A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

curates_egg
Seán Cronin

Re: Munster Away 26/12 19:35 Eir Sport 1

Post by curates_egg »

wixfjord wrote: January 22nd, 2021, 3:37 pm
curates_egg wrote: January 22nd, 2021, 3:02 pm
Caliphi wrote: January 22nd, 2021, 2:57 pm Absolutely delighted to see Fardy starting. As we all know only too well, the dog is needed in Thomond, but not a a witless petulant red card prone dog, as in 2018. Let's hope JS keeps his cool.
Agree with this. This forum has been boiling the pot to turn him into glue for at least a year. I still think he is (one of) the only player(s) that gives us the dog we need for big games against dogged opposition. I remain convinced it was a calamitous error for him not be involved vs Sarries.
I don't think anything Fardy has shown in the last 6 months would really support that.

The Ulster game was his best game since the return, besides that he has been pretty non existent.

Ruddock is the guy that was really the big error of omission for Sarries imo.
Ruddock was even more glaring indeed. To leave both of them out reflected very poorly on the management. First time I started to doubt them.
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

I don't think leaving Fardy out reflected poorly at all. In fact I think it was a totally fair call. JR and Baird both played well and Dev over Fardy was a form call too.

Not sure Fardy would've done much to improve our scrum or forward power.
Ruckedtobits
Rob Kearney

Post by Ruckedtobits »

mildlyinterested wrote: January 22nd, 2021, 2:32 pm
curates_egg wrote: January 22nd, 2021, 2:31 pm No sign of Bent or Dev in the training photos, so I wouldn't be certain that it was a choice to pick Clarkson or not to pick Dev.

One guy who was pictured at training, and who I would have expected to see involved, is Ryan Baird.
Toner trained on Monday anyway.

Baird's performance against Ulster A can't have helped.
Maybe he's been given time off to get in some (good) tackling practice!
Blueberry
Mullet

Post by Blueberry »

LeinsterLeader wrote: January 22nd, 2021, 12:25 pm Anyone brave enough to call it? :D
Leinster by 8
Xanthippe
Shane Horgan

Post by Xanthippe »

Donal Lenihan wrote:
There is a lot to play for both teams. If Leinster lose, they are effectively out of the Pro14 running. Munster will relish the chance to kill them off.
https://www.rte.ie/sport/rugby/2021/01 ... by-looms/

Perhaps maths is not his strong point
#LiveLifeLoveLeinster

#BeSeenBeHeardBeBlueBELIEVE

I'm a Book Mark and damn proud of it. Storm 1:08 forever
Dexter
Shane Horgan

Post by Dexter »

Xanthippe wrote: January 22nd, 2021, 11:22 pm
Donal Lenihan wrote:
There is a lot to play for both teams. If Leinster lose, they are effectively out of the Pro14 running. Munster will relish the chance to kill them off.

I know, lots of hyperbole. The media have to big it up as game of the millennium, while for most of us it's an couple of hours of diversion given everything else that's going on.
Dont Panic!
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

Post by mildlyinterested »

Leavy & DK update
Dave Kearney - like Dan Leavy - picked up a knock early in the week.
https://www.independent.ie/sport/rugby/ ... 01161.html
Jonny tight lips
Graduate

Post by Jonny tight lips »

Dexter wrote: January 22nd, 2021, 11:54 pm
Xanthippe wrote: January 22nd, 2021, 11:22 pm
Donal Lenihan wrote:

I know, lots of hyperbole. The media have to big it up as game of the millennium, while for most of us it's an couple of hours of diversion given everything else that's going on.
Munster send out their best 15 every year in the semi final so I don’t see the big deal about this game to be honest. I guess they are building it in the hope they can claim some extra significance if they win. In reality this game has been played twice this year alone
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

Post by mildlyinterested »

Munster fans and the media need this win to promote Munster "being back" and the "tide turning"

Would be great if Leinster came out and laid down the hammer, but i'm nervous enough about our current form and think it will be touch and go, if we can sort out the lineout it will go a long way towards a positive result.
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

I'd be more nervous if Healy was playing for them at ten. Up against a fearless whipper snapper might be more difficult for Johnny than against JJ. The latter, as we know, can blow hot and cold, so if Johnny can come out tops in the battle of the tens - which I expect him fully to do, thereby exorcising the ghosts of Thomond Xmas 2018 -, we could have the winning of this. An Laighean abú!!!!
LeinsterLeader
Seán Cronin

Post by LeinsterLeader »

mildlyinterested wrote: January 23rd, 2021, 9:52 am Munster fans and the media need this win to promote Munster "being back" and the "tide turning"

Would be great if Leinster came out and laid down the hammer, but i'm nervous enough about our current form and think it will be touch and go, if we can sort out the lineout it will go a long way towards a positive result.
Pretty much sums up my position MI. I'm beginning to think more and more like you.

