Moderator: moderators

LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Re: Leinster A '20-21'

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

leinster23 wrote: December 14th, 2020, 9:03 pm
D4surfer wrote: December 14th, 2020, 3:04 pm
mildlyinterested wrote: December 14th, 2020, 1:24 pm

Leinster don't usually release A game highlights.. so I wouldn't get my hopes up.
Scouting videos for the other provinces?
Less the other provinces and more to put off any English/French clubs sniffing around, I'd say.
And also to stop other teams seeing more footage of moves, patterns, and players before we play play them.

If we end up playing Greg McGrath in the first team what footage is out there for other coaches to see how he scrummages? What lineout calls does Charlie Ryan like to use on his own line? How much footage is there of Dan Sheehan picking and going when there’s no defenders behind a ruck?

I believe it’s Leo’s call and it makes perfect sense. It’s a pity for us but also worth remembering that there are very few fans interested in this anyway. Ive gone to a lot of A games and the attendances are usually tiny. Sure there’s barely any interest in the A team on this forum never mind on social media or anywhere else.
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

Link to tries in todays mailshot. Max O'Reilly's try shouldn't be watched before the watershed, pure filth
I have Bumbleflex
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

Jack Dunne seems to be getting bigger by the day, he’s the most South African looking second row I’ve ever seen.

Soroka is enormous as well, if there wasn’t so much competition then I think he’d break through very quickly.
cormac
Rob Kearney

Post by cormac »

Was that the new Sean O'Brien with the offload for O'Reilly's try?
Look out Itchy, he's Irish
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

Post by mildlyinterested »

The new SOBs offloading ability is ridiculous.

https://youtu.be/97zdvDtsR00

Great that they have decided to post highlights too btw, what new info opposition coaches could learn from that that would make a material difference I really don't know :lol:

Looks like Cosgrave was on the wing when he came on anyway.
dropkick
Rhys Ruddock

Post by dropkick »

LeRouxIsPHat wrote: December 15th, 2020, 12:39 pm Jack Dunne seems to be getting bigger by the day, he’s the most South African looking second row I’ve ever seen.

He looks like he will end up around 125kg.
Jcahill1
Bookworm

Post by Jcahill1 »

LeRouxIsPHat wrote: December 15th, 2020, 12:39 pm Jack Dunne seems to be getting bigger by the day, he’s the most South African looking second row I’ve ever seen.

Soroka is enormous as well, if there wasn’t so much competition then I think he’d break through very quickly.
I was thinking the exact same! As soon as I thought "god Dunne is enormous", Soroka steps beside him and there's not much in the difference!
Leinsterlegends

Post by Leinsterlegends »

Really pleased they shared the highlights, some great individual and team tries. The Max O'Reilly's try, with the offload from SOB was pure magic. Aaron O'Sullivan's individual try with a cracking handoff was a real finishers try.

The team looked really well balanced and they played some seriously good rugby. I think most Leinster fans are interested in the academy and A Team games. I think they would be more interested with more content being shared.

Well done to whoever got the content out.
Last edited by Leinsterlegends on December 15th, 2020, 4:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Keith
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Keith »

Jcahill1 wrote: December 15th, 2020, 3:16 pm

I was thinking the exact same! As soon as I thought "god Dunne is enormous", Soroka steps beside him and there's not much in the difference!
Yup Soroka looks enormous and took his try well there. It's nice to actually have good highlights for once.
Ruckedtobits
Rob Kearney

Post by Ruckedtobits »

The 15 mins + Press Conference of Robyn McBride was also good value and worth a careful listen. He knew what he was coming to and hasn't been disappointed and he fingers Bentos as the guy setting the standards of scrummaging for the youngsters.
OTT
Rhys Ruddock

Post by OTT »

Ruckedtobits wrote: December 16th, 2020, 6:58 am The 15 mins + Press Conference of Robyn McBride was also good value and worth a careful listen. He knew what he was coming to and hasn't been disappointed and he fingers Bentos as the guy setting the standards of scrummaging for the youngsters.
+1 the last 6 minutes are a must listen. An exceptional opportunity for the young lads to learn from him...what high praise.
"Horrocks went one way, Taylor the other and I was left holding the bloody hyphen!"

