Pro 14 Final vs Munster, March 27th. 5pm. @ The RDS.

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

Re: Pro 14 Final vs Munster, March 27th.

Post by mildlyinterested »

Keith wrote: March 13th, 2021, 3:41 pm
mildlyinterested wrote: March 13th, 2021, 1:40 pm Ross to start final with Harry on the bench?

Or what do people think?

Penny to start at 7 or JVDF?
Penny has to start surely. You have to reward the players that have got us to here.
So Harry to start?
Keith
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Keith »

mildlyinterested wrote: March 13th, 2021, 4:33 pm
mildlyinterested wrote: March 13th, 2021, 1:40 pm Ross to start final with Harry on the bench?

Or what do people think?

Penny has to start surely. You have to reward the players that have got us to here.
So Harry to start?
If he's fit enough I'd be happy for him to play.
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

Keith wrote: March 13th, 2021, 4:37 pm
mildlyinterested wrote: March 13th, 2021, 4:33 pm

So Harry to start?
If he's fit enough I'd be happy for him to play.
Yeah same. And penny.
cormac
Rob Kearney

Post by cormac »

I'm guessing we'll get a few of the international squad back for this, particularly those that haven't been regular starters.

I'd expect Ed Byrne, Baird, Ruddock, VDF, Conan and Ross Byrne to be all available and we might get Kelleher, Porter and Larmour too.
Look out Itchy, he's Irish
Blue Man
Enlightened

Post by Blue Man »

Difficult to predict what sort of side he’ll go with. Centre is the biggest concern for me. Wouldn’t be my preference but I could see a Byrne-Byrne 10/12 axis being picked. Looks like James Lowe might be back, JOB at fullback, ROL at 13. I thought Conan was quiet today when he came on. Bottom line is, whilst it’s a messed up season and a somewhat artificial final, it’s still a final against our bitter rivals so we need to get 15 players on the pitch to win the match.
backrower8
Mullet

Post by backrower8 »

Conan had 8 tackles and 1 carry in 16 minutes.
D4surfer
Mullet

Post by D4surfer »

Blue Man wrote: March 14th, 2021, 10:33 pm Difficult to predict what sort of side he’ll go with. Centre is the biggest concern for me. Wouldn’t be my preference but I could see a Byrne-Byrne 10/12 axis being picked. Looks like James Lowe might be back, JOB at fullback, ROL at 13. I thought Conan was quiet today when he came on. Bottom line is, whilst it’s a messed up season and a somewhat artificial final, it’s still a final against our bitter rivals so we need to get 15 players on the pitch to win the match.
I love the guy, but the way he's played the last few times for Ireland, I'm not sure I really want Lowe playing.
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

Yeah right now, there is no case for Lowe to start ahead of Dave in either the final or against Toulon.
LeinsterLeader
Seán Cronin

Post by LeinsterLeader »

I think it's hard to argue with the argument for DK over Lowe at the moment but to be fair to JL, JL for Ireland and JL for Leinster are two totally different players.

Every time he get it for Ireland all he's asked to do is kick it away (same with JGP and box-kicking). He looks like he hates it!
RoboProp
Shane Horgan

Post by RoboProp »

Or what do people think?

We could continue with the Penny at 8, if Conan is unavailable, so 6 Ruddock, 7 Josh, 8 Penny?
Lock9541
Graduate

Post by Lock9541 »

LeinsterLeader wrote: March 15th, 2021, 10:38 am I think it's hard to argue with the argument for DK over Lowe at the moment but to be fair to JL, JL for Ireland and JL for Leinster are two totally different players.

Every time he get it for Ireland all he's asked to do is kick it away (same with JGP and box-kicking). He looks like he hates it!
Lowe’s defence isn’t good enough. DK deserves to start ahead of him based on his current form.
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

Let's not be too kneejerk about J Lowe lads and lassies.

He has shown more than enough in blue, and more particularly against Munster, for us to write him off that quick.

I do agree though DK is undroppable at the minute.
RoboProp
Shane Horgan

Post by RoboProp »

wixfjord wrote: March 15th, 2021, 1:53 pm Let's not be too kneejerk about J Lowe lads and lassies.

He has shown more than enough in blue, and more particularly against Munster, for us to write him off that quick.

He's playing in an environment that is very alien to him, and it has notably affected his game. I have no concerns when he's back in blue he'll be scoring tries for fun once more
hugonaut
Shane Jennings

Post by hugonaut »

RoboProp wrote: March 15th, 2021, 2:43 pm
wixfjord wrote: March 15th, 2021, 1:53 pm Let's not be too kneejerk about J Lowe lads and lassies.

He's playing in an environment that is very alien to him, and it has notably affected his game. I have no concerns when he's back in blue he'll be scoring tries for fun once more
100%. Can't wait to get him back for Leinster. His defense has been sh*te for Ireland but he leads the tournament in metres gained [by a lot: https://www.sixnationsrugby.com/statistics/ ] despite the fact that our attack has been appalling.
IanD
Official Mascot

Post by IanD »

And the motivational talk writes itself.

In my head this is how it goes.

In the team room the squad are sitting around (socially distanced of course) a whiteboard with Leo Cullen and Stuart Lancaster standing beside it. They have just finished discussing the plans for the Munster match.