Which worries me more then the result :lol:

Munster will come out all guns blazing and we will need to start well but unfortunately we've sort of got into the habit of......well, not starting well. :shock:

Can't afford to leave our brains behind in the dressing room or the potential is there for us to get a pasting and this to be another 'Munster miracle match'.

Haven't got Eir so I'll be following it on twitter. Hopefully it'll be all blue :D
CiaranIrl
Seán Cronin

Post by CiaranIrl »

I think it stems from how little regard they have for the league. The fact that we're so close to the 6N means that they seem to believe that the competition for places is the biggest thing that has happened to a game since the 2009 HEC game. It's a bit weird, especially considering if Ruddock or Mcgrath outplays their opposite number, it will be irrelevant, but if JJ outplays Sexton, they'll be talking about it forever.
“As you all know first prize is a Cadillac El Dorado. Anyone wanna see second prize? Second prize is a set of steak knives. Third prize is you're fired.”
Experimental
Knowledgeable

Post by Experimental »

Can anyone tell me why the game is being held so late? If it was a friday I'd understand, but why so late on a Saturday? Seems crazy considering the time of year, the day and the fact that fans wont need time to travel. Is there some genius of having it at 7.35 on a saturday in the middle of winter that im missing here? Players have a much higher chance of getting injured on a semi frozen rock hard pitch. Surely this question has to be asked at a higher level??? The soccer which is likely the big competition for viewing ends at 6, so I cant understand for the life of me why it wasnt scheduled for just after that
LeinsterLeader
Seán Cronin

Post by LeinsterLeader »

Experimental wrote: January 23rd, 2021, 1:51 pm Can anyone tell me why the game is being held so late? If it was a friday I'd understand, but why so late on a Saturday? Seems crazy considering the time of year, the day and the fact that fans wont need time to travel. Is there some genius of having it at 7.35 on a saturday in the middle of winter that im missing here? Players have a much higher chance of getting injured on a semi frozen rock hard pitch. Surely this question has to be asked at a higher level??? The soccer which is likely the big competition for viewing ends at 6, so I cant understand for the life of me why it wasnt scheduled for just after that
I'd Image it's for the tele. Primetime slot and all that
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

Interested to see how Ross M. goes when he comes on. He always has a good game against Munster and generally good for a lineout steal or two.
MylesNaGapoleen
Rhys Ruddock

Post by MylesNaGapoleen »

not much wind but snow/rain forecast for later and andrew brace is the ref.
delighted the game is going ahead. here's hoping for a good game and no injuries.
I think munster will be favourites tonight, despite what the bookies say (they have us slightly ahead with their odds and 20/1 for a draw).
Their recent form and the added carrot of (probably) knocking us out of the pro14 race if we lose adds spice to their motivation.
Nugget starting, for me, is hopefully going to improve our lineouts and help sneak a win.
alanair
Mullet

Post by alanair »

riocard911 wrote: January 23rd, 2021, 10:28 am I'd be more nervous if Healy was playing for them at ten. Up against a fearless whipper snapper might be more difficult for Johnny than against JJ. The latter, as we know, can blow hot and cold, so if Johnny can come out tops in the battle of the tens - which I expect him fully to do, thereby exorcising the ghosts of Thomond Xmas 2018 -, we could have the winning of this. An Laighean abú!!!!
Actually I think JJ. Has got a bit of a raw deal ( mainly from club and Munster fans) ... his kicking stats have been really good in last year or so , and though not ‘flashy’ in general play, he rarely makes mistakes
LeinsterLeader
Seán Cronin

Post by LeinsterLeader »

The snow has begun to fall at TP :shock:

Rather them than me!

MylesNaGapoleen
Rhys Ruddock

Post by MylesNaGapoleen »

LeinsterLeader wrote: January 23rd, 2021, 6:19 pm The snow has begun to fall at TP :shock:

Rather them than me!

only a matter of time before someone photoshops bernie saunders onto that pic LeinsterLeader.

gwan leinster!
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

Snow will make for a greasy ball and temper attacking ambitions.

This is going to come down to forwards, set-piece and kicking.

I would be a little worried about the size of our backline and ability to get over gain line.

Think De Allende and Farrell give them an edge there, which is why Connors getting off the line is critical.

Good test for us.
Last edited by wixfjord on January 23rd, 2021, 7:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.