MNR: Glasgow away, 2nd Nov, 8.15pm

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

Post Reply
User avatar
dropkick
Mullet
Posts: 1763
Joined: January 2nd, 2007, 12:27 am
Location: Cork

Re: MNR: Glasgow away, 2nd Nov, 8.15pm

Post by dropkick »

What is Tommy O'Brien's best position? He has fantastic acceleration which is what you need at center and I see he is 95kg which is heavier than he looks.

User avatar
Avenger
Brian O'Driscoll
Posts: 3447
Joined: February 9th, 2006, 3:57 pm
Location: lost in thought; it's unfamiliar territory...

Re: MNR: Glasgow away, 2nd Nov, 8.15pm

Post by Avenger »

wixfjord wrote:
November 2nd, 2020, 9:00 pm
For a lad who hasn't got as rounded a game as Ben Healy, Harry Byrne sure can run a backline...
:lol: :lol: :lol:
“The only yardstick for success our society has is being a champion. No one remembers anything else.” - JOHN MADDEN
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

mildlyinterested
Shane Jennings
Posts: 6081
Joined: April 19th, 2017, 9:56 am

Re: MNR: Glasgow away, 2nd Nov, 8.15pm

Post by mildlyinterested »

dropkick wrote:
November 3rd, 2020, 10:24 am
What is Tommy O'Brien's best position? He has fantastic acceleration which is what you need at center and I see he is 95kg which is heavier than he looks.
I like him best at 14. But wait and see.

User avatar
outcast eddie
Enlightened
Posts: 911
Joined: June 18th, 2009, 9:45 pm

Re: MNR: Glasgow away, 2nd Nov, 8.15pm

Post by outcast eddie »

Rhys was epic and fully deserved his MOTM award, his performance was the just type of Fardyesque rallying point the pack needed to break the spirit of Glasgow's forwards in the first half.

Ironic then that when Fardy et al came on Glasgow started to rally and only for a harsh penalty on a Harley clear out would probably have been right back in the game.

RO'L's performance deserves a mention and is Michael Bent closing in on another Ireland cap?
The odds are good but the goods are odd.

User avatar
cormac
Shane Jennings
Posts: 5930
Joined: May 24th, 2006, 2:05 pm

Re: MNR: Glasgow away, 2nd Nov, 8.15pm

Post by cormac »

outcast eddie wrote:
November 3rd, 2020, 10:53 am
Rhys was epic and fully deserved his MOTM award, his performance was the just type of Fardyesque rallying point the pack needed to break the spirit of Glasgow's forwards in the first half.

Ironic then that when Fardy et al came on Glasgow started to rally and only for a harsh penalty on a Harley clear out would probably have been right back in the game.

RO'L's performance deserves a mention and is Michael Bent closing in on another Ireland cap?
Would have to see a replay of the incident but not sure Molony was part of the ruck when he was cleaned out by Harley. He also took him well beyond the ruck which is something refs are supposed to be clamping down on.
Look out Itchy, he's Irish

wixfjord
Shane Jennings
Posts: 6435
Joined: April 13th, 2009, 1:00 pm

Re: MNR: Glasgow away, 2nd Nov, 8.15pm

Post by wixfjord »

Yep I thought that pen was bang on. Molony wasn't part of the ruck imo and Harley purposely cleared him well beyond to make a hole. Don't know what Fez & Hamilton were on about.

Cianostays
Isa Nacewa
Posts: 2859
Joined: April 20th, 2008, 1:48 pm
Location: Blackrock/Croke Park

Re: MNR: Glasgow away, 2nd Nov, 8.15pm

Post by Cianostays »

I was very pleased by Kelleher's performance also. Fierce competition in the back 3 suddenly.

Sent from my SM-G531F using Tapatalk

The sport that unites Catholic, Protestant and dissenter has had its day of days. Pity anybody who can't enjoy it. Some day.

Gerry Thornley 23/3/09. 'Nuff said.

