Post by mildlyinterested »

Sean Cronin(35) - 193 caps, signed contract in 2021
James Tracy(30) - 126 caps, signed contract in 2021
Ronan Kelleher(23) - 21 caps, signed contract in 2019
Dan Sheehan(22) - 10 caps, signed contract in 2020
--
John McKee(21)
Lee Barron(20)
Last edited by mildlyinterested on April 15th, 2021, 8:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Re: Hooker options going forward

Post by ronk »

mildlyinterested wrote: April 15th, 2021, 12:59 pm Sean Cronin(34) - 181 caps, signed contract in 2021
James Tracy(30) - 108 caps, signed contract in 2021
Ronan Kelleher(23) - 11 caps, signed contract in 2019
Dan Sheehan(22) - uncapped, signed contract in 2020
--
John McKee(21)
Lee Barron(20)
Those figures are out of date
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

ronk wrote: April 15th, 2021, 8:28 pm
mildlyinterested wrote: April 15th, 2021, 12:59 pm Sean Cronin(34) - 181 caps, signed contract in 2021
James Tracy(30) - 108 caps, signed contract in 2021
Ronan Kelleher(23) - 11 caps, signed contract in 2019
Dan Sheehan(22) - uncapped, signed contract in 2020
--
John McKee(21)
Lee Barron(20)
Those figures are out of date
yep fixed that, thanks.
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

TRK calling for Munster to recruit Dan Sheehan I see.. hardly surprising makes a lot of sense as he'd be quickly first choice for them.

If Sheehan is starting tomorrow as rumoured that will be a good sign that the re-signing of Cronin won't be a barrier for Dan progressing.
carlow man
Enlightened

Post by carlow man »

They have their own quota of hookers. Why do they need one of ours? Its not our fault they are all useless
Twist
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Twist »

mildlyinterested wrote: April 23rd, 2021, 8:17 am TRK calling for Munster to recruit Dan Sheehan I see.. hardly surprising makes a lot of sense as he'd be quickly first choice for them.

If Sheehan is starting tomorrow as rumoured that will be a good sign that the re-signing of Cronin won't be a barrier for Dan progressing.
Where did he say that? I'm not doubting you or anything, I'd just like to read it
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

Twist wrote: April 23rd, 2021, 10:34 am
mildlyinterested wrote: April 23rd, 2021, 8:17 am TRK calling for Munster to recruit Dan Sheehan I see.. hardly surprising makes a lot of sense as he'd be quickly first choice for them.

Where did he say that? I'm not doubting you or anything, I'd just like to read it
https://www.threeredkings.com/playing-the-2/
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

It's exactly the type of signing Munster should go after in fairness.

A massive ball carrying young IQ hooker.

Would be a no brainer.

But I'd hope (and assume) that Sheahan would see far more opportunity to pair with RK for the next 10 years than head south.
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

wixfjord wrote: April 23rd, 2021, 10:50 am It's exactly the type of signing Munster should go after in fairness.

Would be a no brainer.

But I'd hope (and assume) that Sheahan would see far more opportunity to pair with RK for the next 10 years than head south.
Yeah it makes complete sense for them to go after him, which is why leinster need to make sure he sees a better future here than down south.
carlow man
Enlightened

Post by carlow man »

Isn't Barron supposed to be highly rated? Not sure if hrs a hooker btw!
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

carlow man wrote: April 23rd, 2021, 11:03 am Isn't Barron supposed to be highly rated? Not sure if hrs a hooker btw!
he is well regarded, not sure he has the potential of either Kelleher or Sheehan.. hasn't played much this season unfortunately
FLIP
Seán Cronin

Post by FLIP »

mildlyinterested wrote: April 23rd, 2021, 10:55 am
wixfjord wrote: April 23rd, 2021, 10:50 am It's exactly the type of signing Munster should go after in fairness.

Would be a no brainer.

Yeah it makes complete sense for them to go after him, which is why leinster need to make sure he sees a better future here than down south.
That won't be hard to do
Anyone But New Zealand
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

FLIP wrote: April 23rd, 2021, 11:52 am

Would be a no brainer.

That won't be hard to do
leinster have lost a player they didn't want to lose to munster each of the past three seasons so easier said than done, still you'd be hopeful he will be happy to stay.. if leinster can accelerate his progression and he makes his european debut next season we should be okay, you'd hope.
FLIP
Seán Cronin

Post by FLIP »

mildlyinterested wrote: April 23rd, 2021, 11:54 am
FLIP wrote: April 23rd, 2021, 11:52 am

That won't be hard to do
leinster have lost a player they didn't want to lose to munster each of the past three seasons so easier said than done.
Yeah but only Conway has reached a higher level since going down there and even that took years. That fact alone should warn off our youngsters.
Anyone But New Zealand
arsebiscuits1
Mullet

Post by arsebiscuits1 »

Sheehan likely has the same mindset as Penny with regards to his standing in the club and and potential move.

Penny said it in black and white. He knows he's not number 1 but he's backing his ability to develop and become number 1.

I have no doubt Sheehan is of the same mindset. Bedamned whose ahead of you. Put the head down and do everything you can to make the jersey yours.

Sets Leinster apart in many ways. Outside looking in it appears that Leinster are hoarding all the talent who should move elsewhere to develop. Inside looking out it's full of guys fully backing themselves to be the best regardless of whose jersey they need to take.

Champions culture.
He's gotten awfully fond of that brick
erskinechilders
Knowledgeable

Post by erskinechilders »

Salanoa left Leinster for more game time and more exposure.. so far this year he's played 73 minutes over 5 games

Thomas Clarkson, who only played as a result of Salanoa leaving, played 288 minutes over 10 games....

I think the lads behind the internationals and the young lads coming through are starting to see that JVG and Munster are full of false promises when it comes to game time and are sticking around as a result. Penny, Sheehan, etc.
Laighin Break
Mullet

Post by Laighin Break »

That's mad. Was Salanoa injured at any stage that kept his appearances/minutes low?
Even Ciarán Parker, who Leinster brought in as a joker, played more minutes than Salanoa (85 minutes in 3 appearances from the bench).
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

Laighin Break wrote: April 23rd, 2021, 2:29 pm That's mad. Was Salanoa injured at any stage that kept his appearances/minutes low?
Even Ciarán Parker, who Leinster brought in as a joker, played more minutes than Salanoa (85 minutes in 3 appearances from the bench).
Salanoa was injured, but really he is very raw still as a rugby player outside of his huge athletic power.
Keith
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Keith »

Would be a no brainer.

Its still pathetic to see Munster fans constantly calling for their province to sign players from other provinces, especially when they are experiencing a bit of a golden generation in terms of their own academy.
elephantman
Knowledgeable

Post by elephantman »

Would be a no brainer.

I’ve always suspected Munster would target Dan Sheehan.

It’s still utterly shameless for Tom Savage to do it so publicly.

Hopefully Dan tells them where to go.