2nd Row going forward

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

cormac
Rob Kearney

Re: 2nd Row going forward

Post by cormac »

mildlyinterested wrote: February 21st, 2021, 2:34 pm Dev is four appearances from matching Darcys leinster appearance record.. might he have to get those appearances in next few weeks?
Leinster website has both on 257* appearances.

D'Arce: https://www.leinsterrugby.ie/historic-p ... d=GD120711

Toner: https://www.leinsterrugby.ie/player?PlayGuid=DT150994

*D'Arcy played 258 games according to my stats. Leinster website has him short one appearance in the 06/07 season.
Look out Itchy, he's Irish
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

Post by mildlyinterested »

cormac wrote: February 21st, 2021, 3:24 pm
mildlyinterested wrote: February 21st, 2021, 2:34 pm Dev is four appearances from matching Darcys leinster appearance record.. might he have to get those appearances in next few weeks?
Leinster website has both on 257* appearances.

D'Arce: https://www.leinsterrugby.ie/historic-p ... d=GD120711

Toner: https://www.leinsterrugby.ie/player?PlayGuid=DT150994

*D'Arcy played 258 games according to my stats. Leinster website has him short one appearance in the 06/07 season.
yeah I know, Leinster has Darcy at 262 in this relatively recent article: https://www.leinsterrugby.ie/toner-seco ... pearances/

all rather confusing.
cormac
Rob Kearney

Post by cormac »

Thanks for that MI. Remember something similar when Shane Horgan retired in 2012. They credited him with more appearances than were showing up on his player profile.

They used to have the team sheets up for every game bar one or two on the old website as far back as the 95-96 season. Never really understood why there was a discrepancy in the appearance stats and didn't get an answer when I asked them. Seems to only affect players who played in matches up to the end of the 02-03 season. Could be that they made more substitute appearances than they were credited with on the website.

Any other stattos out there who know why?
Morf
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Morf »

Xanthippe is the one to check with!
Xanthippe
Shane Horgan

Post by Xanthippe »

Morf wrote: February 21st, 2021, 9:05 pm Xanthippe is the one to check with!
His correct total is 261 - the May 2007 game away to Cardiff was incorrectly credited to Matt D’Arcy and has been acknowledged though not corrected and I’m trying to find the other three missing games at the moment.

I believe they happened some time between Perpignan game in April 2003 (which I have as his 50th game) and Toulouse in April 2006 (which was definitely his 100th). Unfortunately I wasn’t keeping team sheets back then so it’s very difficult to locate reliable information.

I may have to take a subscription with the Irish Times so I can trawl their archives for match reports for those three years.
#LiveLifeLoveLeinster

#BeSeenBeHeardBeBlueBELIEVE

I'm a Book Mark and damn proud of it. Storm 1:08 forever
cormac
Rob Kearney

Post by cormac »

Xanthippe wrote: February 22nd, 2021, 1:37 am
His correct total is 261 - the May 2007 game away to Cardiff was incorrectly credited to Matt D’Arcy and has been acknowledged though not corrected and I’m trying to find the other three missing games at the moment.

I believe they happened some time between Perpignan game in April 2003 (which I have as his 50th game) and Toulouse in April 2006 (which was definitely his 100th). Unfortunately I wasn’t keeping team sheets back then so it’s very difficult to locate reliable information.

I may have to take a subscription with the Irish Times so I can trawl their archives for match reports for those three years.
Thanks for that Xan. I have him on 50 appearances at the Perpignan game in 2003 (that was Leinster's last game of that season) too but I think the "extra" appearances actually happened before then as I've got full team-sheet records including unused subs for all matches from the start of the following season.

I don't have the full team-sheets for matches before then though so I've always assumed that the list of substitutions they have for games, especially ones that predated the start of the Celtic League were incomplete. All the discrepancies I've seen between a player's official number of appearances and the numbers shown on the website are all for players who made their debuts in the late 90's. Darce is only recorded as playing in 3 matches in 98-99 (debut season) out of a possible 12 matches and 6 matches in 99-00 out of a possible 13, so I've always just assumed he actually came off the bench a few more times in those seasons. Haven't been able to verify it though.
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

Awesomely impressive stuff, people. :clap:
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
Xanthippe
Shane Horgan

Post by Xanthippe »

cormac wrote: February 22nd, 2021, 8:35 am
Xanthippe wrote: February 22nd, 2021, 1:37 am

Thanks for that Xan. I have him on 50 appearances at the Perpignan game in 2003 (that was Leinster's last game of that season) too but I think the "extra" appearances actually happened before then as I've got full team-sheet records including unused subs for all matches from the start of the following season.

I don't have the full team-sheets for matches before then though so I've always assumed that the list of substitutions they have for games, especially ones that predated the start of the Celtic League were incomplete. All the discrepancies I've seen between a player's official number of appearances and the numbers shown on the website are all for players who made their debuts in the late 90's. Darce is only recorded as playing in 3 matches in 98-99 (debut season) out of a possible 12 matches and 6 matches in 99-00 out of a possible 13, so I've always just assumed he actually came off the bench a few more times in those seasons. Haven't been able to verify it though.
Except Leinster only have him listed for 47 games between the Perpignan game (50 caps) and the Toulouse game (100 caps) so maybe we're all wrong about Perpignan being his 50th.

