Moderator: moderators

Keith
Rhys Ruddock

Re: Champions Cup 1/4 Final: Exeter V Leinster

Post by Keith »

blockhead wrote: April 10th, 2021, 10:14 pm
Keith wrote: April 10th, 2021, 10:10 pm
Peg Leg wrote: April 10th, 2021, 10:09 pm
Do they not still put up the full matches?
I find channels that upload full games sporadically, but they are usually then banned after a period of time.
So download it as soon as it pops up.
That's not the problem, it's more finding the latest match that's been played.
curates_egg
Seán Cronin

Post by curates_egg »

Hippo wrote: April 10th, 2021, 8:02 pm
LeRouxIsPHat wrote: April 10th, 2021, 7:33 pm I wasn’t panicking after the first ten minutes but I did not see us sorting our defence like that considering how bad it was. We were all at sea in every respect and didn’t seem ready for their wide runners like I thought we’d be. What a turnaround!

Brilliant win, couldn’t have enjoyed it more!
Agree 100% with this. VdF clear MOTM, though there were plenty of star performances.

Was Jonny off for another failed HIA?
Totally agree on VdF. I thought he was absolutely world class.
So many people on here ignore him, and fawn over our other opensides, but he never turns in a bad performance and often is outstanding.

It was so impressive to see us not lose the heads after going 14 down in 9 minutes. Beyond the missed tackles, we were getting sucked into a physical dogfight. Then we just flipped a switch and played some phenomenal rugby, and the backrow was central to that.

A word for Raynal, who has no place as a ref at this level. He wasn’t biased but his interpretation of the game is all over the place. How they were allowed to continually take headshots on our players is baffling. Even the TMO knew it.
Last edited by curates_egg on April 10th, 2021, 10:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
curates_egg
Seán Cronin

Post by curates_egg »

Dave Cahill wrote: April 10th, 2021, 10:10 pm
Theleinsterlad wrote:
Dave Cahill wrote: April 10th, 2021, 10:04 pm

eh, what?
Lol not you I meant RTÉ rugby podcast
Phew!

No relation, just want to make that clear, don't know if I've mentioned it.
Evil twin?
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

curates_egg wrote: April 10th, 2021, 10:21 pm
So many people on here ignore him, and fawn over our other opensides, but he never turns in a bad performance and often is outstanding.

You were also going on about him not being the 'hipster choice'. What does that mean?

What other opensides are you referring to?
Twist
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Twist »

Theleinsterlad wrote:F—k guys we are into the semis and have Knocked out the current holders in their home ground, happy days ahead - looking forward to the attempts the likes of Cahill et al will start their podcasts about Leinster but will try after 1 minute to re-ask their week in week out question about why Munster isn’t here instead
Ourselves and Ulster are both into European semis. How long do you think itll take him to say the word “Munster” on the RTÉ podcast? I’d guess 90 seconds
Twist
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Twist »

elephantman wrote:
Theleinsterlad wrote: April 10th, 2021, 10:03 pm F—k guys we are into the semis and have Knocked out the current holders in their home ground, happy days ahead - looking forward to the attempts the likes of Cahill et al will start their podcasts about Leinster but will try after 1 minute to re-ask their week in week out question about why Munster isn’t here instead
Hugh Cahill has a podcast? :lol:

Only rugby podcast I listen to is the42 rugby podcast every Thursday. Best in the business.
There used to be one called Demented Mole that was pretty good....
cormac
Rob Kearney

Post by cormac »

Still buzzing after that performance
Look out Itchy, he's Irish
MarkyDeSad
Knowledgeable

Post by MarkyDeSad »

cormac wrote: April 10th, 2021, 10:44 pm Still buzzing after that performance
Absolutely, soooo good.
elephantman
Knowledgeable

Post by elephantman »

cormac wrote: April 10th, 2021, 10:44 pm Still buzzing after that performance
Absolutely. Going to watch it again now with a few bottles.

Always enjoy our matches more when I know the result.

It’s torture watching them live!

Next few hours will be bliss..
lotmc
Learner

Post by lotmc »

curates_egg
Seán Cronin

Post by curates_egg »

wixfjord wrote: April 10th, 2021, 10:32 pm

You were also going on about him not being the 'hipster choice'. What does that mean?

