Pro 14 Final vs Munster, March 27th. 5pm. @ The RDS.

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

Theleinsterlad
Enlightened

Re: Pro 14 Final vs Munster, March 27th. 5pm. @ The RDS.

Post by Theleinsterlad »

wixfjord wrote: March 19th, 2021, 10:16 pm We're going to have to patch together a team for next week. Frawley, Fardy and a few others who were unlikely to feature all went off.

We definitely need some power in the pack. Hopefully Baird, Porter & Rhys are available.

No idea who we're going to put in the centre if Frawley is unavailable.

Could be Harry, Ross and ROL at 10/12/13.
Last time they played Ross at 10 and Harry 12. With larmour on bench and Lowe coming back they could mix it up
Blueberry
Mullet

Post by Blueberry »

It will be a very tricky selection week coming up.....

Kinda struggling to work it all out to be honest.

Leo and Stu will earn their chocolate digestives this week.
leinster23
Bookworm

Post by leinster23 »

wixfjord wrote: March 19th, 2021, 10:16 pm We're going to have to patch together a team for next week. Frawley, Fardy and a few others who were unlikely to feature all went off.

We definitely need some power in the pack. Hopefully Baird, Porter & Rhys are available.

When did Frawley go off? Thought he was still on at the end, could be wrong though. Depending on whether Henshaw is available that would be a huge blow. Ross Byrne in the centres has worked well so far but De Allende would fancy a crack at him you'd think. Hopefully it doesn't come to that.

Fardy would be a loss if he's out, we're running short on fit lock/backrowers as it is, 4. Baird 5. Toner 19. Molony wouldn't be the end of the world but isn't dreamland either. Was worried about Penny too but he came back on so he must be okay. Pretty sure that along with he and Murphy, Ruddock, Josh and Conan are our only fit backrowers so he's likely to be involved next week assuming he's fit.

Very hard to guess what kind of team we'll see. The best we have to go off is probably the Montpeilliers game earlier this year but that was against worse opposition. Anyway, Henshaw, Doris and Keenan all started that game having played for Ireland the previous week so we should have some leeway with selection.
outcast eddie
Mullet

Post by outcast eddie »

At least Munster analysis of the Ospreys game won't give much away. :D
The odds are good but the goods are odd.
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

leinster23 wrote: March 20th, 2021, 4:48 am

When did Frawley go off? Thought he was still on at the end, could be wrong though. Depending on whether Henshaw is available that would be a huge blow. Ross Byrne in the centres has worked well so far but De Allende would fancy a crack at him you'd think. Hopefully it doesn't come to that.

Fardy would be a loss if he's out, we're running short on fit lock/backrowers as it is, 4. Baird 5. Toner 19. Molony wouldn't be the end of the world but isn't dreamland either. Was worried about Penny too but he came back on so he must be okay. Pretty sure that along with he and Murphy, Ruddock, Josh and Conan are our only fit backrowers so he's likely to be involved next week assuming he's fit.

Very hard to guess what kind of team we'll see. The best we have to go off is probably the Montpeilliers game earlier this year but that was against worse opposition. Anyway, Henshaw, Doris and Keenan all started that game having played for Ireland the previous week so we should have some leeway with selection.
Yeah Frawley went off right at the end.

Looking at the Irish minutes played, and without seeing what our injury situation is like after today, we could put out something like:
Dooley, Tracy, Porter/Furlong, Baird, Toner, Rhys, Penny, Conan, Luke, Ross, Lowe, Frawley/Harry, ROL, DK, Larmour
Kelleher, Byrne, Bent, Molony, Josh M/Fardy, JGP, Harry, JOB

It's the backline selection that's the big question, particularly the availability of JOB, Frawley and Lowe/Larmour from Ireland.

Having Conan and one of the Irish THs available would be a big boost too.
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

On the positive side, I'm hugely looking forward to seeing Scott Penny start at 7 in a final against Munster, and possibly Harry start at 10/12 too.
Blueberry
Mullet

Post by Blueberry »

Could well be Harry at 10 and Ross at 12.

Backrow of Ruddock, Conan and Penny would be fine and suspect it will could be Toner and Baird in the row.

Anyone have any idea what happened to Fardy ?

We could really do with him next weekend.
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

Blueberry wrote: March 20th, 2021, 12:52 pm Could well be Harry at 10 and Ross at 12.

Backrow of Ruddock, Conan and Penny would be fine and suspect it will could be Toner and Baird in the row.

I think Ross will start, and then it's up to whether Frawley is fit. If he is, I'd start him at 12. If he isn't I'd probably go Harry at 10 and Ross at 12.

