Pro 14 Final vs Munster, March 27th. 5pm. @ The RDS.

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

cormac
Rob Kearney

Re: Pro 14 Final vs Munster, March 27th. 5pm. @ The RDS.

Post by cormac »

mildlyinterested wrote: March 30th, 2021, 3:34 pm MUNSTER SENIOR COACH Stephen Larkham says the Pro14 final defeat to Leinster last weekend was “fairly evenly matched.”

The southern province were level at 6-6 at half time after Leinster had missed a series of try-scoring chances but Leo Cullen and Staurt Lancaster’s scored through Jack Conan to help them pull clear in the second 40 minutes.

Munster failed to threaten Leinster to any great extent in attack but Larkham today stated his belief that there wasn’t any clear gap between the teams.

“It was one of those games that just crept away from us,” said Larkham. “We’ve spoken a fair bit about belief this morning. That’s a key message. Are they better than us? They were better than us on the day.

“There’s some stats that if you look at it, they made more mistakes than us when they had their hands on the ball. They kicked more than us throughout the game.

“It was fairly evenly-matched throughout the whole game and the one thing we really take out of it is that we’ve got the game plan and the skill there. We’ve just got to beat them on the day by better execution in certain parts of the game.”

https://www.the42.ie/munster-leinster-s ... 6-Mar2021/
Taxi for Larkham
Look out Itchy, he's Irish
hugonaut
Shane Jennings

Post by hugonaut »

Peg Leg wrote: March 30th, 2021, 5:06 pm
mildlyinterested wrote: March 30th, 2021, 3:34 pm MUNSTER SENIOR COACH Stephen Larkham says the Pro14 final defeat to Leinster last weekend was “fairly evenly matched.”

The southern province were level at 6-6 at half time after Leinster had missed a series of try-scoring chances but Leo Cullen and Staurt Lancaster’s scored through Jack Conan to help them pull clear in the second 40 minutes.

Munster failed to threaten Leinster to any great extent in attack but Larkham today stated his belief that there wasn’t any clear gap between the teams.

“It was one of those games that just crept away from us,” said Larkham. “We’ve spoken a fair bit about belief this morning. That’s a key message. Are they better than us? They were better than us on the day.

“There’s some stats that if you look at it, they made more mistakes than us when they had their hands on the ball. They kicked more than us throughout the game.

“It was fairly evenly-matched throughout the whole game and the one thing we really take out of it is that we’ve got the game plan and the skill there. We’ve just got to beat them on the day by better execution in certain parts of the game.”

See now, I would just lose confidence in my leaders if they were full of shite. This is pure Sean Spicer level bullshit.
The guy is a legend of the game, but that's just not accurate. And in fact, it's enough of a distortion to be dishonest.

I get the idea about belief. Just stick with that. They've only lost 3 of 19 games this season, and they weren't hockeyed out the gate in any of those three games - a 5 point loss in Ravenhill, a 3 point loss in Thomond [to us] and a 10 point loss in the RDS.
Blueberry
Mullet

Post by Blueberry »

Theleinsterlad wrote: March 30th, 2021, 3:50 pm

Well if that’s what he’s saying and he believes it you can understand why Munster have not improved since our semifinal with them last year. If I was a Munster fan reading that I’d pull my hair out
Understand he has to put up a brave front but if actually believes any of that shi*e my 6 old has more 'rugby knowledge' than this clown.
Blueberry
Mullet

Post by Blueberry »

Theleinsterlad wrote: March 30th, 2021, 3:50 pm

Well if that’s what he’s saying and he believes it you can understand why Munster have not improved since our semifinal with them last year. If I was a Munster fan reading that I’d pull my hair out
Understand he has to put up a brave front but if actually believes any of that shi*e my 6 old has more 'rugby knowledge' than this clown.
Ruckedtobits
Rob Kearney

Post by Ruckedtobits »

If one team has 70% possession, it's likely they'll also make more mistakes in possession than the team without only 30% - in absolute numbers. However if Larkham believes Munster had the right Game Plan and the match was fairly even, he is deluding himself and lacks any objectivity.
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

Belief.
Munster are usually a confident team that believe in themselves.
If you park the pr in Larkham's comments it's quite clear that he thinks Munster don't believe in themselves when they are playing Leinster - "we talked about belief a lot".
A LOT
Basically we're now a monkey on Munster's shoulders.
Larkham is right but it's also clear that he's at a loss as to how to rectify the problem.
I don't know whether I rate Larkham as a coach or not but I don't rate VDG and if he signed/recommended Larkham then therein is another problem.
Munster need a reboot.
Penney was the nearest coach to achieving that
They need to find another like him and this time stick with him (ie Stop signing SA coaches and start looking at NZ coaches) and then they need to be patient, patience is a virtue.
EDIT
And the IRFU need to tell them to "make it so" As soon as Contractual Obligations permit.
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

