is the Rainbow Cup still going ahead?

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

CiaranIrl
Seán Cronin

Re: is the Rainbow Cup still going ahead?

Post by CiaranIrl »

ronk wrote: May 16th, 2021, 2:32 pm This has turned into a cracking competition with some good rounds of rugby. It's also not a procession for once.
I vehemently disagree that it's been a cracking competition. The standard required for Treviso to get wins against the Scottish sides and Zebre is a far cry from what the Irish rounds were. Some good games though for sure.
“As you all know first prize is a Cadillac El Dorado. Anyone wanna see second prize? Second prize is a set of steak knives. Third prize is you're fired.”
SoupyNorman
Bookworm

Post by SoupyNorman »

Don't the think the Irish Interpros were of that high a standard either until the last round. Still it is undoubtedly a bit of a mini League with luck of the draw to it.
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

Since conferences came in, unbalanced fixture difficulty was inevitable. It was just ignored.
Degz
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Degz »

Munster will lose to the Bulls in the final.
neill_m
Rhys Ruddock

Post by neill_m »

Final venue confirmed for North v South clash as Stadio di Mongio in Treviso on June 19.

https://www.pro14.rugby/latest/news/ita ... in-treviso
alanair
Mullet

Post by alanair »

Just watching 3 minute highlights of Lions V Bulls... good attacking play by both sides - but my God - Zero defence from either....
Ruckedtobits
Rob Kearney

Post by Ruckedtobits »

Now cheering for Benetton!
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

If the Ospreys get a bonus point win against Connacht there there's the possibility of a decider between them and Benetton.

Especially if Zebre can do a favour for their brothers against Munster.
FLIP
Seán Cronin

Post by FLIP »

Benneton v Ospreys might be off due to Osprey positive tests according to the42, meaning Benneton will be the NH representatives.
Anyone But New Zealand
Xanthippe
Shane Horgan

Post by Xanthippe »

FLIP wrote: June 8th, 2021, 3:50 pm Benneton v Ospreys might be off due to Osprey positive tests according to the42, meaning Benneton will be the NH representatives.
So a game against Glasgow's 'kids', two games against Zebre and now possibly a walk over against Ospreys - feels like someone is desperate for Benetton to be the winners of the Rainbow Cup!!!
#LiveLifeLoveLeinster

#BeSeenBeHeardBeBlueBELIEVE

I'm a Book Mark and damn proud of it. Storm 1:08 forever
FLIP
Seán Cronin

Post by FLIP »

Xanthippe wrote: June 8th, 2021, 4:51 pm
FLIP wrote: June 8th, 2021, 3:50 pm Benneton v Ospreys might be off due to Osprey positive tests according to the42, meaning Benneton will be the NH representatives.
So a game against Glasgow's 'kids', two games against Zebre and now possibly a walk over against Ospreys - feels like someone is desperate for Benetton to be the winners of the Rainbow Cup!!!
Would rather them than Munster
Anyone But New Zealand
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

Not sure. Where's the final on?
Barry
Enlightened

Post by Barry »

ronk wrote:

Not sure. Where's the final on?
Treviso

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

So when is someone going to resign/be sacked for this shambles?
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

LeRouxIsPHat wrote: June 8th, 2021, 6:27 pm So when is someone going to resign/be sacked for this shambles?
I'd rate the chances of that happening as 0.
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
the spoofer
Shane Horgan

Post by the spoofer »

LeRouxIsPHat wrote: June 8th, 2021, 6:27 pm So when is someone going to resign/be sacked for this shambles?
Why should someone be sacked for doing their very best in the face of unprecedented challenges? I've enjoyed lots of the games.
FLIP
Seán Cronin

Post by FLIP »

Now confirmed cancelled: https://www.pro14.rugby/latest/news/osp ... -cup-final
Anyone But New Zealand
dropkick
Rhys Ruddock

Post by dropkick »

the spoofer wrote: June 9th, 2021, 9:59 am
Why should someone be sacked for doing their very best in the face of unprecedented challenges? I've enjoyed lots of the games.

I agree. There's only so much they can do with limited time and game cancellations. This tournament was designed to bring in money which all the clubs want.
the spoofer
Shane Horgan

Post by the spoofer »

dropkick wrote: June 9th, 2021, 10:20 am

I agree. There's only so much they can do with limited time and game cancellations. This tournament was designed to bring in money which all the clubs want.
True and I'm glad that Leinster got a cut of it, no matter how small.
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

Because they’re totally incompetent. I’m not going to repeat all the points I’ve already made in this thread, my posts are there if you want to read them.