User avatar
hugonaut
Shane Jennings
Posts: 5466
Joined: May 5th, 2009, 7:44 pm

Re: MNR: Glasgow away, 2nd Nov, 8.15pm

Post by hugonaut »

mildlyinterested wrote:
November 3rd, 2020, 10:28 am
dropkick wrote:
November 3rd, 2020, 10:24 am
What is Tommy O'Brien's best position? He has fantastic acceleration which is what you need at center and I see he is 95kg which is heavier than he looks.
I like him best at 14. But wait and see.
I agree. I would have liked to see him at fullback at the start of last season [Sep 2019], but Hugo Keenan has been excellent there for us and has done very well on the wing for Ireland, so it's just not the gap I thought it was.

I always say this about Tommy, but he is a blue-chip prospect. He has the whole package - pace, bravery, intelligence, competitiveness, technique, toughness. He played through a lot of pain captaining the U20s in his second year [2018] and didn't necessarily have the opportunity to show his full potential, but he has a very, very high ceiling.

User avatar
Twist
Mullet
Posts: 1408
Joined: September 14th, 2011, 2:33 am

Re: MNR: Glasgow away, 2nd Nov, 8.15pm

Post by Twist »

wixfjord wrote:
November 3rd, 2020, 9:08 am
Despite him not getting much ball, I thought Kelleher was again impressive last night. Tackled like a demon, his acceleration off the mark means he constantly takes contact going forward and he marshalled Matawalu well.
Yeah, he often reminds me of Felix Jones the way he accelerates into contact.

OTT
Mullet
Posts: 1519
Joined: February 2nd, 2012, 4:19 pm
Location: Blackrock

Re: MNR: Glasgow away, 2nd Nov, 8.15pm

Post by OTT »

cormac wrote:
November 3rd, 2020, 11:29 am
outcast eddie wrote:
November 3rd, 2020, 10:53 am
Rhys was epic and fully deserved his MOTM award, his performance was the just type of Fardyesque rallying point the pack needed to break the spirit of Glasgow's forwards in the first half.

Ironic then that when Fardy et al came on Glasgow started to rally and only for a harsh penalty on a Harley clear out would probably have been right back in the game.

RO'L's performance deserves a mention and is Michael Bent closing in on another Ireland cap?
Would have to see a replay of the incident but not sure Molony was part of the ruck when he was cleaned out by Harley. He also took him well beyond the ruck which is something refs are supposed to be clamping down on.
That is what I thought as well. Ferris kept saying how harsh it was for the rest of the game but it looked like one of the more obvious penalties to me.

I did think generally we were getting turnover penalties easier than they were, in fact we often got the penalty when I thought their turnovers were clean, there was one with Matawalu being told he was leaning on his hands which springs to mind that I thought was really harsh. I don’t mind taking those victories :lol:
"Horrocks went one way, Taylor the other and I was left holding the bloody hyphen!"

~The Late Great Mick English

D4surfer
Graduate
Posts: 649
Joined: May 13th, 2009, 11:34 am

Re: MNR: Glasgow away, 2nd Nov, 8.15pm

Post by D4surfer »

outcast eddie wrote:
November 3rd, 2020, 10:53 am
is Michael Bent closing in on another Ireland cap?
This would cause a few apoplectic turnips.

Bent has been great in the scrum for a long time. My stream only kicked in at 7-7 as we won the scrum penalty that Harry Byrne kicked for a 3 pointer. I'm not sure if it was the commentator or Ferris who commented that Bent being dominant in the scrum was unusual in a sarcastic fashion. A badly informed comment.

alanair
Graduate
Posts: 709
Joined: February 19th, 2009, 4:54 pm

Re: MNR: Glasgow away, 2nd Nov, 8.15pm

Post by alanair »

cormac wrote:
November 3rd, 2020, 11:29 am
outcast eddie wrote:
November 3rd, 2020, 10:53 am
Rhys was epic and fully deserved his MOTM award, his performance was the just type of Fardyesque rallying point the pack needed to break the spirit of Glasgow's forwards in the first half.

Ironic then that when Fardy et al came on Glasgow started to rally and only for a harsh penalty on a Harley clear out would probably have been right back in the game.

