*** updated *** frawley is not moving to munster.

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

Theleinsterlad
Enlightened

Re: frawley to munster?

Post by Theleinsterlad »

It just makes me laugh, they have the current U20’s outhalf who has been raved about and instead of putting pace on getting him in and game time they would much further not do the hard work and go pick from Leinster who have done all the time and effort. Joke
Wanderers FC
Beginner

Post by Wanderers FC »

He won’t go. He’s a true blue and would be mad to uproot given the youth of the Leinster back line. Plenty of opportunities for him here.
neiliog93
Shane Horgan

Post by neiliog93 »

For goodness' sake. A big part of the reason they're not producing enough young players is because their modus operandi is to immediately look for signings when in situations like this. Back the young players you have already and you'll reap the rewards in the long-term (and stop pillaging Leinster and South Africa..)
Last edited by neiliog93 on September 7th, 2020, 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"This is breathless stuff.....it's on again. Contepomi out to Hickie,D'Arcy,Hickie.......................HICKIE FOR THE CORNER! THAT IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

munster#1 wrote: September 7th, 2020, 7:09 pm
Up Wexford wrote: September 7th, 2020, 7:05 pm
munster#1 wrote: September 7th, 2020, 6:37 pm
Should have put a smiley face after that comment.
A short term deal for Frawley makes no sense for any party in this deal.

I wouldn’t feel comfortable with Frawley starting a big game just yet, and IMO he is not a million miles ahead of any of the backup options available to Munster.

I would be all for a short term deal for an out half, but this is not the deal that should happen.

Player would not strengthen Munster, would weaken Leinster, and the player himself would get very limited game time.
An easy way to give half the forum an anuerysm :lol:

Hopefully this is just rumour and hearsay, nothing more. But I wonder on an organizational level, who is making these transfer requests? JVG, Nucifora, the players agent...
Ha ha, sorry about that.

The only way this makes any sense is if Carberry is a long term absentee, and the IRFU are behind it.
Perhaps Munster requested a short term option and this is all the IRFU will allow??

The player himself would want to be getting a written guarantee that he will see loads of game time at 10.
This would only make sense of their were concerns about JJ and if Ross is unlikely to get picked for Ireland.

Carbery will be injured or with Ireland so he's not a factor.
munster#1
Shane Jennings

Post by munster#1 »

I would definitely suggest that you take a chill pill until there is some form of confirmation.
Even if it is confirmed, you should probably wait to see where this deal came from.

Makes no sense at all for Munster.
With all due respect to Frawley, he is still very much a work in progress.
Just because a post upsets you, that doesn’t mean that it is wrong. People have different views in all aspects of life, this is a key ingredient to an interesting conversation.
munster#1
Shane Jennings

Post by munster#1 »

Out of interest, Frawley is hardly up for contract renewal in the coming weeks/months?
Just because a post upsets you, that doesn’t mean that it is wrong. People have different views in all aspects of life, this is a key ingredient to an interesting conversation.
paddyor
Shane Jennings

Post by paddyor »

munster#1 wrote: September 7th, 2020, 7:27 pm Out of interest, Frawley is hardly up for contract renewal in the coming weeks/months?
Usually done in Jan-Feb and announced towards the end of the season. All I remember is they announced an agreement between the players re Covid reduction.
Ruddock's tackle stats consistently too low for me to be taken seriously as a Six Nations blindside..... Ruddock's defensive stats don't stack up. - All Blacks Nil, Jan 15th, 2014
England A 8 - 14 Ireland A, 25th Jan 2014
Ruddock(c) 19/2 Tackles
munster#1
Shane Jennings

Post by munster#1 »

paddyor wrote: September 7th, 2020, 7:35 pm
munster#1 wrote: September 7th, 2020, 7:27 pm Out of interest, Frawley is hardly up for contract renewal in the coming weeks/months?
Usually done in Jan-Feb and announced towards the end of the season. All I remember is they announced an agreement between the players re Covid reduction.
Fair enough, just thinking it might be a bit of kite flying??
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

Do we have to bring extra string to fly this kite any higher?
I have Bumbleflex
betty swallocks
Bookworm

Post by betty swallocks »

Frawley may be going out on loan alright, but I wonder might we have the destination wrong. With Carty soon to spend eight weeks in the Irish set up, Frawley would start for Connacht.
Jonny tight lips
Graduate

Post by Jonny tight lips »

He’s gonna be needed here during international’s, with RB and JS likely to be away we would be one I just away from having nobody to play 10 and no injuries away from having no cover on the bench. Also during the internationals he would probably be needed at 12.
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

I think this one might actually be just a FB rumour to be honest.
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

It’s true. Frawley is desperate to become an outhalf who chases box kicks all day so asked for the move on Friday night.
Keith
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Keith »

fourthirtythree wrote: September 7th, 2020, 6:32 pm We have seen time and again that leaving Leinster is not good for players. Lancaster was as scathing as he ever would be regarding Carvery being forced out. He said "it is your moral duty to ask yourself what is the best thing for the young man? I believe the best thing for his development was to stay here". I'm paraphrasing.

Taking the Toxic Ten jersey at Munster would be a very bad career move. If he ever misses a kick the craven and faithless would turn on him. He would get fewer games and learn less.
It's also been proven time and time again that you can still play for Ireland whilst not guaranteed a starting position here, such is the strength in depth. My biggest fear for Irish rugby is when players are forced to leave or risk not being offered a contract by the IRFU (if it isn't already happening now).
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

So what do we know?
A Leinster contract is worth SFA.
That fact that we would be left with 1 outhalf during International windows means nothing to the IRFU. They did it last season with McCarthy, we had to go to Trinity to get cover at 9 for a trip to TP.
Skerries is not a million miles from Limerick.
Munster would snap him up, it weakens Leinster.
A "loan move" would be a bare faced lie. He would never comeback, correction, if he was an abject failure down there then he might comeback, or be sent to Connacht.
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

Post by mildlyinterested »

blockhead wrote: September 7th, 2020, 8:48 pm So what do we know?
That fact that we would be left with 1 outhalf during International windows means nothing to the IRFU. They did it last season with McCarthy, we had to go to Trinity to get cover at 9 for a trip to TP.
A "loan move" would be a bare faced lie. He would never comeback, correction, if he was an abject failure down there then he might comeback, or be sent to Connacht.
you realize it's more than likely not true.
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

mildlyinterested wrote: September 7th, 2020, 8:50 pm
you realize it's more than likely not true.
Dosen't matter.
I'll froth at the mouth anytime I want!
But you're right, more than likely its not true.
It's Harry that they're really after, he'll solve all their problems at 10. We can have Joey back now.
Frawley is just a decoy.
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

Skerries is north of the LIffey - he'd never go down south. At the most west like Aungier!
MylesNaGapoleen
Rhys Ruddock

Post by MylesNaGapoleen »

riocard911 wrote: September 7th, 2020, 11:21 pm
Skerries is north of the LIffey - he'd never go down south. At the most west like Aungier!
"Munster haven't approached Frawley" apparently so it was what it was...just a rumour.
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

Kite flying.