Champions Cup 1/4 Final: Exeter V Leinster

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

blockhead
Rob Kearney

Re: Champions Cup 1/4 Final: Exeter V Leinster

Post by blockhead »

OTT wrote: April 10th, 2021, 9:33 pm BT put up a very interesting stat (well for me because I don’t remember seeing it in any of their games before) just after we had got it back to 7-14 (I think) that on Leinster’s possession we had cleared our rucks in under 2seconds 61% of the time, like that’s phenomenally quick. Comfortable in chaos to quote Mr Lancaster. Exeter just couldn’t live with that pace.
And that's basically what Baxter said in a post match interview. Exeter couldn't settle and get into their own rythmn. Leinsters intensity put them off their game plan. And they paniced too early near the end, not kicking for goal etc.
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

Logorrhea wrote: April 10th, 2021, 9:47 pm don't understand how, after a performance like that, peoples immediate thoughts are who can/should be dropped in three weeks time.
You don't understand how, after a QF, people might be looking forward to the team for a SF?

Really?
Jcahill1
Bookworm

Post by Jcahill1 »

Anyone been able to find anywhere with stats for the game?
RoboProp
Shane Horgan

Post by RoboProp »

OTT wrote: April 10th, 2021, 9:09 pm
blockhead wrote: April 10th, 2021, 9:05 pm

Oh and Francis should be docked a weeks pay for being such a poor judge of a game.
Franno gets paid? :shock:

They pay him in armoires full of Toffee Pops and Pokémon cards. You get what you pay for
Keith
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Keith »

Theleinsterlad wrote: April 10th, 2021, 9:25 pm
Keith wrote: April 10th, 2021, 9:20 pm
bluemagic wrote: April 10th, 2021, 8:41 pm Agree with the poster who said they’d start RB over sexton.

I think Fardy is another one who shouldn’t be starting if Ryan is fit. He’s just too old at this point. Baird is great impact from the bench but if you put Fardy there we have no impact coming on.

Desperately need some players back in the next few weeks. Ryan and Ringrose most of all. Doris would mean we could have serious impact in back row in the bench

One of the all time great victories though for the boys!
I agree with starting Ryan with Baird on the bench but that's a bit harsh on Fardy, no? Thought he was brilliant against Munster in the final and he wasn't exactly terrible today.
For Leinster to come back from where they were after 8 mins I don’t think any player was poor. The speed of the game was such that neither side could carry anyone. I would also say that many of us need to watch the game again cause I for one was so hyped up I need to watch it to really see what happened in the game!
Agreed I'm sure I missed a ton in that game, especially in the first 10 mins where I was just seeing red :D
Theleinsterlad
Enlightened

Post by Theleinsterlad »

Keith wrote: April 10th, 2021, 9:59 pm
I agree with starting Ryan with Baird on the bench but that's a bit harsh on Fardy, no? Thought he was brilliant against Munster in the final and he wasn't exactly terrible today.
For Leinster to come back from where they were after 8 mins I don’t think any player was poor. The speed of the game was such that neither side could carry anyone. I would also say that many of us need to watch the game again cause I for one was so hyped up I need to watch it to really see what happened in the game!
Agreed I'm sure I missed a ton in that game, especially in the first 10 mins where I was just seeing red :D
I’m your huckleberry on that! 😂
Theleinsterlad
Enlightened

Post by Theleinsterlad »

F—k guys we are into the semis and have Knocked out the current holders in their home ground, happy days ahead - looking forward to the attempts the likes of Cahill et al will start their podcasts about Leinster but will try after 1 minute to re-ask their week in week out question about why Munster isn’t here instead
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

Theleinsterlad wrote: April 10th, 2021, 10:03 pm F—k guys we are into the semis and have Knocked out the current holders in their home ground, happy days ahead - looking forward to the attempts the likes of Cahill et al will start their podcasts about Leinster but will try after 1 minute to re-ask their week in week out question about why Munster isn’t here instead
eh, what?
I have Bumbleflex
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

Watched it on NowTV so will have to wait to catch it on YouTube. Actually, being forced to watch it live without the option to pause was great.
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan
Keith
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Keith »

Peg Leg wrote: April 10th, 2021, 10:05 pm

Watched it on NowTV so will have to wait to catch it on YouTube. Actually, being forced to watch it live without the option to pause was great.
Where do you plan on watching it on youtube?
elephantman
Knowledgeable

Post by elephantman »

Theleinsterlad wrote: April 10th, 2021, 10:03 pm F—k guys we are into the semis and have Knocked out the current holders in their home ground, happy days ahead - looking forward to the attempts the likes of Cahill et al will start their podcasts about Leinster but will try after 1 minute to re-ask their week in week out question about why Munster isn’t here instead
Hugh Cahill has a podcast? :lol:

Only rugby podcast I listen to is the42 rugby podcast every Thursday. Best in the business.
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

Dave Cahill wrote: April 10th, 2021, 10:04 pm
eh, what?
Calm down Hugh, he's talking about Dave.
Daniel Sullivan
Theleinsterlad
Enlightened

Post by Theleinsterlad »

eh, what?
Lol not you I meant RTÉ rugby podcast
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

Keith wrote: April 10th, 2021, 10:06 pm
Do they not still put up the full matches?
Daniel Sullivan
Theleinsterlad
Enlightened

Post by Theleinsterlad »

Fair play to Dan McFarland when asked by Ugo Monye if the challenge cup is it his response was “we have three massive interpros coming up they are big for us”
Keith
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Keith »

Peg Leg wrote: April 10th, 2021, 10:09 pm
I find channels that upload full games sporadically, but they are usually then banned after a period of time.
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

Theleinsterlad wrote:
eh, what?
Phew!

No relation, just want to make that clear, don't know if I've mentioned it.
I have Bumbleflex
Theleinsterlad
Enlightened

Post by Theleinsterlad »

elephantman wrote: April 10th, 2021, 10:06 pm
Hugh Cahill has a podcast? :lol:

Only rugby podcast I listen to is the42 rugby podcast every Thursday. Best in the business.
I listen to them all mate, will def listen to them all this week!!!
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

Keith wrote: April 10th, 2021, 10:10 pm
Peg Leg wrote: April 10th, 2021, 10:09 pm

I find channels that upload full games sporadically, but they are usually then banned after a period of time.
So download it as soon as it pops up.
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

Theleinsterlad wrote: April 10th, 2021, 10:08 pm
eh, what?
And why aren't you listening to his (better) podcast?