RO'L's performance deserves a mention and is Michael Bent closing in on another Ireland cap?
Would have to see a replay of the incident but not sure Molony was part of the ruck when he was cleaned out by Harley. He also took him well beyond the ruck which is something refs are supposed to be clamping down on.
The Penalty was nailed on... not only was Molony not part of the breakdown.... but the alleged ‘clear out’... was a nailed in side entry ... so 2 choices for Penalty

joooooe
Knowledgeable
Posts: 491
Joined: April 7th, 2009, 12:04 pm

Re: MNR: Glasgow away, 2nd Nov, 8.15pm

Post by joooooe »

D4surfer wrote:
November 3rd, 2020, 2:47 pm
outcast eddie wrote:
November 3rd, 2020, 10:53 am
is Michael Bent closing in on another Ireland cap?
This would cause a few apoplectic turnips.

Bent has been great in the scrum for a long time. My stream only kicked in at 7-7 as we won the scrum penalty that Harry Byrne kicked for a 3 pointer. I'm not sure if it was the commentator or Ferris who commented that Bent being dominant in the scrum was unusual in a sarcastic fashion. A badly informed comment.
"Hardly renowned for his scrummaging" was the comment from the commentator. Utter nonsense.

Keith
Mullet
Posts: 1105
Joined: November 8th, 2012, 8:29 pm
Contact:

Re: MNR: Glasgow away, 2nd Nov, 8.15pm

Post by Keith »

Is there anywhere you can catch the game in full?

User avatar
Xanthippe
Brian O'Driscoll
Posts: 3804
Joined: September 5th, 2008, 6:48 pm

Re: MNR: Glasgow away, 2nd Nov, 8.15pm

Post by Xanthippe »

Keith wrote:
November 6th, 2020, 1:10 pm
Is there anywhere you can catch the game in full?
Its available on https://www.rugbylist.ws/ - you just need to sign up
#LiveLifeLoveLeinster

#BeSeenBeHeardBeBlueBELIEVE



I'm a Book Mark and damn proud of it. Storm 1:08 forever

Keith
Mullet
Posts: 1105
Joined: November 8th, 2012, 8:29 pm
Contact:

Re: MNR: Glasgow away, 2nd Nov, 8.15pm

Post by Keith »

Xanthippe wrote:
November 6th, 2020, 6:03 pm
Keith wrote:
November 6th, 2020, 1:10 pm
Is there anywhere you can catch the game in full?
Its available on https://www.rugbylist.ws/ - you just need to sign up
Unfortunately this site doesn't work for me for some reason. Thanks for trying though.

mildlyinterested
Shane Jennings
Posts: 6081
Joined: April 19th, 2017, 9:56 am

Re: MNR: Glasgow away, 2nd Nov, 8.15pm

Post by mildlyinterested »

Full game on YouTube: https://youtu.be/QS23QtcTHkI

User avatar
johng
Devin Toner
Posts: 18410
Joined: March 23rd, 2009, 10:37 pm
Location: Behind You!!

Re: MNR: Glasgow away, 2nd Nov, 8.15pm

Post by johng »

Keith wrote:
November 6th, 2020, 7:20 pm
Xanthippe wrote:
November 6th, 2020, 6:03 pm
Keith wrote:
November 6th, 2020, 1:10 pm
Is there anywhere you can catch the game in full?
Its available on https://www.rugbylist.ws/ - you just need to sign up
Unfortunately this site doesn't work for me for some reason. Thanks for trying though.
I have never used it but just decided to register to see how it worked. 30 seconds. You need an email address. To choose a username and password then open the email they send you. You can then watch games.

I prefer downloading the torrent from across the tasman but this works fine.

User avatar
Dave Cahill
Gordon D'Arcy
Posts: 22889
Joined: January 24th, 2006, 3:32 pm
Location: None of your damn business
Contact:

Re: MNR: Glasgow away, 2nd Nov, 8.15pm

Post by Dave Cahill »

If you have an adblocker on, turn it off, that was an issue for me originally when I tried to sign up
I have Bumbleflex

Keith
Mullet
Posts: 1105
Joined: November 8th, 2012, 8:29 pm
Contact:

Re: MNR: Glasgow away, 2nd Nov, 8.15pm

Post by Keith »

mildlyinterested wrote:
November 6th, 2020, 7:27 pm
Full game on YouTube: https://youtu.be/QS23QtcTHkI
Perfect thanks!

Post Reply