Leinster Academy 2021-22

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

Re: Leinster Academy 20-21

Post by mildlyinterested »

Connacht A play Leinster A next Saturday at 13:00 at the sportsground. Its being streamed by connacht.
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

LH Prop
Michael Milne(Roscrea/UCD) - injured
Marcus Hanan(Clane/Old Belvedere)
Jack Boyle(St. Michaels/UCD)

TH Prop
Tom Clarkson(Blackrock/DUFC) - injured

Hooker
John McKee(Campbell/Old Belvedere)
Lee Barron(St. Michaels/DUFC)

Lock
Charlie Ryan(Blackrock/UCD) - injured
Brian Deeny(Wexford RFC/Clontarf) - injured
Joe McCarthy(Blackrock/DUFC)

Backrow
Martin Moloney(Athy RFC/Clontarf) - injured
Sean O’Brien(Blackrock/UCD)
Alex Soroka(Belvedere/Clontarf)
Mark Hernan(St. Michaels/Lansdowne)
Aaron Coleman(Belvedere/DUFC)

Scrumhalf
Cormac Foley(St. Gerards/Lansdowne)
Ben Murphy(Pres Bray/Old Wesley)

Outhalf

David Hawkshaw(Belvedere/Clontarf) - injured
Tim Corkery(Kilkenny RFC/UCD)

Centre
Liam Turner(Blackrock/DUFC) - injured
Jamie Osborne(Naas/Naas)
Marcus Kiely(Newbridge/Naas)

Back Three
Michael Silvester(Clongowes/DUFC) - injured
Aaron O’Sullivan(Exile/Blackrock) - injured
Max O’Reilly(St. Gerards/DUFC)
Niall Comerford(Blackrock/UCD)
Andrew Smith(St. Michaels/Clontarf) - injured
Rob Russell(St. Michaels/DUFC)
Chris Cosgrave(St. Michaels/UCD)
Lock9541
Graduate

Post by Lock9541 »

Very very interesting Leinster A match day 23..
Theleinsterlad
Enlightened

Post by Theleinsterlad »

Is it just bad luck or is this large run of injuries throughout the whole structure - senior team and academy a source of serious concern for us.
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

Theleinsterlad wrote: April 9th, 2021, 9:20 pm Is it just bad luck or is this large run of injuries throughout the whole structure - senior team and academy a source of serious concern for us.
Cause for concern anyway.. not sure if it's bad luck or part of a wider issue with s+c
the spoofer
Shane Horgan

Post by the spoofer »

Not sure where to reply but the article by Demented Mole was excellent. Last paragraph was like some assignments I did in college where I just wanted to finish but the rest was so informative and interesting.
Lock9541
Graduate

Post by Lock9541 »

_
Workhorse
Bookworm

Post by Workhorse »

Can we just skip the whole "we need to look at what our S&C staff are doing to cause all these injuries" bull this time? Lost track of how many times on here (the same) posters have attempted to lay the blame for injuries at the feet of our S&C staff, who are some of the best in the world at injury prevention, and after doing anything (or failing to do anything) to cause these injuries. We've established this numerous times over.
Oldschoolsocks
Shane Horgan

Post by Oldschoolsocks »

Workhorse wrote: April 12th, 2021, 5:02 pm Can we just skip the whole "we need to look at what our S&C staff are doing to cause all these injuries" bull this time? Lost track of how many times on here (the same) posters have attempted to lay the blame for injuries at the feet of our S&C staff, who are some of the best in the world at injury prevention, and after doing anything (or failing to do anything) to cause these injuries. We've established this numerous times over.
I don’t think I’ve commented on this before but as this is such a collision driven sport and S&C is a huge part in preparation for the physical tolls taxing the players bodies I think it’s perfectly valid to discuss.

I know nothing of the S&C setup, but from various conversations with retired players the S&C protocols seem to have played a lot into bum shoulders, wonky backs and knackered knees. Maybe this is all in the past, but I’d be interested in reading a discussion on it.
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

I wonder if Leinster A will play again soon...
Workhorse
Bookworm

Post by Workhorse »

Oldschoolsocks wrote: April 12th, 2021, 5:23 pm I don’t think I’ve commented on this before but as this is such a collision driven sport and S&C is a huge part in preparation for the physical tolls taxing the players bodies I think it’s perfectly valid to discuss.

I know nothing of the S&C setup, but from various conversations with retired players the S&C protocols seem to have played a lot into bum shoulders, wonky backs and knackered knees. Maybe this is all in the past, but I’d be interested in reading a discussion on it.
I'm not engaging on this topic again it has been discussed dozons of times here (and that's not an exaggeration). Every time it amounts to nothing more than baseless accusations with no more evidence than "it seems like we get a lot of injuries" against people who are doing their job perfectly well. No value at all in the discussion.

