Zebre v Leinster Friday 17.45 Eir

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Re: Zebre v Leinster Friday 17.45 Eir

Post by wixfjord »

Full game is on YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHBU-cN ... heRugbyFan

Our build up for the first try was excellent. Loads of energy, almost every carry making metres and some really good clear outs.

Having guys like Sheahan, Dunne & Soroka in the side gives us a physical hard edge.

Jack Dunne really looks like a guy who'll be very useful with the right coaching and motivation. He has all the physical gifts to go far.
hugonaut
Shane Jennings

Post by hugonaut »

wixfjord wrote: March 13th, 2021, 11:57 am The gametime given to guys like MOR, Osborne, Clarkson, Soroka, Turner & Hawkshaw this season is really going to stand to them going forward. Not sure all will make it in blue, but getting starts and minutes in the league must be a huge benefit at that age.
I'll tell you who is definitely going to make it: Jamie Osborne. Without a shadow of a doubt.
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

wixfjord wrote: March 13th, 2021, 12:10 pm Full game is on YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHBU-cN ... heRugbyFan

Our build up for the first try was excellent. Loads of energy, almost every carry making metres and some really good clear outs.

Having guys like Sheahan, Dunne & Soroka in the side gives us a physical hard edge.

Jack Dunne really looks like a guy who'll be very useful with the right coaching and motivation. He has all the physical gifts to go far.
Thanks for the link.
Reggie and Jackman doing commentary.
Question for the statisticians.
Jackman played for both Leinster and Connacht IIRC.
Did the two lads ever play together for Ireland and/or Leinster.
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

hugonaut wrote: March 13th, 2021, 12:35 pm
wixfjord wrote: March 13th, 2021, 11:57 am The gametime given to guys like MOR, Osborne, Clarkson, Soroka, Turner & Hawkshaw this season is really going to stand to them going forward. Not sure all will make it in blue, but getting starts and minutes in the league must be a huge benefit at that age.
I'll tell you who is definitely going to make it: Jamie Osborne. Without a shadow of a doubt.
He really does look excellent. Serious physical specimen and looks a naturally smart player too. Really good sign to see Harry spotting him outside and trusting him for that quick tap before the DK try too.

Be interesting to see where he ends up, I think he could be a very good 12.

It's crazy how young he is too. Camera flashed to him at one stage last night and he's only a chap like! He's still 6 months away from turning 20!
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

Could we have Reggie and Birch doing the commentary for the Leinster matches all the time, pleeeeze!!!!
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

I think we’ve simplified our game a little bit and are more direct now. We’ve got a huge pack and we’re using it very well by getting them to run onto the ball and then pick and go at real pace if an opportunity opens up. Our support play is good as well in terms of flooding the channel and being there for the offload when someone does break through. Okay we got turned over a few times when we lost support but by and large it’s working well.

When you can do that and have two brilliant halfbacks who are feeling confident then the game really looks very simple when they play off that platform.

I think up until the last month or so I was saying at HT in every game that we needed to attack both sides of the ruck and pick and go more, I haven’t had to say it recently and our performances are all the better for it IMO.
erskinechilders
Knowledgeable

Post by erskinechilders »

HB passing before DK's 3rd try was ridiculous. Especially his last one where he is static at the line and generate's massive power to fling it out. I really hope he gets a shot in the big games coming up.
Blueberry
Mullet

Post by Blueberry »

riocard911 wrote: March 13th, 2021, 12:51 pm Could we have Reggie and Birch doing the commentary for the Leinster matches all the time, pleeeeze!!!!
Yes agreed, huge improvement....
Xanthippe
Shane Horgan

Post by Xanthippe »

Oldschool wrote: March 13th, 2021, 12:38 pm Jackman played for both Leinster and Connacht IIRC.
For Ireland they had a total of 12 minutes together - both went on the summer tour to Japan in June 2005 and both were on the bench for the 12 June and 19 June games. They both got 9 minutes on 12/06 and on 19/06 Reggie got 15 minutes and Berch got 3

