Champions Cup 1/4 Final: Exeter V Leinster

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

Ruckedtobits
Rob Kearney

Re: Champions Cup 1/4 Final: Exeter V Leinster

Post by Ruckedtobits »

OTT wrote: April 11th, 2021, 10:46 am Reynal is a funny fish, he was super hot on infringing when forming a maul off a lineout drive during the 6 nations, I think he did us twice in try scoring positions once against Italy and against England, he also did England for it in the same game. Yesterday the Exeter try at the start of the second half was as clear a signature Reynal hotspot when Francis lead the formation of their maul despite being ahead of the man with the ball and he does nothing, like it was as clear as day even watching it live.
Anyway it didn’t effect the result but he’s really inconsistent in what he likes or doesn’t like, it must be tough to play a ref like that.
Totally agree. It was a nailed on infringement by Francis, particularly viewed from position of AR but Reynal never moved into position to show Francis infringing and then pulling / throwing Fardy out of the maul.
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

ronk wrote: April 11th, 2021, 11:54 am Watching Kelleher feels a little bit like watching a player in fast forward.
Will Gatland be interested? you'd wonder.
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
Ruckedtobits
Rob Kearney

Post by Ruckedtobits »

OTT wrote: April 11th, 2021, 10:46 am Reynal is a funny fish, he was super hot on infringing when forming a maul off a lineout drive during the 6 nations, I think he did us twice in try scoring positions once against Italy and against England, he also did England for it in the same game. Yesterday the Exeter try at the start of the second half was as clear a signature Reynal hotspot when Francis lead the formation of their maul despite being ahead of the man with the ball and he does nothing, like it was as clear as day even watching it live.
Anyway it didn’t effect the result but he’s really inconsistent in what he likes or doesn’t like, it must be tough to play a ref like that.
Totally agree. It was a nailed on infringement by Francis, particularly viewed from position of AR but Reynal never moved into position to show Francis infringing and then pulling / throwing Fardy out of the maul.
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

Looking at Maunder yesterday and Racing today, I wonder why we don't use the caterpillar ruck technique to give Luke more space to box kick?

It looks horrendous, but if it's a law that exists we might as well take advantage of it.

Big Dev would be able to give him 2 metres of space alone!
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

I take Hugonaut's point about not playing Toulon perhaps contributing to our very poor start. However, having watched the game a second time, our energy levels seemed higher than theirs in the second half. That defensive set around the 68th minute, when they made as far as our tryline but just couldn't get across, was huge, perhaps even decisive. It's possible, due to them playing Lyon and us having last weekend off, that our lads had more in the tank. We certainly finished way stronger and it wasn't just the impact, the lads off the bench brought to the proceedings.
fourthirtythree
Leo Cullen

Post by fourthirtythree »

wixfjord wrote: April 11th, 2021, 12:47 pm Looking at Maunder yesterday and Racing today, I wonder why we don't use the caterpillar ruck technique to give Luke more space to box kick?

It looks horrendous, but if it's a law that exists we might as well take advantage of it.

Big Dev would be able to give him 2 metres of space alone!
Also yesterday when Reynal shouted "use it" he meant, sometime, at your leisure gentlemen, don't want to rush you, rather than five seconds...

Which contributed to the ridiculous rucks.
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

Luke doesn't get blocked often as it is.

And there are risks in terms of slowing down things and keeping players tied in. I'm surprised we haven't seen moves off caterpillars. Teams are setup to defend kicks so there's chances of quick driven pick and go or offloads.
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

When Exeter were 9 points behind they won a peno five meters out from our line.
They had three options.
Kick to the corner, the best option IMHO.
Kick the points, the next best option.
Take a tap peno, the wrong option.
You'd wonder what their thought process was.
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

ronk wrote: April 11th, 2021, 1:56 pm Luke doesn't get blocked often as it is.

And there are risks in terms of slowing down things and keeping players tied in. I'm surprised we haven't seen moves off caterpillars. Teams are setup to defend kicks so there's chances of quick driven pick and go or offloads.
He got half blocked yesterday.

It's not about getting blocked or not though, it's about giving him more space, particularly when we're kicking long and in field. We saw from the kick over Earls in the Munster game that his hook kick is better than his box kick imo.
Last edited by wixfjord on April 11th, 2021, 2:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RoboProp
Shane Horgan

Post by RoboProp »

Theleinsterlad wrote: April 11th, 2021, 9:13 am
blockhead wrote: April 11th, 2021, 8:07 am
Battlefield intelligence and chiselled emotions showed why Leinster are the smartest team in Europe
Neil Francis
Is their no accountability in journalism? Say whatever you want, make all kinds of predictions and wahay, start all over again.
Mike Ross caught him out really well a number of weeks ago about the abusive writing he has done about players - he is a disgrace in the language he uses in what I believe is more for the tabloid papers than a broadsheet
What did Mike say? Love seeing Franno made look a fool, although he contributes a lot to that cause himself
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

In defense of Franno (slightly)- At least he doesn't go on and on and on and on etc etc etc etc about Munster.
That's surely worth some mitigation.
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

Oldschool wrote: April 11th, 2021, 2:38 pm In defense of Franno (slightly)- At least he doesn't go on and on and on and on etc etc etc etc about Munster.
You are Franno.
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
Theleinsterlad
Enlightened

Post by Theleinsterlad »

RoboProp wrote: April 11th, 2021, 2:33 pm
blockhead wrote: April 11th, 2021, 8:07 am
Neil Francis
Is their no accountability in journalism? Say whatever you want, make all kinds of predictions and wahay, start all over again.
Mike Ross caught him out really well a number of weeks ago about the abusive writing he has done about players - he is a disgrace in the language he uses in what I believe is more for the tabloid papers than a broadsheet
What did Mike say? Love seeing Franno made look a fool, although he contributes a lot to that cause himself
https://mobile.twitter.com/MikeRoss03/s ... 1989776396
Oldschoolsocks
Shane Horgan

Post by Oldschoolsocks »

Theleinsterlad wrote: April 11th, 2021, 3:35 pm
RoboProp wrote: April 11th, 2021, 2:33 pm

https://mobile.twitter.com/MikeRoss03/s ... 1989776396
Mike Ross is an absolute ledge :clap: :clap: :clap:
Last edited by Oldschoolsocks on April 11th, 2021, 4:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

blockhead wrote: April 11th, 2021, 3:34 pm
Oldschool wrote: April 11th, 2021, 2:38 pm In defense of Franno (slightly)- At least he doesn't go on and on and on and on etc etc etc etc about Munster.
You are Franno.
Given some of the things I have been called on this forum, that's almost a compliment.
Things are looking up. :lol:
spooners jersey

Post by spooners jersey »

Anyone have a link for a stream or download of the full game? Im absolutely desperate lads
Morf
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Morf »

I just realised on a rewatch that Kirsten flipped Porter onto his head in the previous ruck before he emptied him in the tackle without the ball on 80+ mins.
Oldschoolsocks
Shane Horgan

Post by Oldschoolsocks »

Anyone see the match on YouTube yet?
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

https://www.rugbylist.ws/login.php
Its on here if you want to sign up n stuff
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
ChrisUppy
Graduate

Post by ChrisUppy »

Here, no log in required:

https://ok.ru/video/2565956242009