2nd Row going forward

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

Laighin Break
Mullet

Re: 2nd Row going forward

Post by Laighin Break »

His comments afterwards were about how he idolised Dev and Fardy growing up, so it would seem like he's being primed for 2nd Row
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

Post by mildlyinterested »

Laighin Break wrote: March 2nd, 2021, 8:00 pm His comments afterwards were about how he idolised Dev and Fardy growing up, so it would seem like he's being primed for 2nd Row
Yeah that was his primary position growing up.. but as I said he hasn't played there in quite some time.. instead he has been playing 6 and 8.. personally I think his future is as a lock/blindside but until he starts playing lock again..
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

:mullet 1:
Last edited by mildlyinterested on March 3rd, 2021, 8:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CiaranIrl
Seán Cronin

Post by CiaranIrl »

mildlyinterested wrote: March 3rd, 2021, 11:21 am Physically, Dunne may be the most impressive lock in the squad.. :shock:

I wonder if players ever come on here, see a post like that about them, and get a bit weirded out.

Or alternatively, if their mates ever come on here, see a post like that, and take the piss out of them.
“As you all know first prize is a Cadillac El Dorado. Anyone wanna see second prize? Second prize is a set of steak knives. Third prize is you're fired.”
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

CiaranIrl wrote: March 3rd, 2021, 8:44 pm
mildlyinterested wrote: March 3rd, 2021, 11:21 am Physically, Dunne may be the most impressive lock in the squad.. :shock:

I wonder if players ever come on here, see a post like that about them, and get a bit weirded out.

Or alternatively, if their mates ever come on here, see a post like that, and take the piss out of them.
Fair :lol:
Morf
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Morf »

mildlyinterested wrote: March 3rd, 2021, 8:46 pm

Fair :lol:
Check out the theoretical physics on that lad :shock:
fourthirtythree
Leo Cullen

Post by fourthirtythree »

And someone is playing with his Wikipedia page ("Gigantor", five children, and a pigeon murdering incident, which couldn't have happened as I doubt he fits on a bike).
scentofgunpowder
Bookworm

Post by scentofgunpowder »

One time posters on here were posting pictures of a kid that was in my school, who wasn't even particularly interested in or good at rugby, and talking about how he was "thick across the chest." I thought it was extremely weird.
Jonny tight lips
Graduate

Post by Jonny tight lips »

I wonder do players ever come on her and complement their our physique ... what you think Jack?
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

fourthirtythree wrote: March 4th, 2021, 12:01 am And someone is playing with his Wikipedia page ("Gigantor", five children, and a pigeon murdering incident, which couldn't have happened as I doubt he fits on a bike).
The Japanese manga series "Gigantor" was shown here on TV in the Sixties. As a nipper I used to love it, but it didn't last very long unfortunately, before it was pulled....
jimbobjoe
Mullet

Post by jimbobjoe »

riocard911 wrote: March 4th, 2021, 1:15 pm
fourthirtythree wrote: March 4th, 2021, 12:01 am And someone is playing with his Wikipedia page ("Gigantor", five children, and a pigeon murdering incident, which couldn't have happened as I doubt he fits on a bike).
The Japanese manga series "Gigantor" was shown here on TV in the Sixties. As a nipper I used to love it, but it didn't last very long unfortunately, before it was pulled....
Had an excellent theme tune.. that's all i can remember of it
Theleinsterlad
Enlightened

Post by Theleinsterlad »

Photo of dunne says a lot of where he’s at that at this stage with so many injured and internationals he is still not getting run outs with fardy and toner who are on their last years being preferred. If Dunne had maloneys bite he would be challenging the Ireland 2nd rows with his height and build
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

Theleinsterlad wrote: March 5th, 2021, 11:22 am Photo of dunne says a lot of where he’s at that at this stage with so many injured and internationals he is still not getting run outs with fardy and toner who are on their last years being preferred. If Dunne had maloneys bite he would be challenging the Ireland 2nd rows with his height and build
Dunnes always been a project.. and he is currently 6th choice when there have been no 2nd row injuries really and it's hardly surprising to see Leo back experienced players like Fardy and Toner in the pro 14 run in when available given how many players are away with ireland. Hopefully Dunne can get more time in the remaining pro 14 games as he will be called upon next season much more.

Like the other young locks, not including Baird, there is a lot of development needed to reach their potential.
backrower8
Mullet

Post by backrower8 »

mildlyinterested wrote: March 5th, 2021, 11:26 am
Theleinsterlad wrote: March 5th, 2021, 11:22 am Photo of dunne says a lot of where he’s at that at this stage with so many injured and internationals he is still not getting run outs with fardy and toner who are on their last years being preferred. If Dunne had maloneys bite he would be challenging the Ireland 2nd rows with his height and build
Dunnes always been a project.. and he is currently 6th choice when there have been no 2nd row injuries really and it's hardly surprising to see Leo back experienced players like Fardy and Toner in the pro 14 run in when available given how many players are away with ireland. Hopefully Dunne can get more time in the remaining pro 14 games as he will be called upon next season much more.

Like the other young locks, not including Baird, there is a lot of development needed to reach their potential.
:clap:
Morf
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Morf »

mildlyinterested wrote: March 5th, 2021, 11:26 am

So you can not mature early like James Ryan or Baird and still be a high quality lock? I'm listening . . .
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

Dev confirms he wants to play at least 1 more season on Luke's podcast.
Also notably said that Leo has taken a step back from forwards coach and that Robin McBryde has taken over there.

Says he is currently in negotiations with Leinster about extending his contract.
Flash Gordon
Leo Cullen

Post by Flash Gordon »

mildlyinterested wrote: March 10th, 2021, 2:48 pm Dev confirms he wants to play at least 1 more season on Luke's podcast.
Also notably said that Leo has taken a step back from forwards coach and that Robin McBryde has taken over there.

Says he is currently in negotiations with Leinster about extending his contract.
Who is in negotiations? Leo, Dev or McBryde?
Flash ahhhh ahhh, he'll save every one of us
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

Flash Gordon wrote: March 10th, 2021, 3:22 pm
mildlyinterested wrote: March 10th, 2021, 2:48 pm Dev confirms he wants to play at least 1 more season on Luke's podcast.

Dev.
Flash Gordon
Leo Cullen

Post by Flash Gordon »

mildlyinterested wrote: March 10th, 2021, 3:23 pm
Flash Gordon wrote: March 10th, 2021, 3:22 pm

Dev.
Cool. With Fardy likely gone it'd be nice to have not only his ability but his experience.
Flash ahhhh ahhh, he'll save every one of us