Leinster Academy 2021-22

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

Post Reply
User avatar
Theleinsterlad
Graduate
Posts: 649
Joined: April 22nd, 2018, 7:18 pm

Re: Leinster Academy 2021-22

Post by Theleinsterlad »

alanair wrote: April 25th, 2022, 10:42 am
LeRouxIsPHat wrote: April 24th, 2022, 11:47 pm Some brilliant rugby all round but Edogbo… :shock: . Great hands, lines, and support play to go with his obvious power and pace.

Nice to see Spicer get lifted easily and he’s definitely got something about him other than pure size.
If Munster academy dont snap up Edogbo, we should be down to Cobh post haste !!!
Omg is he not in their academy??? Jesus that’s poor if not, he looks a real player
ormond lad
Graduate
Posts: 564
Joined: September 30th, 2010, 5:04 pm

Re: Leinster Academy 2021-22

Post by ormond lad »

Theleinsterlad wrote: April 25th, 2022, 11:40 am
alanair wrote: April 25th, 2022, 10:42 am
LeRouxIsPHat wrote: April 24th, 2022, 11:47 pm Some brilliant rugby all round but Edogbo… :shock: . Great hands, lines, and support play to go with his obvious power and pace.

Nice to see Spicer get lifted easily and he’s definitely got something about him other than pure size.
If Munster academy dont snap up Edogbo, we should be down to Cobh post haste !!!
Omg is he not in their academy??? Jesus that’s poor if not, he looks a real player
He's still in school. playing cobh 18s. nothing poor about it.
User avatar
ronk
Cian Healy
Posts: 12684
Joined: April 9th, 2009, 12:42 am

Re: Leinster Academy 2021-22

Post by ronk »

Sign him anyway. Don't give Munster the chance to thrash his career.
User avatar
Theleinsterlad
Graduate
Posts: 649
Joined: April 22nd, 2018, 7:18 pm

Re: Leinster Academy 2021-22

Post by Theleinsterlad »

ronk wrote: April 25th, 2022, 3:52 pm Sign him anyway. Don't give Munster the chance to thrash his career.
:lol:
User avatar
dropkick
Rhys Ruddock
Posts: 2059
Joined: January 2nd, 2007, 12:27 am
Location: Cork

Re: Leinster Academy 2021-22

Post by dropkick »

Theleinsterlad wrote: April 25th, 2022, 11:40 am
alanair wrote: April 25th, 2022, 10:42 am
LeRouxIsPHat wrote: April 24th, 2022, 11:47 pm Some brilliant rugby all round but Edogbo… :shock: . Great hands, lines, and support play to go with his obvious power and pace.

Nice to see Spicer get lifted easily and he’s definitely got something about him other than pure size.
If Munster academy dont snap up Edogbo, we should be down to Cobh post haste !!!
Omg is he not in their academy??? Jesus that’s poor if not, he looks a real player
Wait until these players are playing U20 where they're up against quality defences.

That match would have been better as a leinster vs the rest match.
mildlyinterested
Rob Kearney
Posts: 8253
Joined: April 19th, 2017, 9:56 am

Re: Leinster Academy 2021-22

Post by mildlyinterested »

Charlie Sheridan(13) looks an excellent prospect coming through the club system, Tadhg Brophy(9) is an exciting player too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZDOp6Zg ... ishRugbyTV
Lock9541
Knowledgeable
Posts: 369
Joined: January 31st, 2021, 9:49 pm

Re: Leinster Academy 2021-22

Post by Lock9541 »

Heard Fionn Gibbons is off to Connacht
mildlyinterested
Rob Kearney
Posts: 8253
Joined: April 19th, 2017, 9:56 am

Re: Leinster Academy 2021-22

Post by mildlyinterested »

Lock9541 wrote: April 26th, 2022, 1:16 pm Heard Fionn Gibbons is off to Connacht
wouldnt be a huge surprise if true.

probably be a good move for him as I don't see him beating out Osborne at 13 any time soon and not sure if he is a wing at pro level, Hugh Cooney coming up at u19 level too.
mildlyinterested
Rob Kearney
Posts: 8253
Joined: April 19th, 2017, 9:56 am

Re: Leinster Academy 2021-22

Post by mildlyinterested »

U20's,U19's and U18's in action for Ireland in 2022

LH Prop
Jack Boyle (St. Michaels College/UCD) - u20
Oisin Michel (Cill Dard RFC/Lansdowne) - u20
George Hadden (Gorey RFC/Clontarf FC) - u19
Tom Stewart (St. Michael’s College) - u18a
Adam Watchorn (Kilkenny College) - u18b
Grant Palmer (Wexford RFC) - u18b

