Munster Away 26/12 19:35 Eir Sport 1

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Re: Munster Away 26/12 19:35 Eir Sport 1

Post by wixfjord »

LeinsterLeader wrote: January 22nd, 2021, 12:25 pm Anyone brave enough to call it? :D
Given the way we've been playing and our lineout woes I would have Munster favourites personally.

If we can sort the lineout and protect our ball then that would go a long way to winning though. That backline will score tries and make breaks given space.
LeinsterLeader
Seán Cronin

Post by LeinsterLeader »

wixfjord wrote: January 22nd, 2021, 12:28 pm
LeinsterLeader wrote: January 22nd, 2021, 12:25 pm Anyone brave enough to call it? :D
Given the way we've been playing and our lineout woes I would have Munster favourites personally.

If we can sort the lineout and protect our ball then that would go a long way to winning though. That backline will score tries and make breaks given space.
Interestingly (not that it ever makes any difference in games like thi) The Guinness Pro overall lineout statistics have us the 3rd best (joint) in the league with Munster down in 6th. Even stranger we have a whopping 12 line out steals. Way ahead of Munster on 5.

You could have knowcked me down with a feather :shock:
hugonaut
Shane Jennings

Post by hugonaut »

Three fullbacks in the back three! Bomb disposal squad.
munster#1
Shane Jennings

Post by munster#1 »

Wow, first time in a long time where I have felt that Munster have a better bench than Leinster.

Munster have some great impact to come on.
If Munster can stick with Leinster for the first 60 mins, then Munster could put some real pressure on Leinster at the end.

I still predict a Leinster win, but looking at the squads I think it will be closer than I had originally expected.

Best of luck, and hopefully this game turns out to be a classic.
Just because a post upsets you, that doesn’t mean that it is wrong. People have different views in all aspects of life, this is a key ingredient to an interesting conversation.
joooooe
Enlightened

Post by joooooe »

hugonaut wrote: January 22nd, 2021, 12:33 pm Three fullbacks in the back three! Bomb disposal squad.
5 full backs in the starting teams. 6 if you count Earls, who has played 15 in a MOTM display against England (2011).

"You might want to crane your necks upward now to save time." - H Simpson: https://yarn.co/yarn-clip/7c0230a1-6472 ... 841b160eb9
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

hugonaut wrote: January 22nd, 2021, 12:33 pm Three fullbacks in the back three! Bomb disposal squad.
And a chopper at 7. Let's you know what kind of game to expect.
limecat
Lazy totalitarian

Post by limecat »

Match Preview

It's been a strange journey to having this match on the traditional last weekend of the European rugby pool stage. Covid initially saw the game scheduled for St. Stephen's Day postponed. But now because the last two weeks of the pool matches are postponed (or cancelled if you believe the English) we now have this weekend free and sure why not play Munster v Leinster?

Read more...
Keep up to date on our facebook page or follow us on mastodon.
Blue not red blood
Mullet

Post by Blue not red blood »

It must be very difficult for the management to formulate any strategy or develop any cohesion for this season.

With Covid and games and tournament structures being changed at very short notice.

Realistically after Llanelli next week do they know how many games they will have left in the Pro 14 and Europe.

I think that they are honestly taking it game by game and seeing who is available to play
erskinechilders
Knowledgeable

Post by erskinechilders »

wixfjord wrote: January 22nd, 2021, 12:26 pm JOB ahead of DK
Clarkson ahead of Bent
Fardy ahead of Toner
Ross B ahead of Frawley

would all be selection choices that I'd disagree with personally.

Wonder if any of those are injury forced?
I definitely see the benefit of Frawley on the bench over Byrne but I like the way they are trusting Clarkson. DK has to be injured given his form and his aerial ability.
curates_egg
Seán Cronin

Post by curates_egg »

No sign of Bent or Dev in the training photos, so I wouldn't be certain that it was a choice to pick Clarkson or not to pick Dev.

