Pro 14 2020-2021 season

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Re: Pro 14 2020-2021 season

Post by wixfjord »

And of course another challenge is actually getting to the final!
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

Post by mildlyinterested »

The Pro 14 season end is a joke/mess, which I suppose is to be expected but really going ahead with the rainbow cup? really?
Jonny tight lips
Graduate

Post by Jonny tight lips »

If the PR012 final was cancelled we have 9 weekends before the hcup final, let’s say we play the Pro14 final the week after as normal and we pencil in the 3 weeks for Hcup knockouts. That conveniently leave 6 potential game weeks which covers the 6 teams in the other conference outstanding for a normal league home and away season. So why not merge the conferences and let the top 2 duke it out the week after the Hcup final? You could even do semis if you wanted to stop Munster complaining because in fairness they are working towards toping the conference.
Jonny tight lips
Graduate

Post by Jonny tight lips »

If the saffers want to join, tell them we can take a look for next season but they should try include Cheetahs.
LeinsterLeader
Seán Cronin

Post by LeinsterLeader »

It's interesting that the general perception is that the Gallagher premiership is in superior to Pro 14 (I know it's my perception anyway), Yet two of the sides who wouldn't be seen as the Pro 14s strongest have put up real good performances today against more illustrious Premiership opposition. Fair play to them. Be interesting to see what the total head-to-heads are after the weekend.

I'm on Team Pro14 :D
cormac
Rob Kearney

Post by cormac »

Cardiff should have won that game at a canter. Shambolic defending. SOB a little lucky not to get carded.

Brain-dead game management from Cardiff at the end. They're two points down with 3 minutes left and get awarded a penalty advantage inside the 22 for what would have been a simple penalty kick (Paddy Jackson playing the Paddy Wallace role to concede the penalty). Two phases later Jarrod Evans drops back into the pocket and kicks a drop goal, leaving London Irish two minutes to get a winning score. Why do that???? Just go through the phases to milk the advantage and then kick the simple penalty to win it. Game over.
Last edited by cormac on April 2nd, 2021, 7:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Look out Itchy, he's Irish
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

LeinsterLeader wrote: April 2nd, 2021, 7:21 pm It's interesting that the general perception is that the Gallagher premiership is in superior to Pro 14 (I know it's my perception anyway), Yet two of the sides who wouldn't be seen as the Pro 14s strongest have put up real good performances today against more illustrious Premiership opposition. Fair play to them. Be interesting to see what the total head-to-heads are after the weekend.

Cardiff? Losing to 14 men? Coached by Kidney and Kiss? Illustrious? Fair play? Good performance?

They should be f%~king ashamed of themselves.
I have Bumbleflex
LeinsterLeader
Seán Cronin

Post by LeinsterLeader »

Dave Cahill wrote: April 2nd, 2021, 7:31 pm
LeinsterLeader wrote: April 2nd, 2021, 7:21 pm It's interesting that the general perception is that the Gallagher premiership is in superior to Pro 14 (I know it's my perception anyway), Yet two of the sides who wouldn't be seen as the Pro 14s strongest have put up real good performances today against more illustrious Premiership opposition. Fair play to them. Be interesting to see what the total head-to-heads are after the weekend.

Cardiff? Losing to 14 men? Coached by Kidney and Kiss? Illustrious? Fair play? Good performance?

They should be f%~king ashamed of themselves.
Well in fairness they were 20-32 up when I wrote that :lol:

It's never over, till it's over

But you're right that was some loss
Keith
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Keith »

This seems to be said every time there is a European weekend, it's the internationals being away that destroys the competitiveness of our league.