Former Leinster S&C staff have become world leaders in injury prevention and Leinster are their main clients and they work with teams in all sports all over the world and have the stats to show what they're doing works.

Rugby is a collision sport and impact injuries can't be got away from and leinster are over cautious with regards to injuries. That's the long and short of the conversation.
Oldschoolsocks
Shane Horgan

Post by Oldschoolsocks »

Workhorse wrote: April 12th, 2021, 10:54 pm
Oldschoolsocks wrote: April 12th, 2021, 5:23 pm I don’t think I’ve commented on this before but as this is such a collision driven sport and S&C is a huge part in preparation for the physical tolls taxing the players bodies I think it’s perfectly valid to discuss.

I'm not engaging on this topic again it has been discussed dozons of times here (and that's not an exaggeration). Every time it amounts to nothing more than baseless accusations with no more evidence than "it seems like we get a lot of injuries" against people who are doing their job perfectly well. No value at all in the discussion.

Former Leinster S&C staff have become world leaders in injury prevention and Leinster are their main clients and they work with teams in all sports all over the world and have the stats to show what they're doing works.

Rugby is a collision sport and impact injuries can't be got away from and leinster are over cautious with regards to injuries. That's the long and short of the conversation.
Fairy nuff, you see no value in a discussion on a perfectly valid topic.

Understood...
Workhorse
Bookworm

Post by Workhorse »

Oldschoolsocks wrote: April 12th, 2021, 11:52 pm

Understood...
I see no value in discussing the same topic over and over when nobody has anything new to add and one side are trying to say people are bad at their job with absolutely no evidence to back that up. Which is actually a disgraceful thing to be doing.
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

Tom Clarkson graduating to a senior contract early confirmed this morning on Leinster's twitter account.
hugonaut
Shane Jennings

Post by hugonaut »

mildlyinterested wrote: April 13th, 2021, 11:35 am Tom Clarkson graduating to a senior contract early confirmed this morning on Leinster's twitter account.
Good for him. He outplayed his academy contract and deserves the salary bump. He has been very well-regarded in the academy set-up, from what I have heard anecdotally. Very keen competitive edge and a resilient character.

He's very, very young for a senior tighthead, loads of room for growth and improvement.
The Doc
Rhys Ruddock

Post by The Doc »

hugonaut wrote: April 13th, 2021, 11:40 am
mildlyinterested wrote: April 13th, 2021, 11:35 am Tom Clarkson graduating to a senior contract early confirmed this morning on Leinster's twitter account.
Good for him. He outplayed his academy contract and deserves the salary bump. He has been very well-regarded in the academy set-up, from what I have heard anecdotally. Very keen competitive edge and a resilient character.

He's very, very young for a senior tighthead, loads of room for growth and improvement.
Hmmm - last couple of days look like beefing up our TH roster. In advance of somebody moving off it? Either to LH or to another team
I like your right leg. A lovely leg for the role.
I've got nothing against your right leg.
The trouble is ... neither have you
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

The Doc wrote: April 13th, 2021, 11:46 am
hugonaut wrote: April 13th, 2021, 11:40 am

Hmmm - last couple of days look like beefing up our TH roster. In advance of somebody moving off it? Either to LH or to another team
Michael Bent is returning to NZ.
LeinsterLeader
Seán Cronin

Post by LeinsterLeader »

mildlyinterested wrote: April 13th, 2021, 11:53 am
Is he retiring or getting a better offer over there MI?

I'd feel a lot better about things if it was his decision rather then Leinsters
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

LeinsterLeader wrote: April 13th, 2021, 11:56 am
mildlyinterested wrote: April 13th, 2021, 11:53 am
Is he retiring or getting a better offer over there MI?

I'd feel a lot better about things if it was his decision rather then Leinsters
I think he is retiring. but not sure tbh
Oldschoolsocks
Shane Horgan

Post by Oldschoolsocks »

Workhorse wrote: April 13th, 2021, 12:24 am
Oldschoolsocks wrote: April 12th, 2021, 11:52 pm

Understood...
I see no value in discussing the same topic over and over when nobody has anything new to add and one side are trying to say people are bad at their job with absolutely no evidence to back that up. Which is actually a disgraceful thing to be doing.
I have no opinion on whether these peeps are good at their job or not, I’d be more interested in what systems/methods are being programmed and how they map to other similar sports.