One guy who was pictured at training, and who I would have expected to see involved, is Ryan Baird.
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

Post by mildlyinterested »

curates_egg wrote: January 22nd, 2021, 2:31 pm No sign of Bent or Dev in the training photos, so I wouldn't be certain that it was a choice to pick Clarkson or not to pick Dev.

One guy who was pictured at training, and who I would have expected to see involved, is Ryan Baird.
Toner trained on Monday anyway.

Baird's performance against Ulster A can't have helped.
Caliphi
Learner

Post by Caliphi »

Absolutely delighted to see Fardy starting. As we all know only too well, the dog is needed in Thomond, but not a a witless petulant red card prone dog, as in 2018. Let's hope JS keeps his cool.
curates_egg
Seán Cronin

Post by curates_egg »

Caliphi wrote: January 22nd, 2021, 2:57 pm Absolutely delighted to see Fardy starting. As we all know only too well, the dog is needed in Thomond, but not a a witless petulant red card prone dog, as in 2018. Let's hope JS keeps his cool.
Agree with this. This forum has been boiling the pot to turn him into glue for at least a year. I still think he is (one of) the only player(s) that gives us the dog we need for big games against dogged opposition. I remain convinced it was a calamitous error for him not be involved vs Sarries.
odyboody
Knowledgeable

Post by odyboody »

Hope this happens lads.
Might be called off for reasons other than Covid.
Snow forecast from 18:00 for Thomond Park tomorrow. :(
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

curates_egg wrote: January 22nd, 2021, 3:02 pm
Caliphi wrote: January 22nd, 2021, 2:57 pm Absolutely delighted to see Fardy starting. As we all know only too well, the dog is needed in Thomond, but not a a witless petulant red card prone dog, as in 2018. Let's hope JS keeps his cool.
Agree with this. This forum has been boiling the pot to turn him into glue for at least a year. I still think he is (one of) the only player(s) that gives us the dog we need for big games against dogged opposition. I remain convinced it was a calamitous error for him not be involved vs Sarries.
I don't think anything Fardy has shown in the last 6 months would really support that.

The Ulster game was his best game since the return, besides that he has been pretty non existent.

Ruddock is the guy that was really the big error of omission for Sarries imo.
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

since the return to play Fardy has been a safe bet for two stupid penalties a game

still brings a lot to the team but to suggest he was in good form pre-sarries, would be wrong.
LeinsterLeader
Seán Cronin

Post by LeinsterLeader »

mildlyinterested wrote: January 22nd, 2021, 3:39 pm since the return to play Fardy has been a safe bet for two stupid penalties a game

still brings a lot to the team but to suggest he was in good form pre-sarries, would be wrong.
In fairness MI you could say that about a few others too (JR giving away a lot of peno's for example that he didn't before).

Point about slowing down is valid though
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

fair, though I think JR was in better form pre-sarries and lost form while away with ireland and that carried over, I have no issue with Fardy starting as no other lock has really pushed to start ahead of him based on form.

on an other topic, I think Dooley is very unlucky to miss out, same goes for DK.
LeinsterLeader
Seán Cronin

Post by LeinsterLeader »

mildlyinterested wrote: January 22nd, 2021, 3:44 pm fair, though I think JR was in better form pre-sarries and lost form while away with ireland and that carried over, I have no issue with Fardy starting as no other lock has really pushed to start ahead of him based on form.

on an other topic, I think Dooley is very unlucky to miss out, same goes for DK.
Agree on Dooley. Assuming there's an issue with DK. Otherwise makes no sense
LeinsterLeader
Seán Cronin

Post by LeinsterLeader »

odyboody wrote: January 22nd, 2021, 3:34 pm Hope this happens lads.
Might be called off for reasons other than Covid.
Snow forecast from 18:00 for Thomond Park tomorrow. :(
Move it to 3PM and tell Eir to get there skates on with the cameras etc?