They played together for Leinster in 05/06 and 06/07. In 05/06 they had 8 starts together and a further 3 games where Reggie started and Berch was on the bench. In 06/07 they started 2 games together and had an additional 13 games where one, other or both were on the bench (6 Berch starts with Reggie on bench, 3 Reggie starts with Berch on bench and 4 with both on bench)
#LiveLifeLoveLeinster

#BeSeenBeHeardBeBlueBELIEVE

I'm a Book Mark and damn proud of it. Storm 1:08 forever
alanair
Mullet

Post by alanair »

erskinechilders wrote: March 13th, 2021, 1:29 pm HB passing before DK's 3rd try was ridiculous. Especially his last one where he is static at the line and generate's massive power to fling it out. I really hope he gets a shot in the big games coming up.
‘Ridiculous’ ??? ... are you Liam Toland ???
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

I thought Zebre played some good rugby, finished strong and adapted to our defence.

When we got quick ball we were able to overstretch them.
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

Xanthippe wrote: March 13th, 2021, 6:03 pm
Oldschool wrote: March 13th, 2021, 12:38 pm Jackman played for both Leinster and Connacht IIRC.
For Ireland they had a total of 12 minutes together - both went on the summer tour to Japan in June 2005 and both were on the bench for the 12 June and 19 June games. They both got 9 minutes on 12/06 and on 19/06 Reggie got 15 minutes and Berch got 3

They played together for Leinster in 05/06 and 06/07. In 05/06 they had 8 starts together and a further 3 games where Reggie started and Berch was on the bench. In 06/07 they started 2 games together and had an additional 13 games where one, other or both were on the bench (6 Berch starts with Reggie on bench, 3 Reggie starts with Berch on bench and 4 with both on bench)
Truly Awesome research, thanks for going to the trouble to put all of that together. :happy clapper: :happy clapper: :happy clapper:
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

Oldschool wrote: March 14th, 2021, 9:48 am
Xanthippe wrote: March 13th, 2021, 6:03 pm

Truly Awesome research, thanks for going to the trouble to put all of that together. :happy clapper: :happy clapper: :happy clapper:
+1 GRMMA!!!
Xanthippe
Shane Horgan

Post by Xanthippe »

Just a thought on us conceding the two late tries to Zebre - I have a feeling we played the final 10 minutes down a player as Cian Kelleher wend off on 70 minutes and doesn't appear to have been replaced. I've watched the final 10 minutes several times and there are some freezeframes which would suggest we only have 14 players. I wonder did anyone else notice this?
#LiveLifeLoveLeinster

#BeSeenBeHeardBeBlueBELIEVE

I'm a Book Mark and damn proud of it. Storm 1:08 forever
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

Post by mildlyinterested »

Xanthippe wrote: March 15th, 2021, 8:03 pm Just a thought on us conceding the two late tries to Zebre - I have a feeling we played the final 10 minutes down a player as Cian Kelleher wend off on 70 minutes and doesn't appear to have been replaced. I've watched the final 10 minutes several times and there are some freezeframes which would suggest we only have 14 players. I wonder did anyone else notice this?
We did
arsebiscuits1
Mullet

Post by arsebiscuits1 »

Xanthippe wrote: March 15th, 2021, 8:03 pm Just a thought on us conceding the two late tries to Zebre - I have a feeling we played the final 10 minutes down a player as Cian Kelleher wend off on 70 minutes and doesn't appear to have been replaced. I've watched the final 10 minutes several times and there are some freezeframes which would suggest we only have 14 players. I wonder did anyone else notice this?
I noticed it too.

There was a shot of the subs bench and Kelleher was there. I was thinking I didn't see him go off.

We had used our 3 back subs as injury replacements at that stage and the game was well won so we opted for 14.

Leo has pulled similar before. Against Edinburgh we finished the game with 14 men because we ran out of subs.

As I recall we were defending scrums there with Adam Byrne at 12, Zane at 13, Leavy on the wing and Brian Byrne at 6
He's gotten awfully fond of that brick
fourthirtythree
Leo Cullen

Post by fourthirtythree »

hugonaut wrote: March 13th, 2021, 12:35 pm
Yes.