Champions Cup 1/4 Final: Exeter V Leinster

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

Theleinsterlad
Enlightened

Re: Champions Cup 1/4 Final: Exeter V Leinster

Post by Theleinsterlad »

riocard911 wrote: April 10th, 2021, 7:56 pm I always thought we had it in us to beat Exeter on their home turf. But, man, was I a doubting Thomas after the first ten minutes. Incredible fight back from the lads, though. I reckon Josch had a try disallowed on our first visit to their 22. Robbie got a deserved MOTM, but our pack essentially did a number on the opposite 8. Larmour's touchdown was an amazing coup de grace (and fair play to Ross for the long pass to give him the opportunity).

p.s. so much for the crappy Pro14 - which at least will have one team in the Heino semis compared zero for the Incredible Power of the Prem!!!!!
Agreed the last two weeks have pissed me off the way that the media (Munsterites) have belittled how amazing Leinster were against Munster and implied it was Munster who underperformed and didn’t fire a shot. Well I say they didn’t cause Leinster destroyed them. Then they play Toulouse who can’t do the same and it’s suddenly oh munsterncame out to play. Leinster is one of the strongest teams going and there ain’t many that could come back from 14-0 away to the euro champs
Theleinsterlad
Enlightened

Post by Theleinsterlad »

Last edited by Theleinsterlad on April 10th, 2021, 8:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Twist
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Twist »

Oh moi DAZE!

I was so wrong. That was our most impressive win in years. At least since the win away in ASM. 14-0 down and then losing Sexton, away to the champions. Dóchreidte.
Hippo
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Hippo »

LeRouxIsPHat wrote: April 10th, 2021, 7:33 pm I wasn’t panicking after the first ten minutes but I did not see us sorting our defence like that considering how bad it was. We were all at sea in every respect and didn’t seem ready for their wide runners like I thought we’d be. What a turnaround!

Brilliant win, couldn’t have enjoyed it more!
Agree 100% with this. VdF clear MOTM, though there were plenty of star performances.

Was Jonny off for another failed HIA?
AKA Peter O'Sullivan
Theleinsterlad
Enlightened

Post by Theleinsterlad »

Hippo wrote: April 10th, 2021, 8:02 pm
LeRouxIsPHat wrote: April 10th, 2021, 7:33 pm I wasn’t panicking after the first ten minutes but I did not see us sorting our defence like that considering how bad it was. We were all at sea in every respect and didn’t seem ready for their wide runners like I thought we’d be. What a turnaround!

Agree 100% with this. VdF clear MOTM, though there were plenty of star performances.

Yes
Ruckedtobits
Rob Kearney

Post by Ruckedtobits »

It's a long time since I enjoyed a Leinster or Irish performance as good as that. Outstanding performances everywhere from Coaching, Selection, Tactics and every player and all the Squad who assisted in the preparation. More considered comments can wait.

Thanks Leo and everyone involved.
Theleinsterlad
Enlightened

Post by Theleinsterlad »

Think that finishes Johnny’s chances for the lions
D4surfer
Mullet

Post by D4surfer »

Theleinsterlad wrote: April 10th, 2021, 8:03 pm Think that finishes Johnny’s chances for the lions
I don't agree. What 10s would you pick in the squad?
Barry
Enlightened

Post by Barry »

Thought all 3 back rows and Kelleher were outstanding. Concerned that tonight might be Johnny's last game for a while.

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

MarkyDeSad
Knowledgeable

Post by MarkyDeSad »

Didn't see any miracles there, just one pretty good team getting bossed and out played for nearly 70 mins by a better team.
Was shaking at half time, exceptional 30 mins after we woke up. Didn't need any miracles either. Delighted for them all, indeed for us all . One of our best European victories.
fourthirtythree
Leo Cullen

Post by fourthirtythree »

God that will never get old.
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

Theleinsterlad wrote: April 10th, 2021, 7:39 pm I would play Ross over Johnny. There I’ve said it
For F^ck Sake lad, are you feeling suicidal?
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

tingman wrote: April 10th, 2021, 7:30 pm Bloody brilliant - what defensive performance.
Eventually
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
OTT
Rhys Ruddock

Post by OTT »

Theleinsterlad wrote: April 10th, 2021, 8:03 pm Think that finishes Johnny’s chances for the lions

Jaysus and you thought I was OTT (no pun intended) when I thought Harry could have controlled the last 10mins better against the Ospreys.

Great win lads, we roll on to fight another day :happy clapper:
"Horrocks went one way, Taylor the other and I was left holding the bloody hyphen!"

~The Late Great Mick English
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

LeRouxIsPHat wrote: April 10th, 2021, 7:34 pm
fourthirtythree wrote: April 10th, 2021, 7:31 pm
tingman wrote: April 10th, 2021, 7:30 pm Bloody brilliant - what defensive performance.
Yeah. We made a lot of their players underperform.
They missed Sam Simmonds a lot.
There you have because we didn't miss Ryan and Ringrose.
Theleinsterlad
Enlightened

Post by Theleinsterlad »

OTT wrote: April 10th, 2021, 8:16 pm

Jaysus and you thought I was OTT (no pun intended) when I thought Harry could have controlled the last 10mins better against the Ospreys.

Great win lads, we roll on to fight another day :happy clapper:
I meant in the fact that he’s got a number of HIAs now in the past few weeks
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

LeinsterLeader wrote: April 10th, 2021, 7:48 pm
Peg Leg wrote: April 10th, 2021, 5:45 pm Jesus folks slow start, frustrating and all as it is but keep the faith. We have them right where we want them
Fair play Peg leg. When everyone else was running round like the house was on fire, you kept your cool :clap:
The house was on fire - fact.
OTT
Rhys Ruddock

Post by OTT »

Was absolutely shocked Josh didn’t get player of the match especially when it was getting picked by another backrower, thought he was flippin brilliant.
"Horrocks went one way, Taylor the other and I was left holding the bloody hyphen!"

~The Late Great Mick English
Theleinsterlad
Enlightened

Post by Theleinsterlad »

OTT wrote: April 10th, 2021, 8:19 pm Was absolutely shocked Josh didn’t get player of the match especially when it was getting picked by another backrower, thought he was flippin brilliant.
Very surprised too as josh kept us in it at one stage in the 1st half
Hippo
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Hippo »

Theleinsterlad wrote: April 10th, 2021, 8:02 pm
Hippo wrote: April 10th, 2021, 8:02 pm

Yes
This has become a serious issue for him. Much as I love watching him play I wish he'd think about throwing in the towel.
AKA Peter O'Sullivan