James Lowe sits quietly at the back of the room looking very down. Leo Cullen seeks him out and says

LC - "James WE all know what you can do with a rugby ball. The Leinster Supporters know what you can do on a rugby pitch. All you need to do now is to go remind the rugby world what you can really do. Forget the last 2 months - you are back home now go show them what you are truly capable of. This is your moment just take it"

James Lowe looks up a smile touches his lips but quickly disappears. He looks down to the floor again.

SL- "James I could blow smoke up your behind reminding you how strong you are, how fast you are and how talented you are. But you know that we all know that. As Leo said you are home again where we believe in you. Everyone just get the ball to James in good positions. James, big game on the big stage. You were made for this."

James Lowe looks up again and looks Stuart Lancaster in the eye and nods. He starts to smile but it fades quickly and he looks away.

Jonny Sexton turns in his chair in the front row and says.

JS - "I know from experience what it feels like to be Hated by Munster Fans and you my friend are really Hated by Munster Fans. 7 games against them and 4 trys. And don't forget the Red Card. How could we forget the Red Card? Remember that in every tackle you make. Remember that in every contact you make. Remember that in every stride you take towards their try line. Don't ever forget it. Let's give them an opportunity to hate you even more. You are home now score more trys."

James Lowe starts to smile. The smile doesn't leave his face. The rest of the squad start grinning cheering and laughing. JL moves to the top of the room. He takes up a marker and says.

JL- 'Just give me the ball here and I will do this this .........."

https://youtu.be/os8FxkBTYu0

The squad raise James Lowe onto their shoulders and he is carried aloft out of the room.

When the Squad come back into the room James Lowe addresses the assembled players and coaches.

JL- "Thanks everyone you make a guy feel really appreciated. But remember I am no hero I am just a guy who plays rugby. The real hero fly's a Giant Flag in the North Stand. Fact."

My film making course is really paying off.😉😉😁😁
Treat life like a dog: If you can't eat it, play with it, or hump it, p1$$ on it and walk away!
Keith
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Keith »

RoboProp wrote: March 15th, 2021, 12:51 pm

Or what do people think?

We could continue with the Penny at 8, if Conan is unavailable, so 6 Ruddock, 7 Josh, 8 Penny?
I would be comfortable with Penny in any of the backrow positions at the minute, he's just in that sort of form at the minute. Who knows maybe it'll be Penny who will get rested for this to face Toulon :D
alanair
Mullet

Post by alanair »

IanD wrote: March 15th, 2021, 2:58 pm

And the motivational talk writes itself.

In my head this is how it goes.

In the team room the squad are sitting around (socially distanced of course) a whiteboard with Leo Cullen and Stuart Lancaster standing beside it. They have just finished discussing the plans for the Munster match.

James Lowe sits quietly at the back of the room looking very down. Leo Cullen seeks him out and says

LC - "James WE all know what you can do with a rugby ball. The Leinster Supporters know what you can do on a rugby pitch. All you need to do now is to go remind the rugby world what you can really do. Forget the last 2 months - you are back home now go show them what you are truly capable of. This is your moment just take it"

James Lowe looks up a smile touches his lips but quickly disappears. He looks down to the floor again.

SL- "James I could blow smoke up your behind reminding you how strong you are, how fast you are and how talented you are. But you know that we all know that. As Leo said you are home again where we believe in you. Everyone just get the ball to James in good positions. James, big game on the big stage. You were made for this."

James Lowe looks up again and looks Stuart Lancaster in the eye and nods. He starts to smile but it fades quickly and he looks away.

Jonny Sexton turns in his chair in the front row and says.

JS - "I know from experience what it feels like to be Hated by Munster Fans and you my friend are really Hated by Munster Fans. 7 games against them and 4 trys. And don't forget the Red Card. How could we forget the Red Card? Remember that in every tackle you make. Remember that in every contact you make. Remember that in every stride you take towards their try line. Don't ever forget it. Let's give them an opportunity to hate you even more. You are home now score more trys."

James Lowe starts to smile. The smile doesn't leave his face. The rest of the squad start grinning cheering and laughing. JL moves to the top of the room. He takes up a marker and says.

JL- 'Just give me the ball here and I will do this this .........."

https://youtu.be/os8FxkBTYu0

The squad raise James Lowe onto their shoulders and he is carried aloft out of the room.

When the Squad come back into the room James Lowe addresses the assembled players and coaches.

JL- "Thanks everyone you make a guy feel really appreciated. But remember I am no hero I am just a guy who plays rugby. The real hero fly's a Giant Flag in the North Stand. Fact."

My film making course is really paying off.😉😉😁😁
I was really buying this until the last part......

Thanks everyone you make a guy feel really appreciated. But remember I am no hero I am just a guy who plays rugby. The real hero fly's a Giant Flag in the North Stand. Fact."

... ye blew it kid !!!! :D :D
BigL
Learner

Post by BigL »

What I wouldn't give to be in my seat in the South Stand, seeing the big flag in the North Stand corner, as Lowe adds to his tally against Munster... TV will have to do unfortunately.
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

hugonaut wrote: March 15th, 2021, 2:49 pm
RoboProp wrote: March 15th, 2021, 2:43 pm

100%. Can't wait to get him back for Leinster. His defense has been sh*te for Ireland but he leads the tournament in metres gained [by a lot: https://www.sixnationsrugby.com/statistics/ ] despite the fact that our attack has been appalling.
Wow. We have 3 of the top 5 for carries, metres and turnovers won. Didn’t expect that.
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

We have 6 of the top 10 for carries. Other countries have at most 1. I think that shows how different a game we are playing.