You can't expect Larkham to come out and be a realist (ie all doom and gloom) a few days before a game that will be either total redemption or absolute disaster.
And Munster are a good team, one of the very best in Europe, that's a fact. Their record in Europe is testament to that and they are one game away from another semi against Wasps or a team they have already beaten this season.
They are unbeaten at fortress Thomond in 4 years, if you dont count Leinster of course who win down their 75% of the time.
And that's their problem, us :D .
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
Theleinsterlad
Enlightened

Post by Theleinsterlad »

blockhead wrote: March 30th, 2021, 11:39 pm You can't expect Larkham to come out and be a realist (ie all doom and gloom) a few days before a game that will be either total redemption or absolute disaster.
And Munster are a good team, one of the very best in Europe, that's a fact. Their record in Europe is testament to that and they are one game away from another semi against Wasps or a team they have already beaten this season.
They are unbeaten at fortress Thomond in 4 years, if you dont count Leinster of course who win down their 75% of the time.
No it’s not just us, they have been left wanting against other major teams in Europe for the last several years. I would say the opposite he should have come out and said our tactics were poor the team showed fight in holding out Leinster for so long but they gave too much of momentum to Leinster and that needed to change for Toulouse at weekend. Any half decent rugby fan can see how poor their tactics were in the final
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

3 provinces have squad building coaches and setups. They understand that their ultimate job is to supply players to the national team and winning is secondary but still very important.

They are building sustainable success (and Connacht did get a solid 2nd place this year).

Munster haven’t really bought into that and from before JvG.
bluemagic
Enlightened

Post by bluemagic »

blockhead wrote: March 30th, 2021, 11:39 pm You can't expect Larkham to come out and be a realist (ie all doom and gloom) a few days before a game that will be either total redemption or absolute disaster.
One game away from a quarter*
**** LEINSTER Champions Of Europe 2009/2011/2012/2018 ****
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

My favourite post from MFS on the matchtread
Look at that pr1ck Lowe jump up and cheer when Earlsie knocks on. Langer
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Classic MFSs
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
Oldschoolsocks
Shane Horgan

Post by Oldschoolsocks »

blockhead wrote: March 31st, 2021, 8:42 pm My favourite post from MFS on the matchtread
Look at that pr1ck Lowe jump up and cheer when Earlsie knocks on. Langer
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Classic MFSs
that place is pure entertainment
Serb
Mullet

Post by Serb »

They just hate Lowe so much, it’s gas.
John23
Enlightened

Post by John23 »

I seem to recall they hated Felipe in pretty much the same way. Loathed him in actual fact.
“Somedays you're the pigeon, somedays you're the statue.”
Theleinsterlad
Enlightened

Post by Theleinsterlad »

John23 wrote: March 31st, 2021, 10:21 pm I seem to recall they hated Felipe in pretty much the same way. Loathed him in actual fact.
For the same reason:- both of them understood the rivalry between Leinster and Munster and show it on their sleeve when playing against Munster
LeinsterLeader
Seán Cronin

Post by LeinsterLeader »

This will hurt a bit down in Shelbyville. The power of the Parish :shock:

https://extra.ie/2021/04/02/sport/rugby ... sty-parish

Things can change very quickly in sport though.
Xanthippe
Shane Horgan

Post by Xanthippe »

LeinsterLeader wrote: April 2nd, 2021, 12:13 pm This will hurt a bit down in Shelbyville. The power of the Parish :shock:

It’s more than a bit nasty to Lames Lowe - had to look at the journo’s name as I fully expected to see Luke Fitzgerald’s name up there!!!
#LiveLifeLoveLeinster

#BeSeenBeHeardBeBlueBELIEVE

I'm a Book Mark and damn proud of it. Storm 1:08 forever
Oldschoolsocks
Shane Horgan

Post by Oldschoolsocks »

Xanthippe wrote: April 2nd, 2021, 2:16 pm
LeinsterLeader wrote: April 2nd, 2021, 12:13 pm This will hurt a bit down in Shelbyville. The power of the Parish :shock:

It’s more than a bit nasty to Lames Lowe - had to look at the journo’s name as I fully expected to see Luke Fitzgerald’s name up there!!!
Hugh Farrelly, another utter tool of a man
Jonny tight lips
Graduate

Post by Jonny tight lips »

Looks like they will be spending the next 2 weeks plotting their revenge, as they have nothing else to play for you would
imagine they will be sending up their best 23. Be interesting to see what team Leo puts out if we’re still in Europe, would be great to do them for the 7th time in a row.
Oldschoolsocks
Shane Horgan

Post by Oldschoolsocks »

So now the reason that Munster lost is that Joy Neville was afraid to tell the ref that Andrew Porter should have been given a red card.

It’s gas