We'll be under big pressure against De Allende & Farrell though.
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

Blueberry wrote: March 20th, 2021, 12:52 pm Could well be Harry at 10 and Ross at 12.

I don’t know for sure but he took a blow to the head a couple of minutes before going off and looked a bit ropey when he got up.
Theleinsterlad
Enlightened

Post by Theleinsterlad »

wixfjord wrote: March 20th, 2021, 11:17 am On the positive side, I'm hugely looking forward to seeing Scott Penny start at 7 in a final against Munster, and possibly Harry start at 10/12 too.
Scott looked very banged up last night and it won’t surprise me if he has joined the injury list, otherwise I agree would be great to see him and like Connors last year deserves it on performance
Ruckedtobits
Rob Kearney

Post by Ruckedtobits »

Unless I've missed some formal statement to the contrary, I can't see any reason why Leo will not have a free hand in selection for next week. I fully expect Leinster to select a team of current internationals.

Healy, Kelleher,Furlong
Ryan, Baird (Fardy)
JVdF, Conan, Ruddock
JGP, J10
Robbie H, Ringer
Lowe, Keenan, Larmour

Treacy, Dooley, Porter, Dev, Penny, LMcG, Ross B, RO'L

These guys are fit and will want a trophy. The following week takes care of itself after next weekend.
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

Ruckedtobits wrote: March 20th, 2021, 4:39 pm Unless I've missed some formal statement to the contrary, I can't see any reason why Leo will not have a free hand in selection for next week. I fully expect Leinster to select a team of current internationals.

Healy, Kelleher,Furlong
Ryan, Baird (Fardy)
JVdF, Conan, Ruddock
JGP, J10
Robbie H, Ringer
Lowe, Keenan, Larmour

These guys are fit and will want a trophy. The following week takes care of itself after next weekend.
I think you’ll be dissapointed.
Blue not red blood
Mullet

Post by Blue not red blood »

Kilcoyne looks the only one who looks to be out for next SAT
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

wixfjord wrote: March 20th, 2021, 5:08 pm
Ruckedtobits wrote: March 20th, 2021, 4:39 pm Unless I've missed some formal statement to the contrary, I can't see any reason why Leo will not have a free hand in selection for next week. I fully expect Leinster to select a team of current internationals.

Healy, Kelleher,Furlong
Ryan, Baird (Fardy)
JVdF, Conan, Ruddock
JGP, J10
Robbie H, Ringer
Lowe, Keenan, Larmour

Yeah can't see that happening. Isn't Ringrose out for the season know?
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
desperado
Mullet

Post by desperado »

blockhead wrote: March 20th, 2021, 10:50 pm
wixfjord wrote: March 20th, 2021, 5:08 pm

Healy, Kelleher,Furlong
Ryan, Baird (Fardy)
JVdF, Conan, Ruddock
JGP, J10
Robbie H, Ringer
Lowe, Keenan, Larmour

Yeah can't see that happening. Isn't Ringrose out for the season know?
Ringer out for 4 to 6 weeks was what I heard.
leinsterforever
Mullet

Post by leinsterforever »

If it's Henshaw and O'Loughlin in the centre I think it would be better to go with ROL at 12 and Henshaw at 13. You see more of Henshaw's attacking ability when he has more space and time at outside centre, and it's certainly my perception that ROL has had more standout performances at 12 than at 13 - relative to the amount he's played in each position anyway. He was motm at 12 recently v Zebre and also at home to Bath in '18/'19. He probably only has a handful of starts in the 12 jersey (less than 10?) but he's stepped up pretty well there. He was excellent replacing Nacewa early on in the league final in the double winning year. I like his passing game. I think they would be more potent going forward with that at 12 and Henshaw wider out.
Blueberry
Mullet

Post by Blueberry »

LeRouxIsPHat wrote: March 20th, 2021, 1:39 pm

I don’t know for sure but he took a blow to the head a couple of minutes before going off and looked a bit ropey when he got up.
Okay thanks, hope he is okay. Assuming Ryan is out (anyone any ideas here ?) then Fardy becomes important and his street smarts v Munster would be handy.
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

Blue not red blood wrote: March 20th, 2021, 8:53 pm Kilcoyne looks the only one who looks to be out for next SAT
Ironically, this forced Healy to play a lot more minutes that he was expecting. He'll probably bench next weekend.
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
neiliog93
Shane Horgan

Post by neiliog93 »

Beirne might also be out for them.
"This is breathless stuff.....it's on again. Contepomi out to Hickie,D'Arcy,Hickie.......................HICKIE FOR THE CORNER! THAT IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jonny tight lips
Graduate

Post by Jonny tight lips »

James Ryan should be back?