Also, is there any possible way I could get a copy of your team sheets from you - I'd love to add them to my collection (I can pm my email address)
#LiveLifeLoveLeinster

cormac
Rob Kearney

Post by cormac »

I have the team sheets in excel for any season you might want from 95-96 on so pm your e-mail address and I can send them on. Only have the unused sub details from 03/04 onwards though and there's a couple of teamsheets from 95-96 that I don't have (games against Natal XV and Waratahs).
Xanthippe
Shane Horgan

Post by Xanthippe »

cormac wrote: February 22nd, 2021, 1:01 pm I have the team sheets in excel for any season you might want from 95-96 on so pm your e-mail address and I can send them on. Only have the unused sub details from 03/04 onwards though and there's a couple of teamsheets from 95-96 that I don't have (games against Natal XV and Waratahs).

Thanks a million- pm sent
#LiveLifeLoveLeinster

mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

Jack Dunne with 9 tackles in 10 minutes last night.

Also was involved with the final try, collecting spilled ball and passing it on to begin attack.
hugonaut
Shane Jennings

Post by hugonaut »

mildlyinterested wrote: March 1st, 2021, 12:48 pm Jack Dunne with 9 tackles in 10 minutes last night.

Also was involved with the final try, collecting spilled ball and passing it on to begin attack.
He looked strong out there, had a couple of good wrestles where he was able to turn ball-carriers backwards and get them on to their backs.
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

Thanks for the updates on Dunne. With Dev and Fardy approaching retirement, Baird and Ryan looking likely to be in the National squad, we need a couple of the NG to come good.
Never thought that Moloney was going to be anything more than a Pro12/14/16 level player but this season, in particular, he has nudged up a level and has become greater than the sum of his parts.
Question now is do we need to sign a NIQ SR instead of a prop.
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

hugonaut wrote: March 1st, 2021, 1:48 pm
mildlyinterested wrote: March 1st, 2021, 12:48 pm Jack Dunne with 9 tackles in 10 minutes last night.

He looked strong out there, had a couple of good wrestles where he was able to turn ball-carriers backwards and get them on to their backs.
Yeah thought he had some big tackles/hits.

Needs game time to speed up his development, might have to wait until next season for serious game time.
LeinsterLeader
Seán Cronin

Post by LeinsterLeader »

Oldschool wrote: March 1st, 2021, 2:03 pm Thanks for the updates on Dunne. With Dev and Fardy approaching retirement, Baird and Ryan looking likely to be in the National squad, we need a couple of the NG to come good.
Never thought that Moloney was going to be anything more than a Pro12/14/16 level player but this season, in particular, he has nudged up a level and has become greater than the sum of his parts.
Question now is do we need to sign a NIQ SR instead of a prop.
I'd like that to be honest. Ideally another Fardy ( I know they're thin on the ground), but someone who could work the back row if required, would be brilliant!

Wishful thinking I'd say, though
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

Scott Fardy(36) - 11 apps(527 mins)
Devin Toner(34) - 9 apps(454 mins)
Ross Molony(26) - 12 apps(583 mins)
James Ryan(24) - 6 apps(417 mins)
Jack Dunne(22) - 5 seniors apps(60 mins) + 4 Leinster A apps.
Ryan Baird(21) - 9 senior apps(515 mins)

Charlie Ryan(22) - 3 Leinster A apps. injured.
Brian Deeny(21) - 0 appearances, injured.
Joe McCarthy(19) - 3 Leinster A apps.
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

mildlyinterested wrote: March 2nd, 2021, 1:08 pm Scott Fardy(36) - 11 apps(527 mins)

You might be missing someone there Mildly.
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

blockhead wrote: March 2nd, 2021, 1:27 pm
mildlyinterested wrote: March 2nd, 2021, 1:08 pm Scott Fardy(36) - 11 apps(527 mins)

am I?
Xanthippe
Shane Horgan

Post by Xanthippe »

mildlyinterested wrote: March 2nd, 2021, 1:29 pm

am I?
Psst, MI - think of last weekend's game and our newest player :wink: (oh and yes, I know he came on for Josh Murphy but he's listed as a Lock on his bio)
#LiveLifeLoveLeinster

mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

Xanthippe wrote: March 2nd, 2021, 6:34 pm
mildlyinterested wrote: March 2nd, 2021, 1:29 pm

am I?
Psst, MI - think of last weekend's game and our newest player :wink: (oh and yes, I know he came on for Josh Murphy but he's listed as a Lock on his bio)
hmm yeah Soroka I considered listing him, but as he hasn't actually played lock since august/sept 2019 I decided against listing him as a lock for now. It will be interesting to see if he plays there for the 20's or not. Certainly has the height for it.