Tighthead Prop going forward

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

Xanthippe
Shane Horgan

Re: Tighthead Prop going forward

Post by Xanthippe »

mildlyinterested wrote: August 6th, 2020, 3:37 pm Pro D2 i think..
Yep, Beziers
#LiveLifeLoveLeinster

#BeSeenBeHeardBeBlueBELIEVE

I'm a Book Mark and damn proud of it. Storm 1:08 forever
neiliog93
Shane Horgan

Post by neiliog93 »

leinsterforever wrote: August 7th, 2020, 4:22 pm
ronk wrote: August 6th, 2020, 1:59 pm Furlong and Porter need game time before the internationals start, so they’re available for the end of the season.

Once they go into camp we will see how we are. Maybe we try with Bent and Clarkson while Aungier and Salanoa ride pine. Funny how often that happens.
Clarkson will probably be in the matchday squad for every game where the internationals are unavailable. While Abdaladze's out anyway.

Aungier could see reasonable gametime as third choice behind Bealham and Robertson-McCoy. Will he get more minutes than Clarkson?

Salanoa will probably struggle to get significant gametime being fourth choice behind Ryan, Archer and Knox and with Munster not very likely to have much in the way of international call-ups.

Interesting how things work out.
More evidence that the Salanoa to Munster was one of the least justified IRFU driven poaching of Leinster players in recent years...
"This is breathless stuff.....it's on again. Contepomi out to Hickie,D'Arcy,Hickie.......................HICKIE FOR THE CORNER! THAT IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

Post by mildlyinterested »

Salanoa injured now btw.

Milne & Clarkson at training today, Milne looks heavier...

mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

Lancaster with some good words for Clarkson in the IT.

Seems to have adapted well to senior training, unsurprisingly.
FLIP
Seán Cronin

Post by FLIP »

mildlyinterested wrote: August 7th, 2020, 9:01 am
FLIP wrote: August 7th, 2020, 8:45 am
ronk wrote: August 6th, 2020, 1:59 pm Furlong and Porter need game time before the internationals start, so they’re available for the end of the season.

Once they go into camp we will see how we are. Maybe we try with Bent and Clarkson while Aungier and Salanoa ride pine. Funny how often that happens.
Will Aungier be riding pine at Connacht? Not using poached signings except as bench warmers and tackle bag holders is more of a turnip thing.
He won't be starting anyway..
But he will be scoring match sealing tries. Which is more than Loughman (only played due to last minute injury) and Salanoa (injured through bad Munster conditioning program) will do down south for some time.
Anyone But New Zealand
erskinechilders
Knowledgeable

Post by erskinechilders »

Is it time to start getting worried about Furlong? Such a long time out at this point. I'm sure the Leinster staff are still furious over Salanoa given this!
Oldschoolsocks
Shane Horgan

Post by Oldschoolsocks »

erskinechilders wrote: October 31st, 2020, 11:32 am Is it time to start getting worried about Furlong? Such a long time out at this point. I'm sure the Leinster staff are still furious over Salanoa given this!
Once I heard that The snake in the grass that is EOS was involved it seemed inevitable that something shnakey would happen
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

Tadhg turns 28 today.. Will he play again in 2020?
Serb
Mullet

Post by Serb »

mildlyinterested wrote:Tadhg turns 28 today.. Will he play again in 2020?
I’d say it’s likely he’ll be involved in some capacity before 2021. Sounds like he’s close with the calf injury and our last game of the year is in 6 weeks time on the 26th December.
Jonny tight lips
Graduate

Post by Jonny tight lips »

He’s been close for months now, a bit more information from the club would be helpful
Serb
Mullet

Post by Serb »

Yeah, that’s fair. Maybe they’ve learned from Leavy’s injury comeback, implying he would be in various squads, and the speculation that followed when he ultimately wasn’t named.

He’ll probably just show up on the bench for one of next few games.
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

Andy Farrell says "there has been a bit of debate" about whether Andrew Porter's future lies at tighthead or loosehead.

"We'll see what the future brings and how other people come through at tighthead. Tom O'Toole has been out injured, so we will see."
Ruckedtobits
Rob Kearney

Post by Ruckedtobits »

Oldschoolsocks wrote: October 31st, 2020, 11:50 am
erskinechilders wrote: October 31st, 2020, 11:32 am Is it time to start getting worried about Furlong? Such a long time out at this point. I'm sure the Leinster staff are still furious over Salanoa given this!
Once I heard that The snake in the grass that is EOS was involved it seemed inevitable that something shnakey would happen
EOS wasn't the snake involved in the final move down south.
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

mildlyinterested wrote: November 26th, 2020, 1:16 pm Andy Farrell says "there has been a bit of debate" about whether Andrew Porter's future lies at tighthead or loosehead.

"We'll see what the future brings and how other people come through at tighthead. Tom O'Toole has been out injured, so we will see."
As with Carbery, it would be disappointing for this decision to be made in the summer house.
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

Greg McGrath

hugonaut
Shane Jennings

Post by hugonaut »

mildlyinterested wrote: December 17th, 2020, 8:06 am Greg McGrath

Any idea what sort of size this guy is? Looks very fit. Interesting to see if we look to keep him on the books.

There's been no news in a long time about Vahk, and it's all 'a week too soon' stuff with regards to Tadhg.
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

hugonaut wrote: December 17th, 2020, 4:16 pm
mildlyinterested wrote: December 17th, 2020, 8:06 am Greg McGrath

Any idea what sort of size this guy is? Looks very fit. Interesting to see if we look to keep him on the books.

There's been no news in a long time about Vahk, and it's all 'a week too soon' stuff with regards to Tadhg.
listed at 6'1, 116kg on the Lansdowne website.

He has experience playing LH and TH at AIL, played both for Leinster underage too.

He actually got an irish u20 cap, that I had forgotten about.
hugonaut
Shane Jennings

Post by hugonaut »

mildlyinterested wrote: December 17th, 2020, 4:24 pm

He has experience playing LH and TH at AIL, played both for Leinster underage too.

Apparently he got five: http://www.itsrugby.co.uk/players/greg- ... 40512.html ... who knew?
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

hugonaut wrote: December 17th, 2020, 4:59 pm

Apparently he got five: http://www.itsrugby.co.uk/players/greg- ... 40512.html ... who knew?
Was a poor u20s side from memory.
hugonaut
Shane Jennings

Post by hugonaut »

mildlyinterested wrote: December 17th, 2020, 5:04 pm
hugonaut wrote: December 17th, 2020, 4:59 pm

Was a poor u20s side from memory.
Exactly what I was thinking.

We have only got two players born in 1997 in our squad - Frawley and Larmour. Not a single forward. I think we've got nine from 1996 - James Ryan, Andrew Porter, Max Deegan, Will Connors, Vahk Abdeladze, Hugo Keenan, Jimmy O'Brien, Conor O'Brien and Rowan Osbourne. And then from 1998 we've got seven: Caelan Doris, Ronan Kelleher, Jack Dunne, Dan Sheehan, Tommy O'Brien, Hugh O'Sullivan and Michael Silvester.

So that b.1997/U20 in 2017 year was a real lull for us. Tadhg McElroy was a player who had physical ability but in terms of mentality seemed to have been a bad fit for Leinster ... plus we had Ronan Kelleher coming into contention one year behind him, so McElroy wasn't worth the stress. Jack Kelly and Gavin Mullin didn't fulfil their agegrade potential/were overhyped [delete as you see fit]. We ended up producing a lot of players who are now signed to Connacht: Paul Boyle, Jordan Duggan, Conor Dean and Oisin Dowling.