Scrumhalf going forward

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

Post Reply
mildlyinterested
Shane Jennings
Posts: 6836
Joined: April 19th, 2017, 9:56 am

Re: Scrumhalf going forward

Post by mildlyinterested »

https://podcasts.google.com/feed/aHR0cH ... IAhAF&ep=6

Good podcast with JGP, revealed he has a year left on his contract with Leinster.

User avatar
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney
Posts: 9726
Joined: February 1st, 2010, 5:08 pm
Location: Procrastinasia
Contact:

Re: Scrumhalf going forward

Post by Peg Leg »

mildlyinterested wrote:
April 13th, 2021, 8:33 pm
https://podcasts.google.com/feed/aHR0cH ... IAhAF&ep=6

Good podcast with JGP, revealed he has a year left on his contract with Leinster.
Not sure I'd call it a good pod, but interesting tidbits. He wants to stay for another few years, doesn't really seem to rate NH players, thinks Henshaw is a beast and Jack Conan is a beast who plays like a Kiwi.
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan

User avatar
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney
Posts: 9726
Joined: February 1st, 2010, 5:08 pm
Location: Procrastinasia
Contact:

Re: Scrumhalf going forward

Post by Peg Leg »

mildlyinterested wrote:
April 13th, 2021, 8:33 pm
https://podcasts.google.com/feed/aHR0cH ... IAhAF&ep=6

Good podcast with JGP, revealed he has a year left on his contract with Leinster.
Oh, and thanks for sharing :!:
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan

mildlyinterested
Shane Jennings
Posts: 6836
Joined: April 19th, 2017, 9:56 am

Re: Scrumhalf going forward

Post by mildlyinterested »

what McCarthy brings next season:

his sublime pass
Image

and an underrated ability in the open field
Image

Blue Man
Bookworm
Posts: 222
Joined: March 26th, 2009, 7:35 pm

Re: Scrumhalf going forward

Post by Blue Man »

His pass is erratic and he has a step whilst his open field running appears to be a closely guarded secret!

backrower8
Mullet
Posts: 1069
Joined: December 4th, 2006, 6:13 pm
Location: Blackrock

Re: Scrumhalf going forward

Post by backrower8 »

mildlyinterested wrote:
April 14th, 2021, 10:24 pm
what McCarthy brings next season:

his sublime pass
Image

and an underrated ability in the open field
Image
+1.

A very intelligent and now a mature player too. Close to the finished article, he will only reach his full potential when he plays regularly, something he has struggled to do at two of Europe's best clubs. He will be the best passer in the roster. Has a break based on very good speed and will use it if confident in himself, which he will be as a 26 year old who has been brought back to the best club in Europe.

An excellent #3, well capable of performing at highest levels if called upon and waaaaaayyyy ahead of any other 9 currently with Leinster below Luke and JGP. Has played Champions Cup and has a Pro14 medal. Good business.

riocard911
Rhys Ruddock
Posts: 2444
Joined: July 27th, 2015, 10:42 pm

Re: Scrumhalf going forward

Post by riocard911 »

backrower8 wrote:
April 15th, 2021, 1:21 pm
mildlyinterested wrote:
April 14th, 2021, 10:24 pm
what McCarthy brings next season:

his sublime pass
Image

and an underrated ability in the open field
Image
+1.

A very intelligent and now a mature player too. Close to the finished article, he will only reach his full potential when he plays regularly, something he has struggled to do at two of Europe's best clubs. He will be the best passer in the roster. Has a break based on very good speed and will use it if confident in himself, which he will be as a 26 year old who has been brought back to the best club in Europe.

An excellent #3, well capable of performing at highest levels if called upon and waaaaaayyyy ahead of any other 9 currently with Leinster below Luke and JGP. Has played Champions Cup and has a Pro14 medal. Good business.
Agree totally!!!

wixfjord
Shane Jennings
Posts: 6880
Joined: April 13th, 2009, 1:00 pm

Re: Scrumhalf going forward

Post by wixfjord »

McCarthy is a very shrewd signing imo. Likely on buttons, comes back with a point to prove and he's exactly the profile of guy we need - solid third choice in his mid 20s who is good enough to bench in Europe and play Pro14 games.

mildlyinterested
Shane Jennings
Posts: 6836
Joined: April 19th, 2017, 9:56 am

Re: Scrumhalf going forward

Post by mildlyinterested »

wixfjord wrote:
April 15th, 2021, 1:36 pm
McCarthy is a very shrewd signing imo. Likely on buttons, comes back with a point to prove and he's exactly the profile of guy we need - solid third choice in his mid 20s who is good enough to bench in Europe and play Pro14 games.
not to mention he has played with most of the squad before, including some of the young leaders in the group since they were in their early teens.

leinster weren't going to get a better IQ'd 9 to come into the squad.

joooooe
Graduate
Posts: 560
Joined: April 7th, 2009, 12:04 pm

Re: Scrumhalf going forward

Post by joooooe »

backrower8 wrote:
April 15th, 2021, 1:21 pm
he will only reach his full potential when he plays regularly, something he has struggled to do at two of Europe's best clubs.
Leinster and UCD?

User avatar
Oldschoolsocks
Rhys Ruddock
Posts: 2693
Joined: January 4th, 2015, 10:36 am
Location: Stepping out of the Supernova

Re: Scrumhalf going forward

Post by Oldschoolsocks »

joooooe wrote:
April 15th, 2021, 4:23 pm
backrower8 wrote:
April 15th, 2021, 1:21 pm
he will only reach his full potential when he plays regularly, something he has struggled to do at two of Europe's best clubs.
Leinster and UCD?
:D

Post Reply