European Cup Semi-Final: Away to La Rochelle, Sunday 2nd of May 3pm

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

Degz
Rhys Ruddock

Re: European Cup Semi-Final: Away to La Rochelle, Sunday 2nd of May 3pm

Post by Degz »

Oldschool wrote: April 26th, 2021, 11:48 am
Degz wrote: April 26th, 2021, 10:49 am Currently our biggest rivals are Saracens.
Hopefully just a temporary little arrangement.
They'll be back, that's a guarantee.

Hence desperate to win at least one of the two Cups before they're back involved, put a bit of daylight between us and the upstarts.
Lock9541
Graduate

Post by Lock9541 »

Degz wrote: April 26th, 2021, 12:38 pm
Degz wrote: April 26th, 2021, 10:49 am Currently our biggest rivals are Saracens.

Hence desperate to win at least one of the two Cups before they're back involved, put a bit of daylight between us and the upstarts.
They might not get promoted they’re 3rd in the championship and Ealing Trailfinders are 1st.
Laighin Break
Mullet

Post by Laighin Break »

Lock9541 wrote: April 26th, 2021, 12:47 pm
Degz wrote: April 26th, 2021, 12:38 pm

They might not get promoted they’re 3rd in the championship and Ealing Trailfinders are 1st.
With a game in hand over 1st and 2nd
Lock9541
Graduate

Post by Lock9541 »

They still haven’t won every game so they’re not exactly dominating the league. They lost to Cornish Pirates and even if they win their game in hand with a bonus point they’ll be have the same amount of points as Ealing Trailfinders so it’s tight enough.
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

They'll be operating under a reduced budget too, £5m.
Well, the rest of the teams will.
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
fourthirtythree
Leo Cullen

Post by fourthirtythree »

JB1973 wrote: April 26th, 2021, 11:17 am la Rochelle wingers are flyers not sure Kearney has the speed for them tbh
They will, quite properly, be the neutrals' pick. Backs are easy on the eye, I particularly enjoy watching their Ghanaian winger Rhule who looks fantastic running.
Twist
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Twist »

Degz wrote:Currently our biggest rivals are Saracens.
Who?
Flash Gordon
Leo Cullen

Post by Flash Gordon »

The second tier English team currently sitting below Ealing and Doncaster in the table?
Flash ahhhh ahhh, he'll save every one of us
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

Our biggest rivals are Munster, to suggest anything else is ignorance, delusion, iconoclasm, or sheer stupidity (or a mix of all four). Are they our toughest opponents - probably not for the last 10 years or so, but considering the amount of time that so many people spend combing every form of media for mentions of munster to complain about, they seem to living rent free in peoples heads
I have Bumbleflex
Flash Gordon
Leo Cullen

Post by Flash Gordon »

Dave Cahill wrote: April 26th, 2021, 3:57 pm Our biggest rivals are Munster, to suggest anything else is ignorance, delusion, iconoclasm, or sheer stupidity (or a mix of all four). Are they our toughest opponents - probably not for the last 10 years or so, but considering the amount of time that so many people spend combing every form of media for mentions of munster to complain about, they seem to living rent free in peoples heads
Don't want to be disrespectful to them but we beat Munster pretty much every time we play them and in every meaningful game we play them at. Fairly frequently in recent times, our second string has beaten them. Sure the players want to beat their mates and we want our team to beat our mates' teams but as a club with a primary objective of winning the European Cup, our rivals are Toulouse, Racing, Saracens, ASM, Toulon and maybe Exeter. As you know, Munster haven't been close to winning a European cup since the late 2000's.
Avenger
Seán Cronin

Post by Avenger »

They are local rivals but so are Connacht and Ulster. The games against Munster are no more or less important than the ones against Connacht and Ulster for me. I don't like losing any of them but if ever there was a game against Munster to lose, that was it!
“The only yardstick for success our society has is being a champion. No one remembers anything else.” - JOHN MADDEN
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

Lads who are ye trying to kid like :lol:

There's a rabid infatuation with Munster on this forum! Like we can all say we don't care about Munster, but the relentless slagging and posting about them says otherwise.

