Rainbow Cup Rd 1: Saturday, 24 April: Leinster v Munster – KO 7.35pm, RDS Arena

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

joooooe
Enlightened

Re: Rainbow Cup Rd 1: Saturday, 24 April: Leinster v Munster – KO 7.35pm, RDS Arena

Post by joooooe »

Munster have been accused in the past of bringing a knife to a gun fight. They finally brought their gun tonight, but it was a spoon fight.
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Re: Rainbow Cup Rd 1: Saturday, 24 April: Leinster v Munster – KO 7.35pm, RDS Arena

Post by wixfjord »

yellabelly1961 wrote: April 24th, 2021, 9:27 pm Totally pointless game
It shouldn't have been for our guys though.

Loads of lads there who should've been well up for it and trying to stake a claim for next week.
alanair
Mullet

Post by alanair »

Serb wrote: April 24th, 2021, 9:28 pm Not a good performance, must be hard to get up for a game like this. If Munster score any more points here it’ll be a record win for them.
Really don’t care about the score ... it’s meaningless anyway
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

I don't want to see Larmour at 15 for a good while.

He's way too frantic and selfish imo.
cormac
Rob Kearney

Post by cormac »

Reminds me of the performance away to Connacht 3 years ago when they pumped us and Muldoon took the final conversion.
Look out Itchy, he's Irish
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

Well that was very poor.

It wasn't a meaningless game, it was a game in our domestic cup competition and it was an interpro against a provincial rival, and in that regard our performance was very disappointing. The result is one thing, but for so many supposedly promising players to phone one in is very poor
I have Bumbleflex
alanair
Mullet

Post by alanair »

Glad that sh1te is over.... and I can’t believe Munster didn’t get BP 😀...now to next week , the real game
Keith
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Keith »

Serb wrote: April 24th, 2021, 9:28 pm Not a good performance, must be hard to get up for a game like this. If Munster score any more points here it’ll be a record win for them.
If you can't get up for a derby when you play with Leinster (especially as a squad player!), you may start looking for other clubs. I don't think that was the issue though.
Last edited by Keith on April 24th, 2021, 9:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
blaker
Enlightened

Post by blaker »

A very clear case of one team caring WAY more than the other.
Combine that with the differences in selection and especially our atrocious halfbacks then that was inevitable.
Happy to discuss whether some of our guys should have cared more this is a nothing game for us.
Annoying but a Pyrrhic victory for the Bridesmaids
Leinster jersey on the Great Wall of China.The Mongolians couldn't breach it but the Blues did!
Lock9541
Graduate

Post by Lock9541 »

alanair wrote: April 24th, 2021, 9:30 pm The only good thing about tonight is that Ringer & JR got a run out seemingly injury free - apart from JR’s ‘nads of course
And the young lads getting experience
Theleinsterlad
Enlightened

Post by Theleinsterlad »

I hate every comment in this forum tonight that this game is pointless. Leinster v Munster no matter when it is is a grudge match and while the guys tonight were well off it they did show some passion. We’ve lost better team won but it hurts like hell for me tonight. I hate POM that’s how it feels for me. I want us to pound them in the dirt when we play them next
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

blaker wrote: April 24th, 2021, 9:38 pm A very clear case of one team caring WAY more than the other.
Combine that with the differences in selection and especially our atrocious halfbacks then that was inevitable.
Happy to discuss whether some of our guys should have cared more this is a nothing game for us.
No, it was an actual victory.
I have Bumbleflex
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

That was poor. Hopefully none of the lack of aggression seeps into next week.

We never really looked like getting into that game.

Nick McCarthy will be a big step up as a third choice 9 next year.

Hawkshaw at 10 is a bit of worry. He's not hugely athletic and doesn't look like he can control a game at all.
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

Post by mildlyinterested »

Dave Cahill wrote: April 24th, 2021, 9:37 pm Well that was very poor.

It wasn't a meaningless game, it was a game in our domestic cup competition and it was an interpro against a provincial rival, and in that regard our performance was very disappointing. The result is one thing, but for so many supposedly promising players to phone one in is very poor
who phoned it in?
elephantman
Knowledgeable

Post by elephantman »

Got some minutes into Ryan and Ringrose.

Injuries to Harry Byrne and Frawley which could be significant if Sexton doesn’t make next week.

Doris is a concern. Hopefully his withdrawal was precautionary.

We lost to Ospreys before we beat Exeter. Hopefully we do the same against La Rochelle next weekend.
blaker
Enlightened

Post by blaker »

Dave Cahill wrote: April 24th, 2021, 9:39 pm
blaker wrote: April 24th, 2021, 9:38 pm A very clear case of one team caring WAY more than the other.
No, it was an actual victory.
Sure yeah. Cool.

I’d have preferred to win but anybody suggesting this was the be all and end all is performing.

On or with the La Rochelle game? The Munster game a few weeks back?

I’m annoyed we lost but I’m also kind of tickled by how wound up Munster were for a quasi exhibition warm up game
Leinster jersey on the Great Wall of China.The Mongolians couldn't breach it but the Blues did!
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

Lads, we've just lost 27-3 at home to our biggest rival.

Like that's not 'meaningless' or 'phyrric'.

Sure it's a second string, sure it's a game Munster needed to win far, far more than us. Sure we have a 3rd/4th choice at halfback. Sure we had late withdrawals and three academy players benching.

But that doesn't excuse the quality of that performance. Not good enough and Leo/Stu will rightly be giving them a kick in the hole on Monday.

Hopefully this will sharpen a few minds before next weekend.
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

mildlyinterested wrote: April 24th, 2021, 9:43 pm

who phoned it in?
Our backrow did anyway.
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

Fair play. We were never in with a shot, Munster were all over us. Did we even get anywhere near their try line?
DDA had a good game but I felt sorry for HOS, nothing to work with. Hope for good news on the injury front.
BTW Archer is a dirty little.....has a history dosent he.
Cant wait for the Play.
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

mildlyinterested wrote: April 24th, 2021, 9:43 pm

who phoned it in?
Our back 5 for a start - wiped out at the breakdown (15 turnovers conceded), and monstered at the maul. Penny was just about acceptable maybe I guess perhaps.
I have Bumbleflex