mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

Re: 2nd Row going forward

Post by mildlyinterested »

U20
Conor O'Tighearnaigh (St. Michaels/UCD)
James Doyle (Enniscorthy RFC/Lansdowne)
Max Dunne (St. Michaels/DUFC)

O'Tighearnaigh played very well for Ireland U20's last season after emerging over the season playing for UCD u20 and being involved with the leinster sub-academy, he finished the season injured and has yet to return to play, when he does he will hope to play regularly for UCD in the AIL and add to his irish u20 caps. James Doyle is a underage backrow who appeared for Ireland u19 last season, he made his AIL debut last season for his home club Enniscorthy but has yet to appear for Lansdowne. Dunne who impressed last season for trinity u20's, has been playing regularly for trinity in the AIL this season, not as tall or heavy as his brother, he has still impressed scoring two tries in his most recent game.

U19
James O'Loughlin (Naas RFC/Naas)
Michaels O'Reilly (St. Michaels)
Michael Colreavy (Blackrock)

O'Loughlin played for irish u18 clubs last season and leinster u19 this, he is currently injured but when he returns he will hope to play for Naas in the AIL. O'Reilly has a classic tighthead lock build and was involved with ireland u18 camps last season and leinster u19 this season, he should be a key member of St. Michaels SCT side this season. Colreavy was a starter for Blackrock last season until injury cut his season short, he returns this season after featuring for Leinster U19 this season.

U18
Alan Spicer (Belvedere)
Alex Mullan (Blackrock)
Mahon Ronan (Boyne RFC)

Alan Spicer is a huge prospect size wise and impressed last season for Belvedere as a u17, he missed the schools interpros this year but was recently named in a NTS and ireland u18 squad. Mullan was captain for leinster schools this season and was recently named in a NTS and ireland u18 squad, his lack of height may mean a move to a different position. Ronan is an under-17 player who played for leinster u18 clubs this season, he was named in the ireland u18 clubs squad and in a recent NTS squad for the season.
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

Great updates, Mildly. Grma!
Keith
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Keith »

There's rumours on the Ulster forum of issues between Dan and Cormac Izuckuwu. Izzy is starting in the AIL today instead of travelling to La Rochelle. He looked like such a good prospect before his injury, I wonder could we see a return in a couple of seasons? Perhaps when Jenkins contract expires?
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

Keith wrote: January 14th, 2023, 10:31 am There's rumours on the Ulster forum of issues between Dan and Cormac Izuckuwu. Izzy is starting in the AIL today instead of travelling to La Rochelle. He looked like such a good prospect before his injury, I wonder could we see a return in a couple of seasons? Perhaps when Jenkins contract expires?
Certainly a special athlete. Id say McFarland will be gone before izzy.
neiliog93
Shane Horgan

Post by neiliog93 »

Keith wrote: January 14th, 2023, 10:31 am There's rumours on the Ulster forum of issues between Dan and Cormac Izuckuwu. Izzy is starting in the AIL today instead of travelling to La Rochelle. He looked like such a good prospect before his injury, I wonder could we see a return in a couple of seasons? Perhaps when Jenkins contract expires?
If Jenkins leaves and we weren't able to get a good NIQ, I think Izzy would be a good signing. He started rugby late and is still growing into his frame (he also grew very late). Superb athlete - fast and agile at 6'7" and 117kg, not many people can say that.
"This is breathless stuff.....it's on again. Contepomi out to Hickie,D'Arcy,Hickie.......................HICKIE FOR THE CORNER! THAT IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Keith
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Keith »

neiliog93 wrote: January 14th, 2023, 1:23 pm
If Jenkins leaves and we weren't able to get a good NIQ, I think Izzy would be a good signing. He started rugby late and is still growing into his frame (he also grew very late). Superb athlete - fast and agile at 6'7" and 117kg, not many people can say that.
Looking further into it, it seems he failed to show up to training a couple of times, which is a concern. However I fully believe in our environment this wouldn't happen and would definitely be worth a punt.
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

Leinsters options at lock going forward:

Ross Molony (28/St. Michaels/UCD) - signed contract in 2021
Jason Jenkins (26) - signed contract in 2022
James Ryan (26/St. Michaels/UCD) - central contract until 2023
Ryan Baird (23/St. Michaels/DUFC) - signed contract in 2022
Brian Deeny (22/Wexford RFC/Clontarf) - signed contract in 2022
Joe McCarthy (21/Blackrock/DUFC) - signed contract in 2022
--
Alex Soroka (21/Belvedere/Clontarf) - Academy Yr 3
Diarmuid Mangan (19/Newbridge/UCD) - Academy Yr 1
--
Conor O'Tighnearnaigh (19/St. Michaels/UCD)
James Doyle (19/Enniscorthy RFC/Lansdowne)
Last edited by mildlyinterested on January 23rd, 2023, 12:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Logorrhea
Shane Horgan

Post by Logorrhea »

Keith wrote: January 14th, 2023, 5:26 pm Looking further into it, it seems he failed to show up to training a couple of times, which is a concern. However I fully believe in our environment this wouldn't happen and would definitely be worth a punt.
They wouldn't bring a player in if they believed he would be disruptive.
Serb
Mullet

Post by Serb »

I was about to ask where Charlie Ryan was, but I guess the update is in reference to Ryan announcing his retirement from rugby today.

https://www.the42.ie/charlie-ryan-5976338-Jan2023/
OTT
Rhys Ruddock

Post by OTT »

Poor man, I remember watching him when he captained Ireland 20s and thought he looked like he had the potential to be the new Molony, tough, smart, good leader.
"Horrocks went one way, Taylor the other and I was left holding the bloody hyphen!"

~The Late Great Mick English
Blue Man
Enlightened

Post by Blue Man »

Sad news and really disappointing for the young lad to lose his career before it was ven started. Hope he can recover quickly and start a new chapter