16 January 2021

Provincial A Fixtures Round 5

3 April 2021

Provincial A Fixtures Round 6
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

Re: Leinster A '20-21'

Post by mildlyinterested »

"There's been some talk [about 'A' games]," Lancaster comments. "I've not really seen the exact details, but I know the IRFU were hoping to arrange games like that.

"They're not confirmed yet, and certainly not pencilled in. The bizarre thing is that this season is coming to a culmination but the next season is going to start very soon. Round one of the PRO14 starts in a few weeks' time, only.

And, before long, the Ireland internationals will start and we'll lose a lot of players. While the lads aren't getting a lot of opportunities at the moment, come mid-October and all of November we'll be missing... I don't know how many Andy Farrell will pick but, traditionally, it's between 10 and 15, if not a little bit more."
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

So is there an A game this saturday....?
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

"It would be great to have 'A' games, in terms of getting competition for everyone... at the moment we don't have an 'A' game"

- Felipe Contepomi hopeful but says nothing in Leinster's diary yet
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

from munsterrugby.ie

Those ‘A’ fixtures are set to be played on the weekends of September 19 and September 26 with final details to be confirmed. They are playing Connacht.

So maybe Leinster will play Ulster on those dates?
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

seems like ulster's covid issues have prevented them from fielding an A side.
Keith
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Keith »

mildlyinterested wrote: September 15th, 2020, 5:40 pm seems like ulster's covid issues have prevented them from fielding an A side.
Is there defiantly no A game for us then?
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

Keith wrote: September 16th, 2020, 7:20 pm
mildlyinterested wrote: September 15th, 2020, 5:40 pm seems like ulster's covid issues have prevented them from fielding an A side.
Is there defiantly no A game for us then?
not this weekend anyway.
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

apparently playing Ulster in dublin saturday week. Assuming it's unaffected by level 3 covid measures.
LeinsterLeader
Seán Cronin

Post by LeinsterLeader »

mildlyinterested wrote: September 17th, 2020, 12:49 pm apparently playing Ulster in dublin saturday week. Assuming it's unaffected by level 3 covid measures.
If its on do you fancy going down and making a run at the turnstiles like Dalymount park in the 1980s.

Once we're in they'll never catch us! :lol:
cormac
Rob Kearney

Post by cormac »

Game against Ulster A this Friday (25th Sep) behind closed doors at the RDS. KO 7pm

https://www.leinsterrugby.ie/leinster-u ... rds-arena/
Look out Itchy, he's Irish
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

Real pity we can’t see this. I’ve no issue with A games or friendlies not being available to watch but in the current circumstances I think they should try and broadcast it.

I appreciate that COVID doesn’t change the fact that Leinster want to hide their players, moves, patterns etc but think it’s a bit different now.
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

LeRouxIsPHat wrote: September 23rd, 2020, 12:34 pm Real pity we can’t see this. I’ve no issue with A games or friendlies not being available to watch but in the current circumstances I think they should try and broadcast it.

I appreciate that COVID doesn’t change the fact that Leinster want to hide their players, moves, patterns etc but think it’s a bit different now.
If they were so inclined, Leinster and Ulster between them could easily set up a mobile phone on a tripod in the stand and narrowcast the game to whoever's interested via Periscope.
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

They could easily stream it on youtube.
LeinsterLeader
Seán Cronin

Post by LeinsterLeader »

mildlyinterested wrote: September 23rd, 2020, 12:46 pm They could easily stream it on youtube.
Personally I have always thought (certainly under Leo\Stuart) that if they could have had all Leinster A games behind closed doors they would. There never seemed to be a great push from Leinster to get people into 'A' games in the recent past. Even the highlights packages on the 'A' games are usually pretty sparse. I'm guessing they just don't want any recorded material out in the public domain to allow other teams to research the players (that' just a guess on my part though).

Anyway, in relation to this game my hope was that in the current environment Leinster may have a change of heart (maybe even make a few Bob off the back of it, like DubsTV did with the GAA games). Pound to a penny they'll be recording it anyway.
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

LeinsterLeader wrote: September 23rd, 2020, 1:10 pm
mildlyinterested wrote: September 23rd, 2020, 12:46 pm They could easily stream it on youtube.
Personally I have always thought (certainly under Leo\Stuart) that if they could have had all Leinster A games behind closed doors they would. There never seemed to be a great push from Leinster to get people into 'A' games in the recent past. Even the highlights packages on the 'A' games are usually pretty sparse. I'm guessing they just don't want any recorded material out in the public domain to allow other teams to research the players (that' just a guess on my part though).

Anyway, in relation to this game my hope was that in the current environment Leinster may have a change of heart (maybe even make a few Bob off the back of it, like DubsTV did with the GAA games). Pound to a penny they'll be recording it anyway.
I know for certain that it was Leo’s call for friendlies, which is fair enough, but think the context is a bit different now.

Demand would be extremely low tbf but think they should look into it all the same.
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

Leinster Rugby ‘A’

15. Michael Silvester
14. Tommy O’Brien
13. Jimmy O’Brien
12. Ciarán Frawley
11. Cian Kelleher
10. Harry Byrne
9. Hugh O’Sullivan
1. Peter Dooley
2. James Tracy
3. Ciaran Parker
4. Jack Dunne
5. Charlie Ryan CAPTAIN
6. Josh Murphy
7. Scott Penny
8. Max Deegan

Replacements from:
John McKee
Michael Milne
Tom Clarkson
Ross Molony
Joe McCarthy
Martin Moloney
Sean O’Brien
Rhys Ruddock
Alex Soroka
Cormac Foley
Rowan Osborne
David Hawkshaw
Liam Turner
Andrew Smith
Niall Comerford
nc6000
Mullet

Post by nc6000 »

I was expecting to see another name in the Leinster A line-up.
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

I would love to see that back five of the pack in action. Hard as nails from 4-7 and then the footballing ability and athleticism of Max. Really starting to feel bad for Rhys though.

Not sure Silvester will her much of a look in with the first team this season so I’d have gone with a different fullback who’s more likely to play there.
LeinsterLeader
Seán Cronin

Post by LeinsterLeader »

LeRouxIsPHat wrote: September 24th, 2020, 12:14 pm I would love to see that back five of the pack in action. Hard as nails from 4-7 and then the footballing ability and athleticism of Max. Really starting to feel bad for Rhys though.

Not sure Silvester will her much of a look in with the first team this season so I’d have gone with a different fullback who’s more likely to play there.
Would love to see this game! In a different lifetime I would definitely have gone over :(