Leinster Vs Toulon 2021, Friday the 2nd of April, 5.30pm

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

Twist
Rhys Ruddock

Re: Leinster Vs Toulon 2021, Friday the 2nd of April, 5.30pm

Post by Twist »

Theleinsterlad wrote:On the debate of asterisks beside stars, in the years I’ve watched champions cup rugby not once has a commentator or any fan mentioned when talking about the mighty Toulouse’s 4 stars that one should really have an asterisks beside their first. Neither will anyone in a couple of years on Exeter’s. It will be discussed in the present and then left in the past as this competition continues into the future - a win is a win and a title is a title
Never heard it said about Ulster’s win either.
Theleinsterlad
Enlightened

Post by Theleinsterlad »

Twist wrote: April 3rd, 2021, 7:46 am
Theleinsterlad wrote:On the debate of asterisks beside stars, in the years I’ve watched champions cup rugby not once has a commentator or any fan mentioned when talking about the mighty Toulouse’s 4 stars that one should really have an asterisks beside their first. Neither will anyone in a couple of years on Exeter’s. It will be discussed in the present and then left in the past as this competition continues into the future - a win is a win and a title is a title
👍
Oldschoolsocks
Shane Horgan

Post by Oldschoolsocks »

Theleinsterlad wrote: April 3rd, 2021, 8:52 am
👍
there is no debate about an asterix beside stars
Show Spoiler:
Hippo
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Hippo »

^^^ Thank you, I was about to post the same thing!
AKA Peter O'Sullivan
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

Oldschoolsocks wrote: April 3rd, 2021, 9:03 am
👍
Show Spoiler:
Put him on the jerseys too. And Obelix for the front row.
outcast eddie
Mullet

Post by outcast eddie »

Last edited by outcast eddie on April 3rd, 2021, 12:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The odds are good but the goods are odd.
outcast eddie
Mullet

Post by outcast eddie »

👍
Show Spoiler:
Is this not a debate about Asterix beside stars?
fourthirtythree
Leo Cullen

Post by fourthirtythree »

Best team won it last year, and they beat the second best to do it. Sometimes that isn't what happens but nobody puts an asterisk beside them either.
Oldschoolsocks
Shane Horgan

Post by Oldschoolsocks »

outcast eddie wrote: April 3rd, 2021, 10:52 am

👍
Show Spoiler:
Is this not a debate about Asterix beside stars?
Nope, it’s a statement of fact
Jonny tight lips
Graduate

Post by Jonny tight lips »

Theleinsterlad wrote: April 2nd, 2021, 11:41 pm On the debate of asterisks beside stars, in the years I’ve watched champions cup rugby not once has a commentator or any fan mentioned when talking about the mighty Toulouse’s 4 stars that one should really have an asterisks beside their first. Neither will anyone in a couple of years on Exeter’s. It will be discussed in the present and then left in the past as this competition continues into the future - a win is a win and a title is a title

Well said
Logorrhea
Shane Horgan

Post by Logorrhea »

Theleinsterlad wrote: April 2nd, 2021, 11:41 pm On the debate of asterisks beside stars, in the years I’ve watched champions cup rugby not once has a commentator or any fan mentioned when talking about the mighty Toulouse’s 4 stars that one should really have an asterisks beside their first. Neither will anyone in a couple of years on Exeter’s. It will be discussed in the present and then left in the past as this competition continues into the future - a win is a win and a title is a title
Yes. There is no right or wrong to it, its not a debate that can be won or lost, but I would like to point out that you have just referenced the asterix beside two other wins (and another reference to Ulster), while pointing out that no one would do such a thing.

The star will be added to whoever's shirt that wins the tournament, and rightly so, but there will be a lot of people remembering that it wasn't the real HEC. Again, its not a big deal, it is what it is and I'm happy they are at least playing it out, but we could possibly win the thing now having played 5 matches.
outcast eddie
Mullet

Post by outcast eddie »

LeinsterLeader
Seán Cronin

Post by LeinsterLeader »

Logorrhea wrote: April 3rd, 2021, 12:38 pm
Yes. There is no right or wrong to it, its not a debate that can be won or lost, but I would like to point out that you have just referenced the asterix beside two other wins (and another reference to Ulster), while pointing out that no one would do such a thing.

The star will be added to whoever's shirt that wins the tournament, and rightly so, but there will be a lot of people remembering that it wasn't the real HEC. Again, its not a big deal, it is what it is and I'm happy they are at least playing it out, but we could possibly win the thing now having played 5 matches.
Don't think that would be a record though. I think one of Toulouse's stars had only 4 matches behind it. Could be wrong about that. Anyone clarify? :shock:
Theleinsterlad
Enlightened

Post by Theleinsterlad »

LeinsterLeader wrote: April 3rd, 2021, 1:04 pm

Don't think that would be a record though. I think one of Toulouse's stars had only 4 matches behind it. Could be wrong about that. Anyone clarify? :shock:
Their first
Theleinsterlad
Enlightened

Post by Theleinsterlad »

Funnily enough I only started thinking about it because the discussion came up in here.
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

Post by mildlyinterested »

Toulon have reported several more cases of Covid-19 in their camp, leading to the postponement of this weekend's Top 14 clash with Montpellier.

https://twitter.com/Murray_Kinsella/sta ... 60709?s=20
Theleinsterlad
Enlightened

Post by Theleinsterlad »

mildlyinterested wrote: April 12th, 2021, 3:14 pm Toulon have reported several more cases of Covid-19 in their camp, leading to the postponement of this weekend's Top 14 clash with Montpellier.

Interesting if it was any front rowers??? We would possibly have been out of Exeter clash if our game had gone ahead and we won. Fair play ERC
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

Theleinsterlad wrote: April 12th, 2021, 4:05 pm
mildlyinterested wrote: April 12th, 2021, 3:14 pm Toulon have reported several more cases of Covid-19 in their camp, leading to the postponement of this weekend's Top 14 clash with Montpellier.

Interesting if it was any front rowers??? We would possibly have been out of Exeter clash if our game had gone ahead and we won. Fair play ERC
+1 :happy clapper: :happy clapper: :happy clapper: