

A thought occurs to me with this push to pronounce Pasifika names more accurately in Super Rugby; we should probably be pronouncing Levani Botia's surname as if there's an m before the b. I don't think I've heard anyone saying it as 'mBotia', but that's probably the correct way to pronounce it considering Sireli Bobo was 'mBombo' and Koroibete was said his name should be pronounce 'Koroi-mbete'.
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

leinsterforever wrote: May 1st, 2021, 12:28 am A thought occurs to me with this push to pronounce Pasifika names more accurately in Super Rugby; we should probably be pronouncing Levani Botia's surname as if there's an m before the b. I don't think I've heard anyone saying it as 'mBotia', but that's probably the correct way to pronounce it considering Sireli Bobo was 'mBombo' and Koroibete was said his name should be pronounce 'Koroi-mbete'.
You lost me at A.
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

The42 podcast is well worth a listen. Some good analysis and insights from Berch & Murray.

In particular, both seem to think we'll kick more than we have done this season, and possibly try target Rhule/Dulin in the air. Ross Byrne cross kick maybe?

Also a point on our fitness, which Berch seems to think will be an important factor.

One big theme was that this is a bit of a 'changing of the guard' moment.

Healy & Dev are really the only two of the 'old school' that are starting with Sexton out.

Ryan/Ringrose/Luke and Ross charged with leading the team.
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

wixfjord wrote: May 1st, 2021, 10:40 am The42 podcast is well worth a listen. Some good analysis and insights from Berch & Murray.

In particular, both seem to think we'll kick more than we have done this season, and possibly try target Rhule/Dulin in the air. Ross Byrne cross kick maybe?

Also a point on our fitness, which Berch seems to think will be an important factor.

Healy & Dev are really the only two of the 'old school' that are starting with Sexton out.

Interesting point on leadership.
How are LAR fixed in that regard.
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

Oldschool wrote: May 1st, 2021, 10:49 am
wixfjord wrote: May 1st, 2021, 10:40 am The42 podcast is well worth a listen. Some good analysis and insights from Berch & Murray.

Interesting point on leadership.
How are LAR fixed in that regard.
Vito is a multi world cup winner. Dulin, Kerr Barlow and Gourdon would be pretty experienced too. I think Botia has captained Fiji also.
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

Another area I think we'll look to target is their lineout, particularly getting JR up early.

Skelton is obviously not a great lineout option, Sazy is their key man but wouldn't have the spring, and none of their back three would be recognised jumpers imo. In Rhys, Dev and Ryan with the other two coming on we should have an upper hand there.
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

wixfjord wrote: May 1st, 2021, 11:12 am Another area I think we'll look to target is their lineout, particularly getting JR up early.

Skelton is obviously not a great lineout option, Sazy is their key man but wouldn't have the spring, and none of their back three would be recognised jumpers imo. In Rhys, Dev and Ryan with the other two coming on we should have an upper hand there.

He's not a great jumper, but he's one heck of a lifter, however, as you say, it does limit their options
I have Bumbleflex
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

Agree. Great show. Plus Birch's story bout the oyster lunch is priceless!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
domhnallj
Rhys Ruddock

Post by domhnallj »

Not sure about the fitness issue with LaR. From what I remember Skelton went the 80 versus Sale and he was always a solid 50 minute man. Maybe ROG has found his engine or the game was slow but it didn’t seem slow to me.
"That was shiterarse coaches need to look at themselves this is as bad at is.beem with school. Items impeovrnkyb neefedc"

Golf Man sums up the mood of a nation
fourthirtythree
Leo Cullen

domhnallj wrote: May 1st, 2021, 2:05 pm Not sure about the fitness issue with LaR. From what I remember Skelton went the 80 versus Sale and he was always a solid 50 minute man. Maybe ROG has found his engine or the game was slow but it didn’t seem slow to me.
Lost a bit of weight alright.

We still have to move their pack though.
Fan with smartphone
Graduate

Post by Fan with smartphone »

fourthirtythree wrote: May 1st, 2021, 3:14 pm
domhnallj wrote: May 1st, 2021, 2:05 pm Not sure about the fitness issue with LaR. From what I remember Skelton went the 80 versus Sale and he was always a solid 50 minute man. Maybe ROG has found his engine or the game was slow but it didn’t seem slow to me.
Lost a bit of weight alright.

We still have to move their pack though.
Agree here - he’s been playing out of his skin in what I have to warn you is a brilliant team. Botia is the best player Henshaw has faced in a long time and I don’t really see a weakness. They are in better nick than the French teams of old, well coached, with superb players. I think they are a step up from Exeter and It’ll rank up there with what I view as Leinster’s best win, the Clermont one with the last gasp D’Arcy tackle, to beat them.
LeinsterLeader
Seán Cronin

Post by LeinsterLeader »

I believe the Captains Run is going on at the moment......everyone say a prayer :shock:
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

LeinsterLeader wrote: May 1st, 2021, 4:00 pm I believe the Captains Run is going on at the moment......everyone say a prayer :shock:
Save some of those prayers for the pre-match warm up mind you.
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
LeinsterLeader
Seán Cronin

Post by LeinsterLeader »

blockhead wrote: May 1st, 2021, 4:04 pm
LeinsterLeader wrote: May 1st, 2021, 4:00 pm I believe the Captains Run is going on at the moment......everyone say a prayer :shock:
Save some of those prayers for the pre-match warm up mind you.
True ......true!

Should I be putting the child-of-Pray'iig Out in the garden or taken it In? :o
fourthirtythree
Leo Cullen

Leave the child of Pray-gue out: we want a dry day.