Rainbow Cup Rd 1: Saturday, 24 April: Leinster v Munster – KO 7.35pm, RDS Arena

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

Laighin Break
Mullet

Re: Rainbow Cup Rd 1: Saturday, 24 April: Leinster v Munster – KO 7.35pm, RDS Arena

Post by Laighin Break »

CiaranIrl wrote: April 24th, 2021, 8:05 pm I missed the first few minutes, what kind of injury did Harry ship? Was it bad?
He tackled Murray as he was going over for Munster's try, who landed on top of him. Went off after that
Last edited by Laighin Break on April 25th, 2021, 8:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Keith
Rhys Ruddock

Re: Rainbow Cup Rd 1: Saturday, 24 April: Leinster v Munster – KO 7.35pm, RDS Arena

Post by Keith »

Really thought we weren't going to get a slug fest given the nice weather. I guess the injuries haven't helped in that regard though.
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

Considering the team we have out and how poorly many of them have played, 3-10 at half time is not too bad
I have Bumbleflex
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

Hopefully we at least sort the ruck out at HT. Could probably do with a bit of Scott Fardy 'nous'.

Not sure we can win this with that halfback partnership, but would be nice to at least see a little continuity.

Too many errors.
Lock9541
Graduate

Post by Lock9541 »

Dave Cahill wrote: April 24th, 2021, 8:29 pm Considering the team we have out and how poorly many of them have played, 3-10 at half time is not too bad
Pretty decent considering it’s Munster’s strongest possible team
Fan with smartphone
Graduate

Post by Fan with smartphone »

God I wouldn’t fancy refereeing this.
Gerard Jones
Beginner

Post by Gerard Jones »

Hawkshaw needs to hand that tee over to Garry Ringrose if we want to win this game
Gerard Jones
Beginner

Post by Gerard Jones »

Hawkshaw needs to hand that tee over to Garry Ringrose if we want to win this game

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

Fan with smartphone wrote: April 24th, 2021, 8:31 pm God I wouldn’t fancy refereeing this.
I'd fancy you to do a better job than Chris has done so far though!

Absolute free for all at times.
neiliog93
Shane Horgan

Post by neiliog93 »

Only viable strategy from a Leinster perspective is kicking a lot. The lack of forward dominance, rucks being a mess, Munster being offside and especially the makeshift half-backs make carrying out an effective running game impossible.
"This is breathless stuff.....it's on again. Contepomi out to Hickie,D'Arcy,Hickie.......................HICKIE FOR THE CORNER! THAT IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

Dave Cahill wrote: April 24th, 2021, 8:29 pm Considering the team we have out and how poorly many of them have played, 3-10 at half time is not too bad
+1
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

I do feel sorry for HOS.

He has made quite a few errors but clearly Munster are targeting the breakdown to make his life very difficult too.

We look very dithery at 9/10 which is causing our 12-15 to have no space at all.

Need the pack to control things a bit more, but again with 2/3 of our backrow playing out of position it's a tough ask.
alanair
Mullet

Post by alanair »

wixfjord wrote: April 24th, 2021, 8:33 pm
Fan with smartphone wrote: April 24th, 2021, 8:31 pm God I wouldn’t fancy refereeing this.
I'd fancy you to do a better job than Chris has done so far though!

Absolute free for all at times.
I agree... the amount of handling on the ground in the breakdown ( by both sides but particularly them) is a complete joke
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

Dan Sheahan has been good. Solid in tackle, made a few nice runs and lineout is going well bar one.
cormac
Rob Kearney

Post by cormac »

Ryan calling Archer a fat c**t was probably our highlight of the first half.
Look out Itchy, he's Irish
Theleinsterlad
Enlightened

Post by Theleinsterlad »

wixfjord wrote: April 24th, 2021, 8:35 pm I do feel sorry for HOS.

He has made quite a few errors but clearly Munster are targeting the breakdown to make his life very difficult too.

We look very dithery at 9/10 which is causing our 12-15 to have no space at all.

Need the pack to control things a bit more, but again with 2/3 of our backrow playing out of position it's a tough ask.
Scott will be coming on I would say sooner than later to try and sort that out for us to give HOS a bit of a better platfrom, but he also needs to pass the baller quicker stopping taking 2-3 steps before he does, that’s desert for backrow players
cormac
Rob Kearney

Post by cormac »

Also, Ringer needs to be fined every time he tries to kick the ball in open play.
Look out Itchy, he's Irish
alanair
Mullet

Post by alanair »

cormac wrote: April 24th, 2021, 8:36 pm Ryan calling Archer a fat c**t was probably our highlight of the first half.
And so accurate too :D
CiaranIrl
Seán Cronin

Post by CiaranIrl »

This is the kind of game where you need a Fardy on. They're putting serious pressure on the ruck, and it's not making O'Sullivan's life easier. He needs protecting.
“As you all know first prize is a Cadillac El Dorado. Anyone wanna see second prize? Second prize is a set of steak knives. Third prize is you're fired.”
Ruckedtobits
Rob Kearney

Post by Ruckedtobits »

We've turned off the most biased commentary I've ever heard between two Irish Provinces. Munster are playing like a pre-1995 South African Province with a "home referee" supported by a "home" TMO. The illegality of several Munster players is extraordinary and the game is being referred by 1980 laws.

Leinster has a search team out, I.e. they have not played together before and I've no doubt we will improve marketed as the game progresses. The main thing is not to lose anybody to a Red Card, despite the outrageous provocation.

Munster are totally limited and are trying to "bully" their way to a win. That won't work, even against this Leinster shadow team.