Rainbow Cup Rd 1: Saturday, 24 April: Leinster v Munster – KO 7.35pm, RDS Arena

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Re: Rainbow Cup Rd 1: Munster @TheRDS

Post by Peg Leg »

hugonaut wrote: April 9th, 2021, 7:29 pm
neiliog93 wrote: April 9th, 2021, 6:48 pm If Leinster get the same dominance as last time but actually convert opportunities, it (will) get ugly. 30-40 points plus.
It won't. We've only scored 30+ points three times in the last twenty fixtures.
But when we score exactly 30... (what a day)
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

Peg Leg wrote: April 9th, 2021, 8:14 pm
neiliog93 wrote: April 9th, 2021, 6:48 pm If Leinster get the same dominance as last time but actually convert opportunities, it (will) get ugly. 30-40 points plus.
Yeah that was some night. I remember the pundits on Setanta all predicting that Munster were going to put us in our place after the Croke Park ambush. In many ways it was more significant than Croker, it confirmed the new status quo. Munster were shellshocked.
Shaggy's intercept! Brilliant.
ROG, kicking the ball out at the end to stop the misery.
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
Xanthippe
Shane Horgan

Post by Xanthippe »

leinsterforever wrote: April 8th, 2021, 5:43 pm
paddyor wrote: April 8th, 2021, 5:31 pm Is there a format for this thing or are they just making it up as they go along. I can see they have fixtures for the first 5/6 rounds then the fixtures are empty.
It's 6 or 7 pool games and then a final between the two conference/pool winners, seemingly.

They’ve changed it again! It’s 6 games now and all teams are in a single table (or log as the South Africans seem to call it) and the top two play off in the final.

After our three inter pros it appears we’ll have one game against a Welsh team, one against a South African team and one against one of the Italian or Scottish teams.
#LiveLifeLoveLeinster

#BeSeenBeHeardBeBlueBELIEVE

I'm a Book Mark and damn proud of it. Storm 1:08 forever
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

Post by mildlyinterested »

Given MHQ comes in for Italy next week...
Theleinsterlad
Enlightened

Post by Theleinsterlad »

Xanthippe wrote: April 9th, 2021, 10:09 pm
paddyor wrote: April 8th, 2021, 5:31 pm Is there a format for this thing or are they just making it up as they go along. I can see they have fixtures for the first 5/6 rounds then the fixtures are empty.
It's 6 or 7 pool games and then a final between the two conference/pool winners, seemingly.

They’ve changed it again! It’s 6 games now and all teams are in a single table (or log as the South Africans seem to call it) and the top two play off in the final.

After our three inter pros it appears we’ll have one game against a Welsh team, one against a South African team and one against one of the Italian or Scottish teams.
Jesus after all this hype we only get to play one SA team
Dexter
Shane Horgan

Post by Dexter »

blockhead wrote: April 9th, 2021, 9:12 pm
Peg Leg wrote: April 9th, 2021, 8:14 pm

Yeah that was some night. I remember the pundits on Setanta all predicting that Munster were going to put us in our place after the Croke Park ambush. In many ways it was more significant than Croker, it confirmed the new status quo. Munster were shellshocked.
Shaggy's intercept! Brilliant.
ROG, kicking the ball out at the end to stop the misery.
And GT and co. were horrified by a crackling atmosphere at the RDS that night. Totally disgraceful by the Leinster fans, was supposed to only happen down south.
Dont Panic!
Xanthippe
Shane Horgan

Post by Xanthippe »

Theleinsterlad wrote: April 9th, 2021, 11:58 pm
Xanthippe wrote: April 9th, 2021, 10:09 pm

Jesus after all this hype we only get to play one SA team
I know - it’s absolutely ridiculous. I assume each South African team will play:

One of
  • Leinster
  • Ulster
  • Munster
  • Connacht
plus one of
  • Scarlets
  • Ospreys
  • Cardiff
  • Glasgow
and one of
  • Dragons
  • Edinburgh
  • Zebre
  • Benetton
#LiveLifeLoveLeinster

#BeSeenBeHeardBeBlueBELIEVE

I'm a Book Mark and damn proud of it. Storm 1:08 forever
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

Very interesting to see what side we go with for this. Two weeks break and then a week to the semi. We should be using this to give guys a hit out who need it.

