Rainbow Cup Rd 1: Saturday, 24 April: Leinster v Munster – KO 7.35pm, RDS Arena

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Re: Rainbow Cup Rd 1: Saturday, 24 April: Leinster v Munster – KO 7.35pm, RDS Arena

Post by wixfjord »

Jordan’s first two touches were to catch a ball and carry it out, then throw a mad offload to DK that resulted in a turnover.

He can be a frustrating Zebo clone at times imo. Not a full back.
Lock9541
Graduate

Re: Rainbow Cup Rd 1: Saturday, 24 April: Leinster v Munster – KO 7.35pm, RDS Arena

Post by Lock9541 »

Not usual that you see an outhalf making the most tackles
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

Lock9541 wrote: April 25th, 2021, 11:56 am Not usual that you see an outhalf making the most tackles
Relatively rare. You only see it when teams target the outhalf way above normal levels
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

ronk wrote: April 25th, 2021, 12:07 pm
Lock9541 wrote: April 25th, 2021, 11:56 am Not usual that you see an outhalf making the most tackles
Relatively rare. You only see it when teams target the outhalf way above normal levels
There were a couple of games against France where it happened as France were convinced for a period that Sexton had a glass jaw. Its rare enough though alright. It's not surprising though - you see a team bring on their eleventy fifth choice outhalf you are going to send lots of big units barrelling down his channel
I have Bumbleflex
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

wixfjord wrote: April 25th, 2021, 11:50 am Jordan’s first two touches were to catch a ball and carry it out, then throw a mad offload to DK that resulted in a turnover.

Any chance we could move him to 21 as replacement scrumhalf for the La Rochelle match? He's got far more physicality and big match experience than HO'S, plus playing behind the pack means he actually has to pass the ball. Larmour can actually pass and that very well! Who knew?
munster#1
Shane Jennings

Post by munster#1 »

Lock9541 wrote: April 25th, 2021, 11:32 am Most Metres made- Larmour 52
Most carries- Larmour 15
Most tackles- Hawkshaw and Porter 12
Mad how stats can different to perception.
I would have put my house on it that DDA would have gained the most meters.
His break for the first try must have been about 40 meters on its own.
Just because a post upsets you, that doesn’t mean that it is wrong. People have different views in all aspects of life, this is a key ingredient to an interesting conversation.
Lock9541
Graduate

Post by Lock9541 »

munster#1 wrote: April 25th, 2021, 1:01 pm
Lock9541 wrote: April 25th, 2021, 11:32 am Most Metres made- Larmour 52
Most carries- Larmour 15
Most tackles- Hawkshaw and Porter 12
Mad how stats can different to perception.
I would have put my house on it that DDA would have gained the most meters.
His break for the first try must have been about 40 meters on its own.
I was talking about the Leinster players only.
DAMIAN DE ALLENDE
M: 57 C: 9 P: 13 T: 14 TO: 2
backrower8
Mullet

Post by backrower8 »

wixfjord wrote: April 25th, 2021, 10:39 am I think last night was a good example of why Nick McCarthy is a shrewd re-signing.

Not that he would’ve made much difference, but his experience and speed would’ve made our job a little easier.

It’s also an example of why having a big 12 available (like COB or Tomane) is useful at league level. Our backline struggled physically last night.
Massive understatement. Nothing shrewd about it. Given the massive drop to the next level of 9s in the squad it was essential to re-sign a player that was made and played in Leinster until 2 years ago.

Just too late for this year given the lack of any depth and injury to JGP. The situation at 10 isn’t any better.

Looking at LAR and Toulouse winning while playing together almost week-on-week is very worrying given our lack of cohesion. Last night’s team was a scratch side. Next week’s team won’t have played in 3 weeks. It’s all uphill from here on in.
Icarus
Knowledgeable

Post by Icarus »

Let's take a broader view of matters:
Yet another Munster defeat → a seismic shock to Munster morale → camel's back broken → slow but irreversible decline → greater pressure on Leinster to prop up the Irish team → more crucial injuries to vital Leinster players...
joooooe
Enlightened

Post by joooooe »

riocard911 wrote: April 25th, 2021, 12:35 pm
wixfjord wrote: April 25th, 2021, 11:50 am Jordan’s first two touches were to catch a ball and carry it out, then throw a mad offload to DK that resulted in a turnover.

