Heineken Cup 2020/21

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Re: Heineken Cup 2020/21

Post by ronk »

Blueberry wrote: December 18th, 2020, 4:49 pm No doubt they will appeal it and claim health and safety and the Scaaaaaaaaarlets will claim the points and there will be piles of paperwork to complete......
No punishment and no counter lawsuit. They probably don’t care about the points.
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

Oh and you call it both teams forfeiting so award a draw
D4surfer
Mullet

Post by D4surfer »

https://www.bbc.com/sport/rugby-union/55371384

28-0 wins to Toulouse, Lyon and La Rochelle announced.
Ruckedtobits
Rob Kearney

Post by Ruckedtobits »

So teams will hide one positive asymptomatic case rather than face that sort of decision
heno
Knowledgeable

Post by heno »

I assume Toulon were questioning how only 2 players were deemed close contacts on the infected player's team (with whom you assume he had spent more than 80 minutes with during the week) when 12 players were deemed close contacts on the opposition team.
I'm certainly questioning it anyway.
And after I was defending them against the accusation of farce.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

fourthirtythree
Leo Cullen

Post by fourthirtythree »

Ruckedtobits wrote: December 18th, 2020, 6:55 pm So teams will hide one positive asymptomatic case rather than face that sort of decision
You think? The risk reward in that is nowhere near worth it.

That could end you.
Serb
Mullet

Post by Serb »

Montpellier have just lost without a bonus point to Wasps, guarantees a dead rubber in our final game. If we can get 5 against Northampton tomorrow, we should be odds on for the full 20 (assuming no Covid cases)
joooooe
Enlightened

Post by joooooe »

Serb wrote: December 18th, 2020, 9:56 pm Montpellier have just lost without a bonus point to Wasps, guarantees a dead rubber in our final game. If we can get 5 against Northampton tomorrow, we should be odds on for the full 20 (assuming no Covid cases)
Betting on this tournament is like betting on winter racing. One team may be massive favourites but they could hit a fence and fall through little fault of their own.
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

Trying to work out if Clermont clermonting and Munster munstering helps us or not in the long term
I have Bumbleflex
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

Dave Cahill wrote: December 19th, 2020, 7:58 pm Trying to work out if Clermont clermonting and Munster munstering helps us or not in the long term
Unbelievable. How Munster managed to win that match, I'll never understand. I think it could have been due to PO'M repeatedly asking JJ to kick penos for points, cos he was so afraid the latter would kick the ball dead if they went for the corner - which he actually did too the once!!!!! Fair f****s to the southern cousins ar aon nós. They took the wind out of Clermont's sails big time.
Serb
Mullet

Post by Serb »

It was a pretty incredible win. I think it benefits us personally. I’d rather face Munster than Clermont.

I’ll be looking forward to the DVD and play of this game anyway.
Laighin Break
Mullet

Post by Laighin Break »

Does anyone know what happens if a match is cancelled due to non-COVID reasons - weather, death in the organisation, other? Will points be shared (2-2 or 3-3?) or will the team 'responsible' for the cancellation forfeit 28-0?
Ruckedtobits
Rob Kearney

Post by Ruckedtobits »

Ospreys beat Worcester, Edinburgh beat Sale, Lenster beat Northampton but Gloucester beat Ulster...just.

Relative merits on Premiership and PROxx = ??
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

Laighin Break wrote: December 20th, 2020, 9:45 am Does anyone know what happens if a match is cancelled due to non-COVID reasons - weather, death in the organisation, other? Will points be shared (2-2 or 3-3?) or will the team 'responsible' for the cancellation forfeit 28-0?
Some French team gets a 28-0 win
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
Serb
Mullet

Post by Serb »

Laighin Break wrote:Does anyone know what happens if a match is cancelled due to non-COVID reasons - weather, death in the organisation, other? Will points be shared (2-2 or 3-3?) or will the team 'responsible' for the cancellation forfeit 28-0?
This is oddly specific, what do you have planned? Image

Seriously though, they way things are right now with no crowd, it’s possible the game could be rescheduled for the following day. We saw this a few years ago with Saracens vs Clermont being moved to the Monday because of snow.

But I guess your question is more about assuming all options are exhausted, the game can’t be played and it’s not Covid related.

Not sure really — the precedent is there for a 0-0 draw like we saw with hurricane Hagibis in Japan for the Italy vs New Zealand and England vs France games. You’d probably have to read through the tournament rules and regulations to get your answer.
Blue not red blood
Mullet

Post by Blue not red blood »

Still on track for 20 points and top seeding. although 19 could also do it.
Pool B is fascinating with the prospect of Exeter not making it to the top 4. As I mentioned earlier they could also knock out Toulouse if they beat them 5-0 . Both them on 15 points potentially.

Munster or Clermont may well eliminate the other depending on the Thomond result.

Hopefully no more cancellations as it is now finely poised
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

Montpellier have sacked head coach Xavier Garbajosa and replaced him with Phillipe Saint-Andre who was appointed Director of Rugby in June
I have Bumbleflex
LeinsterLeader
Seán Cronin

Post by LeinsterLeader »

Rumours of the French clubs looking to jump from the challenge cups. If this happens I wonder will some Euro cup clubs (already out) look to do the same? This could end up looking very bad :shock:
MylesNaGapoleen
Rhys Ruddock

Post by MylesNaGapoleen »

LeinsterLeader wrote: January 4th, 2021, 7:51 pm Rumours of the French clubs looking to jump from the challenge cups. If this happens I wonder will some Euro cup clubs (already out) look to do the same? This could end up looking very bad :shock:
Bayanne pulled out of the challenge cup because they blamed leicesters laxidasical approach for a covid outbreak within the bayanne team.
but there's no clubs indicating they want to pull out of the challenge cup.............yet!
https://www.rugbypass.com/news/epcr-sta ... protocols/
LeinsterLeader
Seán Cronin

Post by LeinsterLeader »

MylesNaGapoleen wrote: January 4th, 2021, 8:30 pm
LeinsterLeader wrote: January 4th, 2021, 7:51 pm Rumours of the French clubs looking to jump from the challenge cups. If this happens I wonder will some Euro cup clubs (already out) look to do the same? This could end up looking very bad :shock:
Bayanne pulled out of the challenge cup because they blamed leicesters laxidasical approach for a covid outbreak within the bayanne team.
but there's no clubs indicating they want to pull out of the challenge cup.............yet!
https://www.rugbypass.com/news/epcr-sta ... protocols/
You could be right MNG but this one has more clubs considering their position. All up in the air though

https://www.independent.ie/sport/rugby/ ... 29420.html