Ospreys at the RDS, Friday 19th of March, 8.15pm

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

Theleinsterlad
Enlightened

Re: Ospreys at the RDS, Friday 19th of March, 8.15pm

Post by Theleinsterlad »

Ps I was really pissed off when game finished but posting here has really helped the mood!!
OTT
Rhys Ruddock

Post by OTT »

We were down to 14 men they had scored to make it 19-10 there was 10mins left. From that point I was really disappointed in how Harry managed the game. We all know he’s an outrageous talent and we’ve witnessed what he can do when we are cruising and on the front foot. This was a real opportunity for him to show a different side of his game, we had possession a few times in these minutes and coughed it up cheaply. He’s young but people want him in the Irish squad. A few minutes of him showing he could play a bit more like his brother would have been brilliant to see, sometimes less is more. I don’t doubt he can play a tighter game it just would have been nice to see it before all the upcoming knock out games.

Anyway, fair play to the Ospreys, they really wanted it, they could have thrown in the towel early but they didn’t. Nothing was coming easy for them in the opening hour but they kept plugging away. Sometimes you get what you deserve.
"Horrocks went one way, Taylor the other and I was left holding the bloody hyphen!"

~The Late Great Mick English
Theleinsterlad
Enlightened

Post by Theleinsterlad »

OTT wrote: March 19th, 2021, 10:53 pm We were down to 14 men they had scored to make it 19-10 there was 10mins left. From that point I was really disappointed in how Harry managed the game. We all know he’s an outrageous talent and we’ve witnessed what he can do when we are cruising and on the front foot. This was a real opportunity for him to show a different side of his game, we had possession a few times in these minutes and coughed it up cheaply. He’s young but people want him in the Irish squad. A few minutes of him showing he could play a bit more like his brother would have been brilliant to see, sometimes less is more. I don’t doubt he can play a tighter game it just would have been nice to see it before all the upcoming knock out games.

Anyway, fair play to the Ospreys, they really wanted it, they could have thrown in the towel early but they didn’t. Nothing was coming easy for them in the opening hour but they kept plugging away. Sometimes you get what you deserve.
Your post makes me laugh first your wanting him to be the 2nd coming and then saying other people want him in the irish squad. This is his first full real full season with the senior squad and like all others he is only beginning to learn his trade. I have nothing bad to say about him tonight except for his delay on the kick which was blocked. Otherwise he was good and if he had had JGP or McGrath inside him he would have been fine. This is a great lesson for him and will only improve him further, he needs to experience these to move forward
OTT
Rhys Ruddock

Post by OTT »

Glad I made you laugh. You seem a bit down.
"Horrocks went one way, Taylor the other and I was left holding the bloody hyphen!"

~The Late Great Mick English
Xanthippe
Shane Horgan

Post by Xanthippe »

mildlyinterested wrote: March 19th, 2021, 8:51 pm
Serb wrote: March 19th, 2021, 8:50 pm
mildlyinterested wrote:Youngest Leinster try scorer since?
Is it Adam Byrne?
Scott Penny was youngest ever, then Conway now Osborne.
Was Milne not only 19 when he got his? And if we’re counting points scorers rather than try scorers then Ian McKinley would be 4th - he got a drop goal just a couple of days after his 20th.

Never mind - had his dob wrong
Last edited by Xanthippe on March 21st, 2021, 2:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
#LiveLifeLoveLeinster

#BeSeenBeHeardBeBlueBELIEVE

I'm a Book Mark and damn proud of it. Storm 1:08 forever
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

I’m very much in the “it was a dead rubber and we had lots of injuries” camp. I love how people spend the week worrying about what team we can put out and then act so disappointed when things don’t go swimmingly.

Got to say I really enjoyed the fight from Ospreys, thought that was a brilliant second half from them and hope they keep it up next season. I’m not seeing an issue with the turnover after MOR dived for the ball, thought they both dived for it and then the flanker got back to his feet. Thought it was brilliant play from him tbh.

Also don’t think Harry was that bad in the last ten. Strange decision to kick it away near the 22 and obviously he messed up with the block down but I reckon Bent and the medics caused him a bit of an issue in knowing where to kick and the delay messed him up, not unreasonable really. HOS made loads of errors late on but I really feel for him, his head must be all over the place if he’s leaving and might not even have a contract elsewhere so wouldn’t be too harsh on him.

Disagree with whoever said Smith’s yellow was harsh, I thought it was direct to the head and I’d have given him red. He couldn’t tackle at 20’s level and that was a dreadful effort with no excuse from what I can see. He plays like he has a shoulder injury and can only do things on his right side.