Any chance we could move him to 21 as replacement scrumhalf for the La Rochelle match? He's got far more physicality and big match experience than HO'S, plus playing behind the pack means he actually has to pass the ball. Larmour can actually pass and that very well! Who knew?
It sounds barmy, until you consider that our replacement scrumhalf in the 2009 final was Simon Keogh, a winger.
Lock9541
Graduate

Post by Lock9541 »

joooooe wrote: April 25th, 2021, 9:03 pm

It sounds barmy, until you consider that our replacement scrumhalf in the 2009 final was Simon Keogh, a winger.
Back then he was the only Michael’s player to ever play for Leinster
backrower8
Mullet

Post by backrower8 »

Lock9541 wrote: April 25th, 2021, 9:16 pm

This comment may be pure bait, but that is incorrect. Derek McGrath, Luke’s Uncle; Lansdowne 2nd row John Collins; Paddy Gavin - Old Belvo Winger; Stephen Rooney - Lansdowne wing forward are all players I can think of off the top of my head.

Then there were other players that spent more time in St Michael’s before moving to Blackrock because Michael’s first leaving certificate year was 1976. People like Job Langbroek and Darragh Coakley.
backrower8
Mullet

Post by backrower8 »

Lock9541 wrote: April 25th, 2021, 9:16 pm

This comment may be pure bait, but that is incorrect. Derek McGrath, Luke’s Uncle; Lansdowne 2nd row John Collins; Paddy Gavin - Old Belvo Winger; Stephen Rooney - Lansdowne wing forward are all players I can think of off the top of my head.

Then there were other players that spent more time in St Michael’s before moving to Blackrock because Michael’s first leaving certificate year was 1976. People like Job Langbroek and Darragh Coakley.
TrapperChamonix
Mullet

Post by TrapperChamonix »

Game was lost by no's 1 to 8. Not sure why everyone is scapegoating a 9 and 10 neither of whom have started a game for Leinster and one of whom is just back from an ankle procedure.

Reap what you sow............ If you start all but 1 of your games with either McGrath or Gibson Park don't be surprised when you drop a player in for his 1st start he hasn't the required level of experience.
Never argue with an idiot. Someone looking on may not be able tell the difference
JB1973
Rhys Ruddock

Post by JB1973 »

have to say munster lucky not to have a red and then a yellow on Saturday

given the respective teams on show the result not a shock

I know he had poor ball but your 9 was a real weak link all game

anyhow the big game is this weekend so no real harm done
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

Icarus wrote: April 25th, 2021, 1:55 pm Let's take a broader view of matters:
Yet another Munster defeat → a seismic shock to Munster morale → camel's back broken → slow but irreversible decline → greater pressure on Leinster to prop up the Irish team → more crucial injuries to vital Leinster players...
Sailing a bit close to the sun with those comments? :wink:
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

JB1973 wrote: April 26th, 2021, 11:14 am have to say munster lucky not to have a red and then a yellow on Saturday

given the respective teams on show the result not a shock

I know he had poor ball but your 9 was a real weak link all game

anyhow the big game is this weekend so no real harm done
Eh, Harry out with an hammer prob after 5 minutes and more than likely unavailable to bench at 22 vs La Rochelle. Doesn't quite come under the category of "no real harm done" in my book.....
Logorrhea
Shane Horgan

Post by Logorrhea »

riocard911 wrote: April 26th, 2021, 12:15 pm Eh, Harry out with an hammer prob after 5 minutes and more than likely unavailable to bench at 22 vs La Rochelle. Doesn't quite come under the category of "no real harm done" in my book.....
Hardly a dramatic loss though. Sexton could well be fit, Frawley may well be fit, and if necessary Hawkshaw could offer cover.
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

Post by mildlyinterested »

Logorrhea wrote: April 26th, 2021, 1:40 pm
riocard911 wrote: April 26th, 2021, 12:15 pm Eh, Harry out with an hammer prob after 5 minutes and more than likely unavailable to bench at 22 vs La Rochelle. Doesn't quite come under the category of "no real harm done" in my book.....
Hardly a dramatic loss though. Sexton could well be fit, Frawley may well be fit, and if necessary Hawkshaw could offer cover.
if our bench 9 and 10 are HOS and Hawkshaw this weekend..
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

TrapperChamonix wrote: April 26th, 2021, 10:04 am Game was lost by no's 1 to 8. Not sure why everyone is scapegoating a 9 and 10 neither of whom have started a game for Leinster and one of whom is just back from an ankle procedure.

Reap what you sow............ If you start all but 1 of your games with either McGrath or Gibson Park don't be surprised when you drop a player in for his 1st start he hasn't the required level of experience.
Yeah I think that's fair. Tricky situation to manage but ultimately HOS should have got more game time in case he was needed in a big game. I can't say I would have been complaining much about past selections but in hindsight we should have played him more.