Munster in the Aviva, August 22nd, 7.35pm KO

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

FLIP
Seán Cronin

Re: Munster in the Aviva, August 22nd, 7.35pm KO

Post by FLIP »

Twist wrote: August 22nd, 2020, 9:41 pm I was listening rather than watching, but is it not disappointing that we didnt pull away in the last quarter considering their injuries?
Officials trying their best to stop us doing just that.
Anyone But New Zealand
bluemagic
Enlightened

Post by bluemagic »

I think Munster will come out of that one a lot happier than we will. The way we play means it’s going to take us longer to get back to that level of fluidity.

Also, how much better are Munster with Casey? They didn’t have a fluent attack until he came on.
**** LEINSTER Champions Of Europe 2009/2011/2012/2018 ****
enby
Rhys Ruddock

Post by enby »

what was Joe thinking of bringing that cart horse Kleyn to the World Cup? Toner, Dillane even Holland are far more effective
Blueberry
Mullet

Post by Blueberry »

World class passing from Murray, World class Earls, world class this world class that.....:)
OTT
Rhys Ruddock

Post by OTT »

Twist wrote: August 22nd, 2020, 9:41 pm I was listening rather than watching, but is it not disappointing that we didnt pull away in the last quarter considering their injuries?

He binned Toner at the start of this period for jumping across and taking the opposition jumper out in the lineout, obviously he didn’t take him out and actually competed for the ball. That gave them good field position and They scored their First comeback try a couple of mins later.
"Horrocks went one way, Taylor the other and I was left holding the bloody hyphen!"

~The Late Great Mick English
Blueberry
Mullet

Post by Blueberry »

Bring back the crowds and get rid of Munster refs and all will be back to normal......:)
cormac
Rob Kearney

Post by cormac »

LeRouxIsPHat wrote: August 22nd, 2020, 9:35 pm
cormac wrote: August 22nd, 2020, 9:31 pm Happy with a losing bonus point???? I'd be appalled if we did the same.
I don’t think Casey was, it looked like he wanted to play on but was under orders not to. Tbf you can imagine that the players were exhausted and playing on might have led to another injury. If players were cramping up it probably wasn’t worth the risk from there.
Thought they'd at least try something for a few phases.
Look out Itchy, he's Irish
hugonaut
Shane Jennings

Post by hugonaut »

Dave Cahill wrote: August 22nd, 2020, 9:29 pm Considering the length of layoffs, its a testament to both teams how high a standard that game was
Absolutely. A good, well-contested game with some high quality moments in it. One of the better 'regular' season interpros we have had.
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

cormac wrote: August 22nd, 2020, 9:31 pm Happy with a losing bonus point???? I'd be appalled if we did the same.
I don’t think Casey was, it looked like he wanted to play on but was under orders not to. Tbf you can imagine that the players were exhausted and playing on might have led to another injury. If players were cramping up it probably wasn’t worth the risk from there.
I thought it was a really odd call immediately, but what you're saying makes sense
I have Bumbleflex
Blueberry
Mullet

Post by Blueberry »

Would have been going mental if we kicked it out, the losing bonus pt is no use to them, it was surrender monkey stuff
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

cormac wrote: August 22nd, 2020, 9:59 pm
Thought they'd at least try something for a few phases.
I think they waited to see if they could get a penalty from the maul and once they didn’t it wasn’t worth trying to go the length. Fair enough in the circumstances IMO.
Blueberry
Mullet

Post by Blueberry »

Surrender monkeys
RichardP
Graduate

Post by RichardP »

mildlyinterested wrote: August 22nd, 2020, 2:23 pm I expect to see Neville refereeing one offside line a lot more than an other, like previous.
Too bad she couldn’t differentiate between a cheating THP and the lHP she kept incorrectly calling at fault.
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

JVG didn’t sound too positive about Snyman and Kilcoyne,would be a huge blow if they’re missing in two weeks.
Theleinsterlad
Enlightened

Post by Theleinsterlad »

What happened Dave Kearney my link froze and next thing I see Gibson park on the wing
Blueberry
Mullet

Post by Blueberry »

He literally turned into JGP, in front of our very eyes...never seen anything like it:)

(DK lost his hammer....)
Blueberry
Mullet

Post by Blueberry »

Jeepers if they have lost Snyman for a stretch and De Allende looks about as interested as Liam Toland is in Leinster....that is a bad blow.
enby
Rhys Ruddock

Post by enby »

great experience for Baird. Imagine the praise heaped upon him by Toland if he were in red. Doris is definitely more effective at 8 though he did have a better 2nd half. VDF was his usual quietly brilliant self.

Casey looks like a super 9 and he will give Murray a run for his money. Stander is by far Munster's best forward, they'd be lost without him
Dexter
Shane Horgan

Post by Dexter »

I know it's only one game, but DDA looked like a less skillful, dirty, version of Chris Farrell.
Dont Panic!
SoupyNorman
Bookworm

Post by SoupyNorman »

Agree about the colour commentary being painful and Ringrose MOTM by a country mile.

One other thing. Why was all the post match focus still on Munster trying to avoid a return to Dublin to play Leinster in a semi-final by catching Edinburgh. The way the table is; and with Edinburgh facing a disinterested Glasgow side there is virtually no chance and there main concern should be potentially being caught by Scarlets.
Also; maybe they are expecting Munster to guarantee a result over Connacht; but that is a little disrespectful and also against the narrative you expect them to push about Interprovincial matches. Anyway there 90% a lock for 2nd place; but if they don't make it it will be due to missing out on the play-offs entirely.