TH Prop
Rory McGuire (Blackrock College/UCD) - u20
Paddy McCarthy (Blackrock College) - u19
George Morris (Gonzaga College) - u19
Andrew Sparrow (St. Mary’s College) - u18a
Adam Shirley (Kilkenny College) - u18b

Hooker
Gus McCarthy (Blackrock College) - u19(injured)
Tom Barry (Gonzaga College/Lansdowne FC) - u19
Niall O'Hanlon (Athy RFC) - u18b

Lock
Mark Morrissey (Blackrock College/UCD) - u20
Conor O'Tighearnaigh (St. Michaels College/UCD) - u20*
Daniel Leane (St. Mary’s College/St. Mary’s College RFC) - u19
James Doyle (Enniscorthy RFC) - u19
Alan Spicer (Belvedere College) - u18b

Backrow
James Culhane (Blackrock College/UCD) - u20
Diarmuid Mangan (Newbridge College/UCD) - u20*
Liam Molony (Blackrock College RFC) - u19
Tom Brigg (Blackrock College) - u18a
Inigo Cruise O’Brien (Blackrock College) - u18a
Stephen Smyth (Kilkenny College) - u18a
Paul Wilson (Gonzaga College) - u18b

Scrumhalf
Fintan Gunne (St. Michaels College) - u19(injured)
Oliver Coffey (Blackrock College) - u18a
Tadhg Brophy (Newbridge College) - u18b

Outhalf
Charlie Tector (Kilkenny College/Lansdowne) - u20
Sam Prendergast (Newbridge College/Lansdowne FC) - u19
Matty Lynch (Terenure College/DUFC) - u19
Jack Murphy (Presentation College Bray) - u18a
Sean Naughton (Kilkenny College) - u18a
Tom Larke (Old Wesley RFC) - u18b

Centre
Ben Brownlee (Blackrock College/UCD) - u20
Daniel Hawkshaw (Belvedere College/Clontarf) - u20
Fionn Gibbons (Castleknock College/UCD) - u20
Hugh Cooney (Blackrock College) - u19
Sam Berman (St Michael’s College) - u18a
Luke Kritzinger (Blackrock College) - u18a
Charlie Sheridan (Naas RFC) - u18b
Wilhelm de Klerk (St Michael’s College) - u18b

Back Three
Dylan O'Grady (Belvedere College/UCD) - u20
Aitzol King (Balbriggan RFC-CUS/Clontarf) - u20
Shane Mallon (Longford RFC-Roscrea/UCD) - u20
James Nicholson (St. Michael’s College) - u19
Reuben Moloney (Blackrock College) - u18a
Hugo McLaughlin (Gonzaga College) - u18a
Finn Treacy (Presentation College Bray) - u18a
Fifteen
Beginner
Posts: 13
Joined: November 17th, 2021, 11:44 am

Re: Leinster Academy 2021-22

Post by Fifteen »

Theleinsterlad wrote: April 24th, 2022, 11:05 pm
Some very impressive rugby on show there
I was at the match and to be honest imho I think the score and highlights are a bit flattering to the Irish lads. There was some super rugby at times but also some poor stuff especially in the first 20 minutes where Leinster had the lead through an excellent try. The Leinster side looked like a thrown together schools U18s screening side shored up with a couple of U19s and they just ran out of steam and cohesion in the 2nd half. Still, some nice talent there on both sides.
mildlyinterested
Rob Kearney
Posts: 8253
Joined: April 19th, 2017, 9:56 am

Re: Leinster Academy 2021-22

Post by mildlyinterested »

Lock9541 wrote: April 26th, 2022, 1:16 pm Heard Fionn Gibbons is off to Connacht
Munster apparently.
User avatar
bluemagic
Enlightened
Posts: 887
Joined: February 26th, 2011, 11:29 am

Re: Leinster Academy 2021-22

Post by bluemagic »

mildlyinterested wrote: April 26th, 2022, 12:58 pm Charlie Sheridan(13) looks an excellent prospect coming through the club system, Tadhg Brophy(9) is an exciting player too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZDOp6Zg ... ishRugbyTV
Am I the only one read this thinking this was their ages?
**** LEINSTER Champions Of Europe 2009/2011/2012/2018 ****
mildlyinterested
Rob Kearney
Posts: 8253
Joined: April 19th, 2017, 9:56 am

Re: Leinster Academy 2021-22

Post by mildlyinterested »

bluemagic wrote: April 28th, 2022, 12:06 pm
mildlyinterested wrote: April 26th, 2022, 12:58 pm Charlie Sheridan(13) looks an excellent prospect coming through the club system, Tadhg Brophy(9) is an exciting player too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZDOp6Zg ... ishRugbyTV
Am I the only one read this thinking this was their ages?
hopefully
Lock9541
Knowledgeable
Posts: 369
Joined: January 31st, 2021, 9:49 pm

