Ospreys at the RDS, Friday 19th of March, 8.15pm

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Re: Ospreys at the RDS, Friday 19th of March, 8.15pm

Post by wixfjord »

Nice looking team again, I expected us to play a lot of the guys who'll start against Munster alright.

Good to see Sean Cronin back.

Our scrumhalf selection choices will forever be a mystery to me :lol:
Why play Osborne if he's leaving at the end of the year?
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

Ospreys side:

Not a huge amount to fear there. Centre partnership is good. I love watching Keiran Williams, he'd be a great role model for Liam Turner to follow.
cormac
Rob Kearney

Post by cormac »

Dev set to match Darce's all-time appearances record.
Look out Itchy, he's Irish
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

Post by mildlyinterested »

wixfjord wrote: March 18th, 2021, 12:10 pm Nice looking team again, I expected us to play a lot of the guys who'll start against Munster alright.

O'Sullivan is leaving too.
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

wixfjord wrote: March 18th, 2021, 12:11 pm I love watching Keiran Williams, he'd be a great role model for Liam Turner to follow.
Turner hasn't shown same ability to me.
JB1973
Rhys Ruddock

Post by JB1973 »

dear me this is going to be a tough watch

we have the worst pair of wingers we have ever selected ( poor old cai is a poor ten/15 at this level , he's got no chance on the wing we'd have been better picking his dad!)

Our centres are good for me that's our best pairing and will do well if we get any ball, hope they don't just send Williams on the crash ball though he has good feet and needs to be running at branches not the tree as the saying goes. Watkin tackles well and is a big strong unit , good to see him in the team

Price at 10 is poor but he is a decent goal kicker, the 9 is ok and is improving

Parry decent hooker, fia ok as tight head, henry is the worlds oldest looking 21/22 year old and is really carrying weight but he did ok last game and he seems to have a bit of fight in him so fingers crossed

Davies has been good all season excellent addition but toner a diff level however davies will be ok and can be proud of his efforts this season, Ashley has been poor all season and will get man handled by your pack, frankly he needs to toughen up and start acting like the senior player he now is

Evans at 8 is ok and not a bad carrier but is mentally a bit fragile when things start to go against us and I expect him to come off injured at any time after half time if we are trailing badly . At 6 we have Griffiths and for me he is our player of the season, solid mobile and has a right go, same for morris although he is a better at 6/8 than he is at 7 these two will at least get stuck in and won't be intimidated ( I played vs morris dad making me feel old lol) they have been a credit to the region and to themselves this season

Bench Botha (yes he's ok) lake a real handful in the loose but he can be shocking at the line out however he does have the size to match up to leinster and has a good bit of steel in him , Phillips is a good young prop but not ready for this type of standard yet imo

Cracknell is average but everything is at a snails pace with him and he is a penalty machine

cross has pace but is underpowered he will be too lightweight for your back row, I'd have been tempted to play him wing

venter dear me been dreadful for us but is an older head at least that's all I can think of to be positive about him

Thomas another kid who is being rushed into games with out learning his trade so can't be too hard on him

Hawkins is a really good prospect, runs strongly and has decent size . I like him and hell go far in the game

There is a real gap in these two teams, part of me thinks we should just run it from everywhere hope for a game of glorified sevens and try to get a try bonus point but we just have no pace or real attacking threat in the back like bar the centres

Still we live in hope, cmon the ospreys :)
Last edited by JB1973 on March 18th, 2021, 12:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

mildlyinterested wrote: March 18th, 2021, 12:17 pm
wixfjord wrote: March 18th, 2021, 12:11 pm I love watching Keiran Williams, he'd be a great role model for Liam Turner to follow.
Turner hasn't shown same ability to me.
Which is exactly why he'd be a great role model to follow :lol:
LeinsterLeader
Seán Cronin

Post by LeinsterLeader »

mildlyinterested wrote: March 18th, 2021, 12:16 pm
wixfjord wrote: March 18th, 2021, 12:10 pm Nice looking team again, I expected us to play a lot of the guys who'll start against Munster alright.

Where's he off to?
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

LeinsterLeader wrote: March 18th, 2021, 12:48 pm
mildlyinterested wrote: March 18th, 2021, 12:16 pm

Where's he off to?
Dunno.
Laighin Break
Mullet

Post by Laighin Break »

Didn't get anyone back from the Ireland squad?
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

Laighin Break wrote: March 18th, 2021, 1:17 pm Didn't get anyone back from the Ireland squad?
Nope.
Ruckedtobits
Rob Kearney

Post by Ruckedtobits »

mildlyinterested wrote: March 18th, 2021, 11:59 am Image
Given the earlier listing of who's not available for us, that is a very credible starting XV. The Bench looks young but when you consider how capable players like Sheehan, Clarkson, Dunne and Smith have been in their senior appearances, it's a great selection for this time of the year.

Line-up v Munster is looking more and more like taking those in the Ireland Squad and adding a few such as Luke, DK, R&H B and Penny and use the two training sessions to get them all thinking about our patterns. Munster game will be an emotional fest, rather than a skill test - unfortunately.
limecat
Lazy totalitarian

Post by limecat »

Match Preview

A young Leinster side did the job away to Zebre last week.

Now there's just one more game to play before the final against Munster in the RDS next Saturday the 27th. The following Friday from that they will take on Toulon in the Heineken Champions Cup, so it's a pretty intense period coming up.

Read more...
Keep up to date on our facebook page or follow us on mastodon.
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

Crucial game for the Ospreys as Glasgow have a game v dragons on Sunday and a re fixed one v treviso the following weekend. Ospreys need to win this to keep their 3rd place
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

Ruckedtobits wrote: March 18th, 2021, 1:52 pm
mildlyinterested wrote: March 18th, 2021, 11:59 am Image
Given the earlier listing of who's not available for us, that is a very credible starting XV. The Bench looks young but when you consider how capable players like Sheehan, Clarkson, Dunne and Smith have been in their senior appearances, it's a great selection for this time of the year.

Line-up v Munster is looking more and more like taking those in the Ireland Squad and adding a few such as Luke, DK, R&H B and Penny and use the two training sessions to get them all thinking about our patterns. Munster game will be an emotional fest, rather than a skill test - unfortunately.
Not sure about Smith looking 'capable' in senior appearances. He only has one against Connacht and looked a bit lost at times.

I also don't think we'll see the Irish starters against Munster. I think we might actually see this pack 1-5 starting en masse too.
joooooe
Enlightened

Post by joooooe »

wixfjord wrote: March 18th, 2021, 12:11 pm Ospreys side:

Not a huge amount to fear there. Centre partnership is good. I love watching Keiran Williams, he'd be a great role model for Liam Turner to follow.
A real changing of the guard for Ospreys, who have no Joneses but three Evanses in the starting XV.
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

joooooe wrote: March 18th, 2021, 2:40 pm
wixfjord wrote: March 18th, 2021, 12:11 pm Ospreys side:

A real changing of the guard for Ospreys, who have no Joneses but three Evanses in the starting XV.
Whereas we have only one Byrne but two Osbornes!
LeinsterLeader
Seán Cronin

Post by LeinsterLeader »

"Match Programme........get yer match programme, here...."

https://www.yumpu.com/en/document/read/ ... -v-ospreys
Theleinsterlad
Enlightened

Post by Theleinsterlad »

God Leo’s interview before game wouldn’t inspire confidence in him staying longer than this next contract
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

Mark Hernan there as 24th man