The Saracens thread in the Opposition & Other Clubs sub-forum is hardly hopping!
CiaranIrl
Seán Cronin

Post by CiaranIrl »

Lock9541 wrote: April 26th, 2021, 11:04 am
CiaranIrl wrote: April 26th, 2021, 10:59 am
Degz wrote: April 26th, 2021, 9:40 am

Doris won't be in contention now that he still has no gametime, so for this week I don't see him in the equation at all.

Can't see how Sexton makes it, given everything spouted to date. Question now is whether Harry or Frawley are fit to bench.

JGP ain't going to make it either, and I don't think you can risk no backup 9. SO I guess you've gotta pick HOS and hope Luke lasts the 80.

Think I'd now go DK over ROL, and have Larmour as break glass center cover.
I'd start Kearney and have Larmour on the bench personally. In fact, I'd go for a 6/2 split on the bench with Frawley & Larmour covering the backs if Sexton & JGP aren't fit. This game will be all about the forwards. If we can start Ryan, Toner, Ruddock, VDF, Conan and have Fardy, Baird and one of Doris or Penny on the bench, that would be a serious set of loose forwards.
Frawley is injured so is Harry.
Well if Sexton, Frawley and Harry are all injured, then I don't know. The noises from Leo about Frawley were hopeful I thought.
“As you all know first prize is a Cadillac El Dorado. Anyone wanna see second prize? Second prize is a set of steak knives. Third prize is you're fired.”
Flash Gordon
Leo Cullen

Post by Flash Gordon »

wixfjord wrote: April 26th, 2021, 4:28 pm Lads who are ye trying to kid like :lol:

There's a rabid infatuation with Munster on this forum! Like we can all say we don't care about Munster, but the relentless slagging and posting about them says otherwise.

The Saracens thread in the Opposition & Other Clubs sub-forum is hardly hopping!
Could it be that most of us aren't that interested in the English second division? I've never heard of a place called Ampthill and didn't know that there was a university in Hartbury.
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

Flash Gordon wrote: April 26th, 2021, 4:56 pm
wixfjord wrote: April 26th, 2021, 4:28 pm Lads who are ye trying to kid like :lol:

Could it be that most of us aren't that interested in the English second division? I've never heard of a place called Ampthill and didn't know that there was a university in Hartbury.
There was 27 pages in the Exeter thread, one of our greatest ever away wins in a Euro knockout.
There were 23 pages in the Munster thread from the weekend, a meaningless game.

I do find it funny how play down how much they care about and hate Munster while also talking ad nauseum about them.

Anyway, wrong thread to be discussing this.
outcast eddie
Mullet

Post by outcast eddie »

Flash Gordon wrote: April 26th, 2021, 4:56 pm

Pretty sure it's Hartpury near Gloucester. An agricultural/Equine college unless I'm mistaken.
The odds are good but the goods are odd.
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

zactly, we have had Ireland international match threads run less pages than a postponed Munster match. We're a precious lot and their pride and sense of entitlement is perfect fodder for the heightened begrudgery. They are our biggest rivals because of the time we invested in trying to reach the heights they did. Take a look at POM playing in the chocolate teapot cup at the weekend, like a rabid dog he was, that's a rivalry!

Edit: I see Wixford you have pretty much said similar before I posted
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan
desperado
Mullet

Post by desperado »

even talking about talking about Munster generates more posts than lots of topics; and this topic is Away to LAR.
Blue not red blood
Mullet

Post by Blue not red blood »

Am I correct in saying there wasn’t the usual injury update today ?
cormac
Rob Kearney

Post by cormac »

Blue not red blood wrote: April 26th, 2021, 9:02 pm Am I correct in saying there wasn’t the usual injury update today ?
Sunday game this weekend so injury update will be on Tuesday.
Look out Itchy, he's Irish