A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

cormac
Shane Jennings

Re: 2nd Row going forward

Post by cormac »

mildlyinterested wrote:
February 21st, 2021, 2:34 pm
Dev is four appearances from matching Darcys leinster appearance record.. might he have to get those appearances in next few weeks?
Leinster website has both on 257* appearances.

D'Arce: https://www.leinsterrugby.ie/historic-p ... d=GD120711

Toner: https://www.leinsterrugby.ie/player?PlayGuid=DT150994

*D'Arcy played 258 games according to my stats. Leinster website has him short one appearance in the 06/07 season.
Look out Itchy, he's Irish

mildlyinterested
Shane Jennings

Post by mildlyinterested »

cormac wrote:
February 21st, 2021, 3:24 pm
mildlyinterested wrote:
February 21st, 2021, 2:34 pm
Dev is four appearances from matching Darcys leinster appearance record.. might he have to get those appearances in next few weeks?
Leinster website has both on 257* appearances.

D'Arce: https://www.leinsterrugby.ie/historic-p ... d=GD120711

Toner: https://www.leinsterrugby.ie/player?PlayGuid=DT150994

*D'Arcy played 258 games according to my stats. Leinster website has him short one appearance in the 06/07 season.
yeah I know, Leinster has Darcy at 262 in this relatively recent article: https://www.leinsterrugby.ie/toner-seco ... pearances/

all rather confusing.

cormac
Shane Jennings

Post by cormac »

Thanks for that MI. Remember something similar when Shane Horgan retired in 2012. They credited him with more appearances than were showing up on his player profile.

They used to have the team sheets up for every game bar one or two on the old website as far back as the 95-96 season. Never really understood why there was a discrepancy in the appearance stats and didn't get an answer when I asked them. Seems to only affect players who played in matches up to the end of the 02-03 season. Could be that they made more substitute appearances than they were credited with on the website.

Any other stattos out there who know why?

Morf
Isa Nacewa

Post by Morf »

Xanthippe is the one to check with!

Xanthippe
Brian O'Driscoll

Post by Xanthippe »

Morf wrote:
February 21st, 2021, 9:05 pm
His correct total is 261 - the May 2007 game away to Cardiff was incorrectly credited to Matt D’Arcy and has been acknowledged though not corrected and I’m trying to find the other three missing games at the moment.

I believe they happened some time between Perpignan game in April 2003 (which I have as his 50th game) and Toulouse in April 2006 (which was definitely his 100th). Unfortunately I wasn’t keeping team sheets back then so it’s very difficult to locate reliable information.

I may have to take a subscription with the Irish Times so I can trawl their archives for match reports for those three years.
#LiveLifeLoveLeinster

#BeSeenBeHeardBeBlueBELIEVE

I'm a Book Mark and damn proud of it. Storm 1:08 forever

cormac
Shane Jennings

Post by cormac »

Xanthippe wrote:
February 22nd, 2021, 1:37 am
Morf wrote:
His correct total is 261 - the May 2007 game away to Cardiff was incorrectly credited to Matt D’Arcy and has been acknowledged though not corrected and I’m trying to find the other three missing games at the moment.

I believe they happened some time between Perpignan game in April 2003 (which I have as his 50th game) and Toulouse in April 2006 (which was definitely his 100th). Unfortunately I wasn’t keeping team sheets back then so it’s very difficult to locate reliable information.

I may have to take a subscription with the Irish Times so I can trawl their archives for match reports for those three years.
Thanks for that Xan. I have him on 50 appearances at the Perpignan game in 2003 (that was Leinster's last game of that season) too but I think the "extra" appearances actually happened before then as I've got full team-sheet records including unused subs for all matches from the start of the following season.

I don't have the full team-sheets for matches before then though so I've always assumed that the list of substitutions they have for games, especially ones that predated the start of the Celtic League were incomplete. All the discrepancies I've seen between a player's official number of appearances and the numbers shown on the website are all for players who made their debuts in the late 90's. Darce is only recorded as playing in 3 matches in 98-99 (debut season) out of a possible 12 matches and 6 matches in 99-00 out of a possible 13, so I've always just assumed he actually came off the bench a few more times in those seasons. Haven't been able to verify it though.

Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

Awesomely impressive stuff, people. :clap:
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.

Xanthippe
Brian O'Driscoll

Post by Xanthippe »

cormac wrote:
February 22nd, 2021, 8:35 am
Xanthippe wrote:
February 22nd, 2021, 1:37 am
Morf wrote:

Thanks for that Xan. I have him on 50 appearances at the Perpignan game in 2003 (that was Leinster's last game of that season) too but I think the "extra" appearances actually happened before then as I've got full team-sheet records including unused subs for all matches from the start of the following season.

I don't have the full team-sheets for matches before then though so I've always assumed that the list of substitutions they have for games, especially ones that predated the start of the Celtic League were incomplete. All the discrepancies I've seen between a player's official number of appearances and the numbers shown on the website are all for players who made their debuts in the late 90's. Darce is only recorded as playing in 3 matches in 98-99 (debut season) out of a possible 12 matches and 6 matches in 99-00 out of a possible 13, so I've always just assumed he actually came off the bench a few more times in those seasons. Haven't been able to verify it though.
Except Leinster only have him listed for 47 games between the Perpignan game (50 caps) and the Toulouse game (100 caps) so maybe we're all wrong about Perpignan being his 50th.

Also, is there any possible way I could get a copy of your team sheets from you - I'd love to add them to my collection (I can pm my email address)
#LiveLifeLoveLeinster

cormac
Shane Jennings

Post by cormac »

I have the team sheets in excel for any season you might want from 95-96 on so pm your e-mail address and I can send them on. Only have the unused sub details from 03/04 onwards though and there's a couple of teamsheets from 95-96 that I don't have (games against Natal XV and Waratahs).

Xanthippe
Brian O'Driscoll

Post by Xanthippe »

cormac wrote:
February 22nd, 2021, 1:01 pm
I have the team sheets in excel for any season you might want from 95-96 on so pm your e-mail address and I can send them on. Only have the unused sub details from 03/04 onwards though and there's a couple of teamsheets from 95-96 that I don't have (games against Natal XV and Waratahs).

Thanks a million- pm sent
#LiveLifeLoveLeinster