Pro 14 Final vs Munster, March 27th. 5pm. @ The RDS.

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

munster#1
Shane Jennings

Re: Pro 14 Final vs Munster, March 27th. 5pm. @ The RDS.

Post by munster#1 »

mildlyinterested wrote: March 23rd, 2021, 10:16 am
munster#1 wrote: March 23rd, 2021, 10:15 am
cormac wrote: March 23rd, 2021, 10:07 am

99% certain that CJ made his decision some time ago and told Munster but it was only announced last week.
Hard to know what the truth is. I’m hearing that CJ was still in negotiations up until early Feb, which was around the same time that news broke of Zebo’s possible departure.

Additionally, I doubt that any unknown South African would be on enough money to block a move for Zebo.

Real shame if this is true, and if it is, I really hope that one of the other provinces snap up Zebo.
:lol:
Can you please stop being such a WUM.
If you have a point, elaborate on it, if not don’t, but your behaviour is extremely childish.
Just because a post upsets you, that doesn’t mean that it is wrong. People have different views in all aspects of life, this is a key ingredient to an interesting conversation.
Jonny tight lips
Graduate

Post by Jonny tight lips »

Refs announced yet? Between the citing and the crocked line out there were two huge decisions missed last time we played although they probably evened out as I imagine if we were playing against 14 for a considerable amount of time we might of had another opportunity to get a score.

Just hope we’re not talking about the refs monday,
Last edited by Jonny tight lips on March 23rd, 2021, 11:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Flash Gordon
Leo Cullen

Post by Flash Gordon »

munster#1 wrote: March 23rd, 2021, 10:24 am

If you have a point, elaborate on it, if not don’t, but your behaviour is extremely childish.
You've not seen the video clip when Zebo is asked would he play for Leinster and he talks about how much he hates us and that he wouldn't play for Leinster for €5million a year? I'd say a deal would be done but he's not getting a central contract and Munster aren't flush with cash so we'll have to see what happens. Additionally, Munster are actually pretty well set for back 3 players so, while he would be a tremendous addition he's possibly not "business critical".
Flash ahhhh ahhh, he'll save every one of us
munster#1
Shane Jennings

Post by munster#1 »

Flash Gordon wrote: March 23rd, 2021, 10:53 am

You've not seen the video clip when Zebo is asked would he play for Leinster and he talks about how much he hates us and that he wouldn't play for Leinster for €5million a year? I'd say a deal would be done but he's not getting a central contract and Munster aren't flush with cash so we'll have to see what happens. Additionally, Munster are actually pretty well set for back 3 players so, while he would be a tremendous addition he's possibly not "business critical".
There are other provinces. I just hope a player of his ability is not lost.
At the moment Ireland are not exactly in a great position with regards to back 3 players, so in my opinion Zebo would definitely improve those options.

I do agree with you that the signing of Zebo would not be critical for Munster, but he would be a very welcome addition.
Having been very critical of Haley in the past, I think he is almost undroppable right now, but Munster are not flush with depth at fullback, and Zebo on current form would probably start ahead of Conway.
Just because a post upsets you, that doesn’t mean that it is wrong. People have different views in all aspects of life, this is a key ingredient to an interesting conversation.
Jonny tight lips
Graduate

munster#1 wrote: March 23rd, 2021, 11:09 am
Flash Gordon wrote: March 23rd, 2021, 10:53 am

There are other provinces. I just hope a player of his ability is not lost.
At the moment Ireland are not exactly in a great position with regards to back 3 players, so in my opinion Zebo would definitely improve those options.

I do agree with you that the signing of Zebo would not be critical for Munster, but he would be a very welcome addition.
Having been very critical of Haley in the past, I think he is almost undroppable right now, but Munster are not flush with depth at fullback, and Zebo on current form would probably start ahead of Conway.
As a Leinster fan I think it would be great to see Zebo back at Munster. Whilst I don’t see all the Munster games I get the opinion Haley only shows up against the weaker teams and I’m yet to be impressed seeing him play against us, reminds me a bit of Billy Burns in that has a lot of backers in the province but haven’t seen him show well in the bigger games that I have seen. Keenan is doing well for Ireland and whilst I imagine Zebo could take his place I wouldn’t say he’s a guaranteed starter if he came back in the morning so I wouldn’t have him on a central contract. Muster found the money for a couple World Cup winners last year and if they could fund Zebo I’d love to see him down there.
The Doc
Rhys Ruddock