~The Late Great Mick English
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

FYI Jack Dunne moved to 6 when Moloney went off injured and Joe McCarthy came on.

it will be interesting to see who starts at 6 on Friday.
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

Leinster Rugby ‘A’ v Munster Rugby ‘A’

(Leinster senior caps in brackets)

15. Andrew Smith(Michaels-Clontarf)(u21)
14. Aaron O’Sullivan(Exile-Blackrock)(u22)
13. Max O’Reilly(Gerards-DUFC)(u21)
12. Jamie Osborne(Naas)(u20)
11. Niall Comerford(Blackrock-UCD)(u21)
10. David Hawkshaw(Belvedere-Clontarf)(u22) (3)
9. Cormac Foley(Gerards-Lansdowne)(u22)
1. Marcus Hanan(Clane-Old Belvedere)(u21)
2. Dan Sheehan(Clongowes-Lansdowne)(u23) (5)
3. Greg McGrath(Wexford-Lansdowne)(u24)
4. Charlie Ryan(Blackrock-UCD)(u22)
5. Jack Dunne(Michaels-DUFC)(u23) (10) CAPTAIN
6. Will Hickey(Michaels-UCD)(u20)
7. Seán O’Brien(Blackrock-UCD)(u21)
8. Alex Soroka(Belvedere-Clontarf)(u20)

Replacements from:

Lee Barron(Michaels-DUFC)(u20)
Jack Boyle(Michaels-UCD)(u19)
Thomas Connolly(DUFC)(u21)
Joe McCarthy(Blackrock-DUFC)(u20)
Mark Morrissey(Blackrock-UCD)(u19) - lock
Scott Penny(Michaels-UCD)(u22)(19)
Rowan Osborne(Clongowes-DUFC)(u25) (6)
Marcus Kiely(Newbridge-Naas)(u20)- centre
Karl Martin(Boyne RFC-Old Belvedere)(u19) - centre
Shane Mallon(Longford RFC/Roscrea-UCD)(u19) - wing
Chris Cosgrave(Michaels-UCD)(u20) - back three
Last edited by mildlyinterested on December 17th, 2020, 2:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
cormac
Rob Kearney

Post by cormac »

Scott Penny on the bench???
Look out Itchy, he's Irish
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

cormac wrote: December 17th, 2020, 1:58 pm Scott Penny on the bench???
Odd one alright. He is way too good for this level.
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

The Munster A v Leinster A Interpro game this Friday (December 18) at Thomond Park will be live-streamed on the Munster Rugby Youtube channel.

The game was initially scheduled for 5.30pm but will now kick-off at 5pm and will be played behind closed doors.

The Munster A side for the clash will be named on Friday afternoon.
Dexter
Shane Horgan

Post by Dexter »

mildlyinterested wrote: December 17th, 2020, 3:03 pm The Munster A v Leinster A Interpro game this Friday (December 18) at Thomond Park will be live-streamed on the Munster Rugby Youtube channel.

The game was initially scheduled for 5.30pm but will now kick-off at 5pm and will be played behind closed doors.

Excellent! Thanks for the info...
Dont Panic!
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

That's a pity about Penny. Interested to hear how Martin gets on, said this before but I saw him play a training match a while back and he really reminded me of Jauzion. The way he ran over people was just effortless and he always got his hands in a position to pass/offload.
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

LeRouxIsPHat wrote: December 17th, 2020, 6:01 pm That's a pity about Penny. Interested to hear how Martin gets on, said this before but I saw him play a training match a while back and he really reminded me of Jauzion. The way he ran over people was just effortless and he always got his hands in a position to pass/offload.
I wouldn't be to concerned for Penney. Could be just an opportunity to have him match fit for the Munster clash. Rotation's the name of the game, tá fhios agat féin......
Keith
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Keith »

mildlyinterested wrote: December 17th, 2020, 3:03 pm The Munster A v Leinster A Interpro game this Friday (December 18) at Thomond Park will be live-streamed on the Munster Rugby Youtube channel.

Any sign of the Munster team?