How’s that obsession going?
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

curates_egg wrote: April 10th, 2021, 11:01 pm

Why is it obsessive to ask you about a post? Weird response!
CiaranIrl
Seán Cronin

Post by CiaranIrl »

OTT wrote: April 10th, 2021, 9:33 pm BT put up a very interesting stat (well for me because I don’t remember seeing it in any of their games before) just after we had got it back to 7-14 (I think) that on Leinster’s possession we had cleared our rucks in under 2seconds 61% of the time, like that’s phenomenally quick. Comfortable in chaos to quote Mr Lancaster. Exeter just couldn’t live with that pace.
Yeah, despite us having their number in the lineout and scrum, it was the breakdown that was the winning of the game. It seemed to me like they were seriously missing a proper openside. Doesn't matter how great Simmonds, Vermeulen & Dave Ewers are at carrying if you can't get a hold of the ball. There's only one ball on the field, and you can't all be carrying it at the same time, as an old coach used to remind me.
“As you all know first prize is a Cadillac El Dorado. Anyone wanna see second prize? Second prize is a set of steak knives. Third prize is you're fired.”
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

Might just be a massive case of leinster bias here after enjoying a big win and ignoring the walkover we got last week but this feels like a really strong competition to me now and not just a patched together tournament that’ll be tainted by all the disruptions.

La Rochelle and all four teams playing tomorrow are really strong. Exeter were the champions and Sale had a big win last week and were very competitive for most of the game today.
Logorrhea
Shane Horgan

Post by Logorrhea »

wixfjord wrote: April 10th, 2021, 9:53 pm You don't understand how, after a QF, people might be looking forward to the team for a SF?
Really?
Its the speed of it. I just don't get that mentality. Not a big deal, knock yourself out if that's your thing. Just weird to me that people (want aware you were at it) seem to focus on calling for a player to be dropped 30 mins after a game like that.
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

Logorrhea wrote: April 10th, 2021, 11:12 pm
wixfjord wrote: April 10th, 2021, 9:53 pm You don't understand how, after a QF, people might be looking forward to the team for a SF?
Really?
Its the speed of it. I just don't get that mentality. Not a big deal, knock yourself out if that's your thing. Just weird to me that people (want aware you were at it) seem to focus on calling for a player to be dropped 30 mins after a game like that.
I wasn't 'at it', but I really don't see the issue with fairly tepid high level takes on what the team should be for the SF?

It's hardly 'that guy was sh!t, he should be dropped' type stuff. It's speculative team selection. That's what a fan forum is about right?
curates_egg
Seán Cronin

Post by curates_egg »

wixfjord wrote: April 10th, 2021, 11:07 pm
curates_egg wrote: April 10th, 2021, 11:01 pm

Why is it obsessive to ask you about a post? Weird response!
What’s obsessive is that you apparently are still scouring my posts on different platforms to try and take issue with me. Just ignore me if something about what I write triggers such an innate aggression in you.

On VDL, I believe he is the best openside in Ireland, despite never getting rave reviews here or elsewhere.
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

CiaranIrl wrote: April 10th, 2021, 11:08 pm
OTT wrote: April 10th, 2021, 9:33 pm BT put up a very interesting stat (well for me because I don’t remember seeing it in any of their games before) just after we had got it back to 7-14 (I think) that on Leinster’s possession we had cleared our rucks in under 2seconds 61% of the time, like that’s phenomenally quick. Comfortable in chaos to quote Mr Lancaster. Exeter just couldn’t live with that pace.
Yeah, despite us having their number in the lineout and scrum, it was the breakdown that was the winning of the game. It seemed to me like they were seriously missing a proper openside. Doesn't matter how great Simmonds, Vermeulen & Dave Ewers are at carrying if you can't get a hold of the ball. There's only one ball on the field, and you can't all be carrying it at the same time, as an old coach used to remind me.
Totally. Their 4-7 were way too similar. They had no real carriers besides Simmonds in the pack and he was well shut down.

Once we figured out that we could pin them back and wait for them to box kick we didn't have much trouble.

The only way they were going to score was if we let them get a foothold in the 22.
Theleinsterlad
Enlightened

Post by Theleinsterlad »

Twist wrote: April 10th, 2021, 10:38 pm
Theleinsterlad wrote:F—k guys we are into the semis and have Knocked out the current holders in their home ground, happy days ahead - looking forward to the attempts the likes of Cahill et al will start their podcasts about Leinster but will try after 1 minute to re-ask their week in week out question about why Munster isn’t here instead
Ourselves and Ulster are both into European semis. How long do you think itll take him to say the word “Munster” on the RTÉ podcast? I’d guess 90 seconds
I’m sure they will find something going on in Munster to have it as a headline as they start the podcast so it could be in the first 60 seconds 😂
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

curates_egg wrote: April 10th, 2021, 11:16 pm

What’s obsessive is that you apparently are still scouring my posts on different platforms to try and take issue with me. Just ignore me if something about what I write triggers such an innate aggression in you.

On VDL, I believe he is the best openside in Ireland, despite never getting rave reviews here or elsewhere.
Ehm ok. :lol:

What's aggressive about what I said above?

You posted that under the public twitter account you use with the same name right? It's hardly detective work is it!

On topic - VDF gets enormous rave reviews on here and elsewhere. He's an incredibly well regarded player.

My question was what other opensides are you talking about and who's the 'hipster's choice' you refer to?