Stash Watch 2020/21

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Re: Stash Watch 2020/21

Post by Peg Leg »

curates_egg wrote:Worst ever. Hands down.

I can't wait to read the magic beans market schtick behind this one.
The magic schtick is, they've given a 6 year old 3 shades of blue to use in their TYBO Tie-dye kit. That's it.
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan
Twist
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Twist »

LeinsterLeader wrote:
curates_egg wrote: September 30th, 2020, 9:26 am Worst ever. Hands down.

There you go!

"The new Alternate replica jersey is made from Primeblue, a high-performance recycled material made in part with Parley Ocean Plastic – upcycled plastic waste, intercepted on remote islands, beaches, coastal communities, and shorelines, preventing it from polluting our ocean.

Products made with Primeblue use a minimum of 40% recycled content.

As part of its ongoing mission to end plastic waste, adidas has committed to shift entirely to recycled polyester by 2024.

To encourage Leinster Rugby supporters to join the movement, the design of the new Alternate jersey features aquatic-style patterns, inspired by the rivers of Leinster."
Well its blue, so they obviously aren’t referring to any rivers in Dublin

Our away jerseys really shouldn’t be blue
domhnallj
Rhys Ruddock

Post by domhnallj »

"That was shiterarse coaches need to look at themselves this is as bad at is.beem with school. Items impeovrnkyb neefedc"

Golf Man sums up the mood of a nation
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

It’s basically the same as the Liverpool away jersey. Think someone (Dave?) mentioned that there’s been a push to make rugby jerseys more like football ones in recent years but might be remembering that wrong.
curates_egg
Seán Cronin

Post by curates_egg »

Does blue After Shock still exist?
This jersey appears to be trying to channel the old Leinster tradition (outside Bective and Wesley) of blue After Shock puke.

But, hey, at least it's 'sustainable'.
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

LeRouxIsPHat wrote: September 30th, 2020, 11:44 am It’s basically the same as the Liverpool away jersey. Think someone (Dave?) mentioned that there’s been a push to make rugby jerseys more like football ones in recent years but might be remembering that wrong.
I dont think it was me, could be wrong, but I do think theres certainly some convergant evolution in design for Soccer and Rugby kits. There are differing demands of the kits- a rugby kit needs to be stronger and less smooth in certain areas - but a lot of the goals would be same. Lightweight, breathable, moisture removal, quite form hugging, and functional as a leisurewear item. And if the fit is the same, then the costs to the maker are reduced meaning greater profitability

As an aside, there were hightlights of Gillingham vs Fulham from the old Division Three as part of an old Match of the Day from 1983 on Eir Sports yesterday (Gillingham had Tony Cascarino, Steve Bruce and Mickey Adams in their team) - the Gillingham kit looked really modern, it wouldn't have been out of place in the game today style-wise
I have Bumbleflex
The Doc
Rhys Ruddock

Post by The Doc »

LeinsterLeader wrote: September 30th, 2020, 9:57 am inspired by the rivers of Leinster.
Looks more like it is inspired by the shores of Dublin Bay when the treatment plant gets overloaded
I like your right leg. A lovely leg for the role.
I've got nothing against your right leg.
The trouble is ... neither have you
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

The Doc wrote: September 30th, 2020, 12:42 pm
LeinsterLeader wrote: September 30th, 2020, 9:57 am inspired by the rivers of Leinster.
Looks more like it is inspired by the shores of Dublin Bay when the treatment plant gets overloaded
:lol:
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

Dave Cahill wrote: September 30th, 2020, 12:37 pm
LeRouxIsPHat wrote: September 30th, 2020, 11:44 am It’s basically the same as the Liverpool away jersey. Think someone (Dave?) mentioned that there’s been a push to make rugby jerseys more like football ones in recent years but might be remembering that wrong.
I dont think it was me, could be wrong, but I do think theres certainly some convergant evolution in design for Soccer and Rugby kits. There are differing demands of the kits- a rugby kit needs to be stronger and less smooth in certain areas - but a lot of the goals would be same. Lightweight, breathable, moisture removal, quite form hugging, and functional as a leisurewear item. And if the fit is the same, then the costs to the maker are reduced meaning greater profitability

As an aside, there were hightlights of Gillingham vs Fulham from the old Division Three as part of an old Match of the Day from 1983 on Eir Sports yesterday (Gillingham had Tony Cascarino, Steve Bruce and Mickey Adams in their team) - the Gillingham kit looked really modern, it wouldn't have been out of place in the game today style-wise
Well I was right that it was in your wheelhouse anyway :lol:

I hate those kind of jerseys you describe, they’re too tight and hot as f*ck. Much prefer to wear the gym tops and training Ts for exercising, Tag etc. I haven’t played properly in about 5 years but the club jerseys were just about okay because 80% of them were XXL so had plenty of room if you weren’t first to the bag, but the material was still horrible.
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

Sorry, when I say leisurewear, I didn't mean for exercise, I mean for ordinary wearing like you would a t-shirt, my bad.
I have Bumbleflex
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

I got you, I just wanted a rant about the jerseys. Whatever the goal might be I just find them too hot and restricting, even for playing!
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

I like it. I won't be buying it. I've never bought an alternative Jersey. But it's not aimed at aullads I'll wager.
Also... Rugby fans in "being conservative" shocker! Hold the front page. :lol:
Oldschoolsocks
Shane Horgan

Post by Oldschoolsocks »

Peg Leg wrote: September 30th, 2020, 9:59 am
curates_egg wrote:Worst ever. Hands down.

The magic schtick is, they've given a 6 year old 3 shades of blue to use in their TYBO Tie-dye kit. That's it.
The pearly blue effervescence evokes a time not long ago when the patina on a polished concrete kitchen top sparkled with some drops of spilled champagne celebrated the might of the booming Celtic Tiger economy and Cuige Laigheann ready to take its place amongst the greats not just of world rugby, but of the very world itself.
hugonaut
Shane Jennings

Post by hugonaut »

Oldschoolsocks wrote: October 1st, 2020, 10:10 pm
The pearly blue effervescence evokes a time not long ago when the patina on a polished concrete kitchen top sparkled with some drops of spilled champagne celebrated the might of the booming Celtic Tiger economy and Cuige Laigheann ready to take its place amongst the greats not just of world rugby, but of the very world itself.
Way better!
LeinsterLeader
Seán Cronin

Post by LeinsterLeader »

Merry Xmas everybody! :D

Lifestyle have 40% off almost everything Leinster today only. Get an extra 10% off with the Leinster Membership code

Sizes going fast so Fill your Boots. :happy clapper:
rosscarrick
Knowledgeable

Post by rosscarrick »

Urgh, where would I go about finding that code? Would it be in an old email?
The French are predictably unpredictable
LeinsterLeader
Seán Cronin

Post by LeinsterLeader »

rosscarrick wrote: November 16th, 2020, 11:30 am Urgh, where would I go about finding that code? Would it be in an old email?
I'm sorry but that code is strictly for Leinster Members :| ......

..... or you could just check out the "2000/21 Membership" thread :wink:
mfjoc
Graduate

Post by mfjoc »

Looks like practically everything available at serious discount.
Just got my Christmas present from me to me sorted!
domhnallj
Rhys Ruddock

Post by domhnallj »

Lifestyle sports mondo sale now on. Get it if you already don’t have it.
"That was shiterarse coaches need to look at themselves this is as bad at is.beem with school. Items impeovrnkyb neefedc"

Golf Man sums up the mood of a nation
cormac
Rob Kearney

Post by cormac »

New Euro jersey out next week (25th) as well as new training gear.
Look out Itchy, he's Irish