I'd hope with some important guys like Ryan, Doris, Ringer, JGP etc coming back to see something like:

Byrne, Kelleher, Porter, Baird, Ryan, Murphy, Penny, Doris, JGP, Ross, DK, Frawley, Ringer, Larmour, Keenan
Tracy, Healy, Furlong, Toner, Rhys, Luke, Sexton, Lowe
Blue Man
Enlightened

Post by Blue Man »

wixfjord wrote: April 10th, 2021, 11:59 pm Very interesting to see what side we go with for this. Two weeks break and then a week to the semi. We should be using this to give guys a hit out who need it.

I'd hope with some important guys like Ryan, Doris, Ringer, JGP etc coming back to see something like:

Byrne, Kelleher, Porter, Baird, Ryan, Murphy, Penny, Doris, JGP, Ross, DK, Frawley, Ringer, Larmour, Keenan
Tracy, Healy, Furlong, Toner, Rhys, Luke, Sexton, Lowe
I would go with the strongest possible side, it’s important that our semifinal team gets a proper outing so that we don’t go in to it undercooked and ship 14 points in the first eight minutes
D4surfer
Mullet

Post by D4surfer »

https://rugby365.com/countries/south-af ... -in-doubt/

FFS it might not go ahead. What a shambles.
Theleinsterlad
Enlightened

Post by Theleinsterlad »

Why don’t they change their base?
FLIP
Seán Cronin

Post by FLIP »

Probably click bait nonsense. There is no English government, any Visa would apply to Wales and Scotland and NI as well as England. If there was such an issue, it wouldn't be with the training base, but the competition as a whole.
Anyone But New Zealand
Blue Man
Enlightened

Post by Blue Man »

Seems credible and not entirely unexpected. Never thought I’d say this but beating Munster every week is getting boring and I was really looking forward to playing the Saffa teams. Fingers crossed for September Pro16 but in the interim, this Pro1X season has been a shambles.
FLIP
Seán Cronin

Post by FLIP »

Blue Man wrote: April 11th, 2021, 10:35 am Seems credible and not entirely unexpected. Never thought I’d say this but beating Munster every week is getting boring and I was really looking forward to playing the Saffa teams. Fingers crossed for September Pro16 but in the interim, this Pro1X season has been a shambles.
How is it at all credible? There is no situation in which they would have visas for Scotland, Wales and NI but not England. UK Visas are for the UK, not the countries/principality beneath that larger banner.
Anyone But New Zealand
domhnallj
Rhys Ruddock

Post by domhnallj »

It’s not about visas for the different countries. The piece says they were told not to apply for a visa. The issue is presumably on the basis that health is devolved and having a base in England and moving between jurisdictions is the problem.
"That was shiterarse coaches need to look at themselves this is as bad at is.beem with school. Items impeovrnkyb neefedc"

Golf Man sums up the mood of a nation
FLIP
Seán Cronin

Post by FLIP »

domhnallj wrote: April 11th, 2021, 10:46 am It’s not about visas for the different countries. The piece says they were told not to apply for a visa. The issue is presumably on the basis that health is devolved and having a base in England and moving between jurisdictions is the problem.
There's no issues for other professional sports teams doing the same. This isn't being reported elsewhere either.
Anyone But New Zealand
domhnallj
Rhys Ruddock

Post by domhnallj »

FLIP wrote:
domhnallj wrote: April 11th, 2021, 10:46 am It’s not about visas for the different countries. The piece says they were told not to apply for a visa. The issue is presumably on the basis that health is devolved and having a base in England and moving between jurisdictions is the problem.
There's no issues for other professional sports teams doing the same. This isn't being reported elsewhere either.
I agree. It sounds and reads like horseshit to me.
"That was shiterarse coaches need to look at themselves this is as bad at is.beem with school. Items impeovrnkyb neefedc"

Golf Man sums up the mood of a nation
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

I would assume if it doesn't go ahead there'll be a provincial competition anyway.
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

The story is elsewhere now alright, Murray K has it.

How could anyone have predicted this?
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

Not overly exercised about the Rainbow Cup, but the Heineken is a problem, and there is a potential solution - one used by the Champions League, a third country venue.
I have Bumbleflex