The one big positive for me was that Sheehan moved to 8 after I suggested it for the Ulster game :lol:
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

Peg Leg wrote: March 19th, 2021, 9:39 pm Dan Shannon... ? Jesus wept
Probably the first step in getting him to move south.
outcast eddie
Mullet

Post by outcast eddie »

My overriding thought throughout this game was, please no injuries to Bent, DK, Frawley, the two Scott's or Rory O'Loughlin.

I think we are ok as far as that goes but will await Tuesdays injury update with trepidation.

The result is neither here nor there, I'm happy to lose an insignificant battle if it means we win the war.

It would be wrong to begrudge the Ospreys a deserved win in these grim times.
The odds are good but the goods are odd.
Keith
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Keith »

LeRouxIsPHat wrote: March 19th, 2021, 11:19 pm I’m very much in the “it was a dead rubber and we had lots of injuries” camp. I love how people spend the week worrying about what team we can put out and then act so disappointed when things don’t go swimmingly.

Got to say I really enjoyed the fight from Ospreys, thought that was a brilliant second half from them and hope they keep it up next season. I’m not seeing an issue with the turnover after MOR dived for the ball, thought they both dived for it and then the flanker got back to his feet. Thought it was brilliant play from him tbh.

Also don’t think Harry was that bad in the last ten. Strange decision to kick it away near the 22 and obviously he messed up with the block down but I reckon Bent and the medics caused him a bit of an issue in knowing where to kick and the delay messed him up, not unreasonable really. HOS made loads of errors late on but I really feel for him, his head must be all over the place if he’s leaving and might not even have a contract elsewhere so wouldn’t be too harsh on him.

Disagree with whoever said Smith’s yellow was harsh, I thought it was direct to the head and I’d have given him red. He couldn’t tackle at 20’s level and that was a dreadful effort with no excuse from what I can see. He plays like he has a shoulder injury and can only do things on his right side.

The one big positive for me was that Sheehan moved to 8 after I suggested it for the Ulster game :lol:
Good Post except for the point on Smith. If we start giving reds for that, the game is in serious trouble.
alanair
Mullet

Post by alanair »

Up early this morning , And guess what ... the world didnt end... The start of another day...
erskinechilders
Knowledgeable

Post by erskinechilders »

Jesus we looked like we were being held together by nothing but medical tape at the end there. If injuries are kept to a minimum I don't think a defeat like this is a bad thing. Harry will learn a lot from the last minutes you would hope, and there were really good showings in that first half.

Luke McGrath makes a huge difference to our Pro 14 team and his leadership & game management was missed big time. Hopefully he's back for next Saturday! Alongside some of our Irish pack!
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

Can't understand why Smith's high tackle was a yellow and Fia's high tackle was only a pen. I thought Fia's was worse to be honest.
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

A quick word for Jamie Osborne. Another really assured performance. He looks a super smart player, has a cannon of a left boot and at 19 looks very comfortable at Pro14 level. With TOB coming back hopefully soon we could see both get a lot of time in the Rainbow Cup.

I thought MOR looked pretty good again, besides the mess up for the blockdown try.

He has great feet and though he's still raw, he'll benefit hugely from the gametime.
LeinsterLeader
Seán Cronin

Post by LeinsterLeader »

Good to hear from Leo that the young players are taking the result hard. There the games you remember and learn from.

I'll now go and watch the Ireland game through my fingers........actually I might not watch it at all. Will someone come on here and tell me when it's safe to read the injury report :D
JB1973
Rhys Ruddock

Post by JB1973 »

Thanks for all being so gracious in defeat, the win was massive for us as it gurantees champions cup rugby and if as mooted there is a possible cull from 4 to 3 teams in wales, should help us survive

A very odd game we had plenty of ball but offered no threat until that yellow card.

The last 10 minutes were so un leinster like, basic skills went to pot and the team panicked

Granted you were missing so much age and experience it was bound to affect you and if Ruddock and McGrath were 8 and 9 , you'd see that game out

Delighted for our young kids to get a huge morale boost they kept going till the end Morris and Griffiths in the back row were excellent and have come on so much this season it's unreal

Hopefully next time we play there will be crowds allowed and we can catch up for a beer or ten!
The Doc
Rhys Ruddock

Post by The Doc »

JB1973 wrote: March 22nd, 2021, 11:24 am Hopefully next time we play there will be crowds allowed and we can catch up for a beer or ten!
+1
I like your right leg. A lovely leg for the role.
I've got nothing against your right leg.
The trouble is ... neither have you