Post by The Doc »

munster#1 wrote: March 23rd, 2021, 10:15 am Real shame if this is true, and if it is, I really hope that one of the other provinces snap up Zebo.
Now wouldn't that be a tough call for Zebo - Munster can't offer anything and the only available route back to Ireland was a Leinster contract 8)

Could he get over the icky feeling? :lol:
I like your right leg. A lovely leg for the role.
I've got nothing against your right leg.
The trouble is ... neither have you
munster#1
Shane Jennings

Post by munster#1 »

The Doc wrote: March 23rd, 2021, 11:37 am
munster#1 wrote: March 23rd, 2021, 10:15 am Real shame if this is true, and if it is, I really hope that one of the other provinces snap up Zebo.
Now wouldn't that be a tough call for Zebo - Munster can't offer anything and the only available route back to Ireland was a Leinster contract 8)

He’d probably wear a Munster shirt under his Leinster one.
The Doc
Rhys Ruddock

Post by The Doc »

munster#1 wrote: March 23rd, 2021, 11:51 am He’d probably wear a Munster shirt under his Leinster one.
I like your right leg. A lovely leg for the role.
I've got nothing against your right leg.
The trouble is ... neither have you
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

There's one ex Munster and Ireland player who is leaving Racing at the end of the season that I would like to see Leinster sign.

And it ain't Zebo.
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

Post by mildlyinterested »

Mike Adamson to ref
Serb
Mullet

Post by Serb »

Don’t see Zebo coming back to Ireland. He wouldn’t play for Leinster, Ulster have some excellent back three options in Lowry, Mcilroy, Stockdale and Balacoune. Same for Munster with Earls, Conway, Daly and Haley. I don’t think he really improves any viable province and would be looking for good money presumably.

On Haley, I think he’s actually a bit of a gem. He showed up against us in the last game IMO, his kicking from hand was outstanding in that game, he’s very good positionally and is very quick. I like him.
LeinsterLeader
Seán Cronin

Post by LeinsterLeader »

mildlyinterested wrote: March 23rd, 2021, 12:34 pm Mike Adamson to ref
Joy neville to TMO
alanair
Mullet

Post by alanair »

munster#1 wrote: March 23rd, 2021, 11:51 am

He’d probably wear a Munster shirt under his Leinster one.
In the unlikely event.... Leinster would have one less Season ticket holder anyway .....
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

Post by mildlyinterested »

Guinness PRO14 Final – Match Officials

Leinster v Munster (RDS Arena, 27 March, KO 5pm)
Referee: Mike Adamson (SRU, 51st Championship appearance)
AR1: Sean Gallagher (IRFU)
AR2: Chris Busby (IRFU)
TMO: Joy Neville (IRFU)
Jonny tight lips
Graduate

LeinsterLeader wrote: March 23rd, 2021, 1:03 pm
mildlyinterested wrote: March 23rd, 2021, 12:34 pm Mike Adamson to ref
Joy neville to TMO
You’d think for the final they could look find Refs not from any of the teams involved .... maybe we should be grateful there are no former players. And before people go on about covid we just had a six nations with neutral refs. It’s the final for god sake
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

Chris Busby is an excellent ref. I know he’s from the Ulster branch but I don’t suppose anyone knows if he reffed in Dublin too? I’m nearly sure he reffed games I played in down here years ago.
Sugary tae
Bookworm

Post by Sugary tae »

Always felt zebo was a silly boy refusing to pass microphones in the past. Boxing himself in with any future negotiations.
While he’d certainly be an great addition I’d wonder if we’re better off sticking with some of the other younger lads. Or if he’s coming back we may need to loan one out. He’s a great man for a try. Still plenty to offer. Would still make an ireland squad in my opinion. We’ll get him cheaply if his options are limited. Will need to retire within Eu for tax rebate so brexitland is out.

I’d be surprised if we were shopping for a backrow. Plenty of young lads who need minutes. Between Wycherley coombes jos jod cloete beirne kendellan hurley hodnett and Pom I think we should be ok.
Black hole at hooker though. Malcolm Marx would be nice 😂
joooooe
Enlightened

Post by joooooe »

He might, but I'm not sure I could.
Sugary tae
Bookworm

Post by Sugary tae »

Sounds like both teams will have full teams which is to beapplauded. Win or lose the league needs a showcase final
munster#1
Shane Jennings

Post by munster#1 »

The one player that I really hope will be rested for Leinster is Henshaw, he has been a great signing for Leinster, and is currently in the form of his life.

IMO he is the best centre in Europe right now, and his ability to switch between 12 and 13 will be a nightmare for Munster.

If I were to add another player it would be Furlong, who despite is long layoff, is in great form.