Re: Leinster Academy 2021-22

Post by Lock9541 »

bluemagic wrote: April 28th, 2022, 12:06 pm
mildlyinterested wrote: April 26th, 2022, 12:58 pm Charlie Sheridan(13) looks an excellent prospect coming through the club system, Tadhg Brophy(9) is an exciting player too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZDOp6Zg ... ishRugbyTV
Am I the only one read this thinking this was their ages?
I thought that too 😂
mildlyinterested
Rob Kearney
Posts: 8253
Joined: April 19th, 2017, 9:56 am

Re: Leinster Academy 2021-22

Post by mildlyinterested »

Shane Mallon to Connacht too apparently
User avatar
the spoofer
Seán Cronin
Posts: 3220
Joined: February 17th, 2006, 5:35 pm
Location: Leinster West

Re: Leinster Academy 2021-22

Post by the spoofer »

mildlyinterested wrote: April 28th, 2022, 1:55 pm Shane Mallon to Connacht too apparently
Delighted for Shane. He is a Leitrim man after all!
mildlyinterested
Rob Kearney
Posts: 8253
Joined: April 19th, 2017, 9:56 am

Re: Leinster Academy 2021-22

Post by mildlyinterested »

Rumoured additions to academy:

Rory McGuire(TH Prop)
James Culhane(Backrow)
Charlie Tector(Outhalf)
Ben Brownlee(Centre)
Aitzol King(Wing)
mildlyinterested
Rob Kearney
Posts: 8253
Joined: April 19th, 2017, 9:56 am

Re: Leinster Academy 2021-22

Post by mildlyinterested »

Academy would look something like this?
LH Prop
Marcus Hanan (21/Clane RFC/Old Belvedere) - Year 3
Jack Boyle (19/St. Michaels/UCD) - Year 2

TH Prop
Temi Lasisi (20/Enniscorthy RFC/Lansdowne) - Year 2
Rory McGuire (U20/Blackrock College/UCD) - Year 1

Hooker
John McKee (22/Campbell/Old Belvedere) - Year 3
Lee Barron (21/St. Michaels/DUFC) - Year 2

Lock-Blindside
Alex Soroka (21/Belvedere/Clontarf) - Year 3
Diarmuid Mangan(19/Newbridge/UCD) - Year 1

Backrow
Sean O'Brien (21/Blackrock/UCD) - Year 3
Mark Hernan (21/St. Michaels/Lansdowne) - Year 2
James Culhane (U20/Blackrock/UCD) - Year 1

Scrumhalf
Ben Murphy (20/Pres Bray/Old Wesley) - Year 2

Outhalf
Charlie Tector (20/Kilkenny/Lansdowne) - Year 1
Sam Prendergast (19/Newbridge/Lansdowne) - Year 1

Centre
Ben Brownlee (U20/Blackrock/UCD) - Year 1

Back Three
Andrew Smith (21/St. Michaels/Clontarf) - Year 3
Max O'Reilly (21/St. Gerards/DUFC) - Year 3
Chris Cosgrave (20/St. Michaels/UCD) - Year 2
Aitzol King (U20/Balbriggan RFC-CUS/Clontarf) - Year 1
Surely one or two of the back three players will be moved on to the 7's program?

No locks in the academy would be a surprise.
Last edited by mildlyinterested on May 3rd, 2022, 11:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lock9541
Knowledgeable
Posts: 369
Joined: January 31st, 2021, 9:49 pm

Re: Leinster Academy 2021-22

Post by Lock9541 »

mildlyinterested wrote: April 29th, 2022, 8:44 am Rumoured additions to academy:

Rory McGuire(TH Prop)
James Culhane(Backrow)
Charlie Tector(Outhalf)
Ben Brownlee(Centre)
Aitzol King(Wing)
I heard the exact same aswell
User avatar
Theleinsterlad
Graduate
Posts: 649
Joined: April 22nd, 2018, 7:18 pm

Re: Leinster Academy 2021-22

Post by Theleinsterlad »

Lock9541 wrote: April 29th, 2022, 10:28 am
mildlyinterested wrote: April 29th, 2022, 8:44 am Rumoured additions to academy:

Rory McGuire(TH Prop)
James Culhane(Backrow)
Charlie Tector(Outhalf)
Ben Brownlee(Centre)
Aitzol King(Wing)
I heard the exact same aswell
Good group if true
Post Reply