2nd Row going forward

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

Ruckedtobits
Rob Kearney

Re: 2nd Row going forward

Post by Ruckedtobits »

kendo90 wrote: July 22nd, 2020, 2:30 pm Another long time reader who’s new to posting here.
I’ve heard through the team Ireland channels that James Ryan has injured his shoulder in training and will miss the sarries game. Would be a terrible blow. Can anyone shed any light?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That is certainly being discussed in various places. Smoke / Fire ?
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

Post by mildlyinterested »

well thats not good.

although his shoulders look fine in a recent social media post he was tagged in. fwiw.
Ruckedtobits
Rob Kearney

Post by Ruckedtobits »

Healthcare sources referenced a "major Irish sports star" as having a shoulder op about two weeks ago and that his estimated 'return to competition' was 2-3 months. Hearing it, the assumption was an individual sportman e.g. athlete, rower or swimmer. However, comments on Monday was 'a big footballer or rugby player'.
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

if he had shoulder surgery he'd be in a sling right? or not necessarily?

either way he doesn't look like someone who just had shoulder surgery in the two recent photos of him I saw.
LeinsterLeader
Seán Cronin

Post by LeinsterLeader »

mildlyinterested wrote: July 22nd, 2020, 7:45 pm if he had shoulder surgery he'd be in a sling right? or not necessarily?

either way he doesn't look like someone who just had shoulder surgery in the two recent photos of him I saw.
He's a Michael's lad isn't he Mildly? Can you not just run around to his house :wink:
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

LeinsterLeader wrote: July 22nd, 2020, 7:52 pm
mildlyinterested wrote: July 22nd, 2020, 7:45 pm if he had shoulder surgery he'd be in a sling right? or not necessarily?

He's a Michael's lad isn't he Mildly? Can you not just run around to his house :wink:
:lol: how could I forget.
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

James Ryan turns 24 today, he's made 294 carries and 301 tackles in the Champions Cup since his European debut, only one other player has made 200+ carries and 200+ tackles in the tournament in that period.
leinsterforever
Mullet

Post by leinsterforever »

Who's the other? Stander?
paddyor
Shane Jennings

Post by paddyor »

Wouldn't need a sling after a couple of hours if even.
Ruddock's tackle stats consistently too low for me to be taken seriously as a Six Nations blindside..... Ruddock's defensive stats don't stack up. - All Blacks Nil, Jan 15th, 2014
England A 8 - 14 Ireland A, 25th Jan 2014
Ruddock(c) 19/2 Tackles
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

leinsterforever wrote: July 24th, 2020, 12:48 pm Who's the other? Stander?
Itoje or JvdF?
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

Jack Dunne and Charlie Ryan looking rather large in the background here:

Morf
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Morf »

Interesting to see how they react to Baird's meteoric rise.
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

they'll have grown up with Baird and will hardly be surprised I'd imagine.. they are really competing with each other as 5's, with Baird being a 4/6.
Morf
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Morf »

Not surprised but eager to prove their own mettle no doubt.
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

Ryan didn't sound like someone looking to far ahead in this interview from earlier this year:

https://www.leinsterrugby.ie/ryan-takin ... at-a-time/

both are only 21 and undoubtedly know that Fardy and Toner are in their mid 30's.
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

limited photos granted, but no sign of Jack Dunne the past two weeks..
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

good cameo last night from Baird, while Fardy wasn't up to his usual standards again..
neiliog93
Shane Horgan

Post by neiliog93 »

While Fardy has low mileage for his age and is playing in a position where some can play at the highest level until about 40, he's looked a bit slow since the season resumed and is 36 now (37 by end of the season). I wonder is he in decline? On the other hand, it might be that it's taking him time to get back up to speed, which is not uncommon in players 35+, and does necessarily meaning they won't get back to their previous standards after getting 4-5 games under their belt.
"This is breathless stuff.....it's on again. Contepomi out to Hickie,D'Arcy,Hickie.......................HICKIE FOR THE CORNER! THAT IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

mildlyinterested wrote: August 31st, 2020, 5:50 pm limited photos granted, but no sign of Jack Dunne the past two weeks..
back today.
TrapperChamonix
Mullet

Post by TrapperChamonix »

neiliog93 wrote: September 5th, 2020, 6:28 pm While Fardy has low mileage for his age and is playing in a position where some can play at the highest level until about 40, he's looked a bit slow since the season resumed and is 36 now (37 by end of the season). I wonder is he in decline? On the other hand, it might be that it's taking him time to get back up to speed, which is not uncommon in players 35+, and does necessarily meaning they won't get back to their previous standards after getting 4-5 games under their belt.
Fardy routinely takes up a position on the wing, particularly on the blind side. He does this whether he plays 6 or 5. Its noticable that Baird takes a similar position if Fardy is off and he is on.
Never argue with an idiot. Someone looking on may not be able tell the difference